Savia thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

So I am mostly a silent reader, but my viewpoints are really different that most here, so here is my thread discussing the characters, feel free to give your character analysis,So here it is:

Adults:

Nanu: He is a good man that really cares for his children and is a great grandfather. But he needs to realize that his daughters our grown and have their own family. Their viewpoints and ways of raising their children might differ from his. It is important that he backs up, and gives respect and space to their' spouse's especially Jeet.

Pinky: A good mother, but her biggest problem is that she is not sure of what she wants, she needs to stop jumping between Sweety's and Jeet's views, and make her own view, somewhere in the middle and defend it. I loved the scene where she was talking to Rashi, about rich kids and parties, until Jeet interrupts her because you could tell that was her style. I do think sometimes she needs to be stricter with her kids, and not have Jeet always be the bad guy.

Jeet: He is a good father and a good husband. I actually agree with Jeet on a lot of issues; like western music or trusting your kids. I don't agree with how he quit his job or not letting Pinky work. He should not have just quit his job, he should have proved his boss wrong, found another job and quit. I am glad Pinky convinced Jeet to finish his target and give it to his boss and that he did that. I also get his need for people not interfering in his life, especially because Sweety and Nanu are a little nosy, but he needs to realize they are family and they care too, and not let his stress make him so angry. Now to the party, yes he agreed partly because he was annoyed at Sweety, but I think it was the right decision. Think about it, he did not know how bratty SAM was and letting your kids experience new things is important. It is easy to say your kids are well behaved and have SANSKAR if they are in the house all the time. You truly know that they are when they are in new situations, choose to be well behaved and follow your values I think both Rashi and Ginny did show good decision making skills. love the scene where he is telling Rashi what to do and to be careful, reminds he off the first time I went to a sleepover and my mom. (Only if he had also put a cell phone in, with the phone numbers!).

Sweety: She tries to be a great mother, but sometimes does not implement it well. As a wife sometimes she needs to be better. Sweety does not always explain her decision to her kids, and is over protective, but she does a great job taking care of them. I love her scenes after Rocky's injury where she talking to him on the bed or the scene where she goes to get Ginny in the rock competition, she truly shows that a mother will go everything for her kids. As a wife sometimes however I feel Sweety needs to be more thoughtful, like on the day Lucky took her out or on the day when she was talking to the tuition teacher.  In genral I find her a little nosy, and she tends to be brash, like lucky said on Monday "kehna, datna mat"

Lucky: He is just a wonderful person period. Everyone knows a person like Lucky in their life, a person who is easy to get along with, makes everyone happy, lucky is that person.  The only problem I have with him is that he needs to be more assertive to Sweety regarding his feelings especially when it comes to his children.

Lovely: Is a good guy, but makes mistake because he is a little self centered! But other wise a good mama, son and husband: Don't know enough yet. Have not seen enough to know a lot.

Dolly: A little dramatic, but good. Have not seen enough to know a lot.

The kids:

Rocky: A little oversmart. Good intentions gone wrong! With the flyers, now with the party. I know many people don't like his and Aishwariya's track, but as long as they show it with class its very realistic, 16-17 is when you have your first true crush perhaps even love for someone. A lot of people marry their high school sweet hearts. Tries to be a good brother and son.

Raavi: Like her mom, Raavi is confused; she does not know what she wants therefore does not put effort into it. Raavi is a good sister, she supported Ginny with singing, Sunny with his project, is nice to Raashi despite the trouble she get her into..etc. As a daughter thought she sometimes is not  sensitive to her parents feelings.

Ginny: She is popular, and talented. She tried to be a good sister, and a good daughter. However, her dreams, often crash with her mother's values, causing a lot of problems for her. However, at the party, the fact that she wanted to leave after the boys came and swimming pool incident happends, shows he good judgement.

Sunny: He is spoilt because he is youngest, and sometimes does bratty things, but otherwise is too young to have strong personality traits yet.

Raashi: (while I think the actress is doing a good job, she does not look 12) As the middle child, craves attention, very common of middle kids. She is very book smart, but does not always have good social skills and does not know to spak well. Raashi makes stupid choices, and does not act her age all the time, sometime too young, and sometimes like a nani. She will pick fights for the sake of her siblings, and you see that at the party, and in school when Ginny can't do ROCKBAND. But I don't think she should change to fit into Ginny's crowd, and be less "down market" because at the end of the day her values too are at the right place. You see that when she stands up for Ginny. I know people think she should not have left Gunny behind and kept running, but she did not have a choice, it would not have done any good for her to get kidnapped as well, at least this way she can get help. What would have been better would have been was her to tell Ginny to hide, and then continue running, but as we know Rashi lacks social skills.

Sorry for the long post! I love this show and the characters; they are not perfect and so true to life. It's nice to see a show about every day good people, who are not perfect! Tell me your views on the characters.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Nice post & Welcome to the forum.

I'll comment about the adults later.

I feel the writers have made Rocky & Ginny round characters, detailed fleshed-out kids. But on the other hand Raavi, Rashi & Sunny are rather one-dimensional characters propped up by single traits. Rashi - oversmartness, Sunny - cuteness & Raavi - confused(?)
Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Nice analyisis dear..!!!πŸ‘

Nd welcome to da Forum..!!!πŸ˜ƒ

Really glad dat more nd more people r joining Parvarish forum nowadays..!!!πŸ˜›
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nice analysis. Hv watched d show on nd off nd so aren't too fimiliar wid d characters of all d charactersπŸ˜‰. Thnxs 4 giving an insight into d chars.
-sourire- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Savia

Adults:

Nanu: He is a good man that really cares for his children and is a great grandfather. But he needs to realize that his daughters our grown and have their own family. Their viewpoints and ways of raising their children might differ from his. It is important that he backs up, and gives respect and space to their' spouse's especially Jeet.

I believe the issue is not really with Phapaji only but rather with Jeet himself too. He needs to let go of the thought that "Phapaji hates me because I ran away and married his daughter" that he keeps bringing up. I find Phaphaji really amazing actually...well, at least that is the case so far. I think he does give people their much needed space then be it the kids or the adults. Yes, he is short tempered (well, maybe ?) but still he is more understanding and has the most experience out of anybody. I find Jeet at fault too for not trusting his father-in-law enough which gets Pinky in trouble too. She becomes the guniea pig between their arguments. Like I loved the way Phapaji made Sunny realize his mistake by showing him rather than just imposing the decisions of yes this is right or no this is wrong. And even when Jeet was so concerned regarding his health, he was trying to cheer him up and even made an honest effort of going to Jeet's house so that they both could go for a run together. Even then he was complaining to Pinky. I don't see Lucky having problems with Phapaji, why is it always Jeet? πŸ˜†

Pinky: A good mother, but her biggest problem is that she is not sure of what she wants, she needs to stop jumping between Sweety's and Jeet's views, and make her own view, somewhere in the middle and defend it. I loved the scene where she was talking to Rashi, about rich kids and parties, until Jeet interrupts her because you could tell that was her style. I do think sometimes she needs to be stricter with her kids, and not have Jeet always be the bad guy.

I completely agree with this one. Pinky is like a pendulum literally. πŸ˜† One minute she is planning on saying something and then the next minute she is confused and back to square one. She needs to establish her own identity as a wife and as a mother and be more strict with the kids...especially Raashi! The most spoilt kid in that house as of now. And I believe when she manages this much, she would be more calm and composed and make better decisions. She is the type who does not want to upset anyone, then be it her kids or her own husband...hence you can see that hesitancy when she is saying something to them or trying to present her POV. She is always skeptical and nervous as to how they will react to her POV. She is not as confident a mother as she should be (compared to Sweety at least) and that is why her kids take advantage of her. Like when she had slapped Sunny, she was so guilty the next minute. Her being a mother, it is understandable that her heart aches if anything happens to any of her child. But one has to be strong and make tough decisions too for the betterment of the children. 

Jeet: He is a good father and a good husband. I actually agree with Jeet on a lot of issues; like western music or trusting your kids. I don't agree with how he quit his job or not letting Pinky work. He should not have just quit his job, he should have proved his boss wrong, found another job and quit. I am glad Pinky convinced Jeet to finish his target and give it to his boss and that he did that. I also get his need for people not interfering in his life, especially because Sweety and Nanu are a little nosy, but he needs to realize they are family and they care too, and not let his stress make him so angry. Now to the party, yes he agreed partly because he was annoyed at Sweety, but I think it was the right decision. Think about it, he did not know how bratty SAM was and letting your kids experience new things is important. It is easy to say your kids are well behaved and have SANSKAR if they are in the house all the time. You truly know that they are when they are in new situations, choose to be well behaved and follow your values I think both Rashi and Ginny did show good decision making skills. love the scene where he is telling Rashi what to do and to be careful, reminds he off the first time I went to a sleepover and my mom. (Only if he had also put a cell phone in, with the phone numbers!).

Jeet, hmm...sometimes I just wish he should just relax and stop trying to be the 'perfect husband', the 'perfect father' etc. He puts too much on his plate and then stresses himself out like anything which puts his interactions with others at risk. I agree that his modern mentality does come of as refreshing at times but at other instances, things should just be done the old-fashioned way. Zamana badal raha hai toh badlo, sure, but there has to be boundaries that need to be drawn. Jeet has a big lesson to learn from this farmhouse party incident that happened recently. 

Sweety: She tries to be a great mother, but sometimes does not implement it well. As a wife sometimes she needs to be better. Sweety does not always explain her decision to her kids, and is over protective, but she does a great job taking care of them. I love her scenes after Rocky's injury where she talking to him on the bed or the scene where she goes to get Ginny in the rock competition, she truly shows that a mother will go everything for her kids. As a wife sometimes however I feel Sweety needs to be more thoughtful, like on the day Lucky took her out or on the day when she was talking to the tuition teacher.  In genral I find her a little nosy, and she tends to be brash, like lucky said on Monday "kehna, datna mat"

Sweety is just always a concerned freak. Just like all the other adults, she needs to take a chill pill too. πŸ˜† Another thing she needs to stop doing is stop comparing her children to the rest of the world. She needs to understand and encourage her children's individuality and not try to out do others all time in the name of 'this is best for my child'. But I like how she goes through this self-realization phase where she tries to understand her kids's POVs and makes every effort to fulfill their needs. She is emotional, sensitive but she adorns this toughness on the top which creates this little fear in her children. And little fear is good! πŸ˜†

Lucky: He is just a wonderful person period. Everyone knows a person like Lucky in their life, a person who is easy to get along with, makes everyone happy, lucky is that person.  The only problem I have with him is that he needs to be more assertive to Sweety regarding his feelings especially when it comes to his children.

He is cool! 😎 Samose, butter chicken and mithai...and the man is in heaven. πŸ˜› πŸ˜† He is a perfect balance to Sweety's personality. He is funny and has a chilled out personality. Really a wonderful person, I agree. Probably the only one in the house who can handle Sweety and break the tension when need be. 

Lovely: Is a good guy, but makes mistake because he is a little self centered! But other wise a good mama, son and husband: Don't know enough yet. Have not seen enough to know a lot.

I love how Phapaji calls him Khota! πŸ˜† 

Dolly: A little dramatic, but good. Have not seen enough to know a lot.

I like Dolly. She is a sweet addition to the family. I adore her and her father-in-laws' bonding and interactions and the way Phapaji calls her puttar. It's so cute! πŸ˜†

The kids:

Rocky: A little oversmart. Good intentions gone wrong! With the flyers, now with the party. I know many people don't like his and Aishwariya's track, but as long as they show it with class its very realistic, 16-17 is when you have your first true crush perhaps even love for someone. A lot of people marry their high school sweet hearts. Tries to be a good brother and son.

Rocky needs to start acting like an older brother and stop creating more trouble for others. But I really like how Sweety just goes all out on him with her blunt motherly tone. It makes for a fun interaction between them. But he is definitely like Lucky...chill, relaxed kinda dude. Just needs to be serious at times and make smart decisions. 

Raavi: Like her mom, Raavi is confused; she does not know what she wants therefore does not put effort into it. Raavi is a good sister, she supported Ginny with singing, Sunny with his project, is nice to Raashi despite the trouble she get her into..etc. As a daughter thought she sometimes is not  sensitive to her parents feelings. 

Raavi is entering that phase where she is maturing but her personality needs to be groomed in the right direction. Her bonding and understanding level with Jeet makes for a sweet watch. But with Pinky around her, I have my doubts. πŸ˜† And she is old enough to stand up for herself and be bold in matters regarding her school...about time she tells off that Abishek guy if she does not want him to come near her. 

Ginny: She is popular, and talented. She tried to be a good sister, and a good daughter. However, her dreams, often crash with her mother's values, causing a lot of problems for her. However, at the party, the fact that she wanted to leave after the boys came and swimming pool incident happends, shows he good judgement.

Ginny reminds of teens who become victims of peer pressure. She is easily influenced and is not a rational thinker. She is always trying to 'fit in' with the famous crowd. And she is not as bold like Raashi is which a must have quality especially when you land in trouble. I find this weird that she has the guts to yell at Sweety for not letting her go to a party but she didn't say a word when that kid pushed her into the pool or when Sam tricked her and invited boys over. Hello? This is why I like Raashi better at times...yes she is mischievous and that is what kids are but she is a much more bolder person that Ginny. And the fact that Ginny always asks for Raashi's help just goes to show how dependent she is on other people. She is not bold enough to take her own stand. 

Sunny: He is spoilt because he is youngest, and sometimes does bratty things, but otherwise is too young to have strong personality traits yet.

Definitely less spoilt and bratty than Raashi, IMO of course! πŸ˜† He is a cute kid and actually makes an effort of listening to parents and what the adults are trying to say (case in point being his walk with his Nanu)...whereas Raashi toh just thinks she is the grandma of the house and pulls everyone's strings. 

Raashi: (while I think the actress is doing a good job, she does not look 12) As the middle child, craves attention, very common of middle kids. She is very book smart, but does not always have good social skills and does not know to spak well. Raashi makes stupid choices, and does not act her age all the time, sometime too young, and sometimes like a nani. She will pick fights for the sake of her siblings, and you see that at the party, and in school when Ginny can't do ROCKBAND. But I don't think she should change to fit into Ginny's crowd, and be less "down market" because at the end of the day her values too are at the right place. You see that when she stands up for Ginny. I know people think she should not have left Gunny behind and kept running, but she did not have a choice, it would not have done any good for her to get kidnapped as well, at least this way she can get help. What would have been better would have been was her to tell Ginny to hide, and then continue running, but as we know Rashi lacks social skills.

I find Raashi to be bratty, sharp, chalaak types but I feel her social interactions are fine. I think a lot of it has to do with the way she has been raised. The fact that she is more closer to Sunny than Raavi and is the bully in the house, she doesn't have the best of the manners, I agree. She isn't very 'girly' like is expected of girls of her age and is more on the tomboyish spectrum but when it comes to interacting with people, or hanging out at a party, she seems to be doing just fine. Not to say that it may not change in the future as and when she matures cognitively but that is what I think of her for now. 

Sorry for the long post! I love this show and the characters; they are not perfect and so true to life. It's nice to see a show about every day good people, who are not perfect! Tell me your views on the characters.

Loved reading your views and welcome! πŸ˜Š

Edited by -sourire- - 12 years ago
.allizwell. thumbnail
Savia... Beautiful analysis...⭐️.. me just caught some glimpses of the show...need to catch up with old episodes...will edit this post once that is done... (my like key is not responding...😑...but a thousand likes to all the posts of this forum...as the posts r only facts...no bakwaasπŸ‘πŸΌ) Edited by .allizwell. - 12 years ago
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Wow !! Superb analysis hun <3.. And I liked Sourire's too.. I agree with Sour's a bit more..

I will try to put my analyses.. 2 mins..

Sweety - The ultimate... MOM πŸ˜•πŸ˜† 

Cant think of any other phrase.. Control freak, comparing her kids 24x7 to others, no appreciation for good performance but making lives HELL if you score low, if someone tries to point out flaws shouting at him/her initially, but later on when she is calm, she realizes they were right.. and then her going through 'rectifying-mistakes' drama 🀣 Selfish to the power infinity when she smells any sort of danger for her kids.. Behaves like Sherlock Homes when she smells lies πŸ˜† In short, she is replica of MY MOM 😳 SOOO love her 😳..

As a wife, she needs to improve a LOT.. πŸ˜ƒ 2/3 dates a month.. That really helps 😳 .. And please dont talk about price n all in 5-star hotels 🀣 Needs to shower lil bit more love towards her adorable hubby dearest 😳 Few hugs.. kisses.. ahem ahem πŸ˜³πŸ˜†..

As a sister, caring, but not very supportive.. Whenever Pinky discusses her own problem, she goes back discussing her own probs.. But she cares abt her sis a LOT Embarrassed Always gives only those suggestions which she herself would follow.. No 'Preach something practise something else' drama.. πŸ˜ƒ Be it for private tutor, or for Jeet's pressure issue.. A bit nosy, but mostly it's Pinky who calls her to inform abt her own family matters.. Otherwise, Sweety's busy with her own family the most πŸ˜† Doesn't trust Lovely also πŸ˜†.. Bechara bhai πŸ˜†

As a daughter, pretty good.. Forces her dad for check ups.. πŸ˜†.. Follows those age-old values n morals in their kids lives that she got from her father..

As an Aunty, nice and supportive.. Points out the faults / lies like she did for rashi in circular thing.. and supports the kids when needed like bringing raavi home for 2/3 days πŸ˜ƒ

As a Bhabhi, very nice and supportive.. πŸ˜ƒ Loved how she wished Dolly at 12.. And then made the plan to teach Lovely a lesson πŸ˜†.. Dolly's got a good friend as Sweety πŸ˜ƒ

-------------------------

OMG I just realized I wrote an essay only on one character😳ROFL.. Too tired to write abt others right now so will continue in a while πŸ€”
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

@sourire - hope I've got d name right.😊 Thnxs 4 gving an alternative perrspective of all d characters.

@P4R -  bang on wid ur analysis of Sweety.
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Okie now others..

Lucky.. Absolute sweetheart.. Knows very well how to balance out his home's equation πŸ˜†.. Exact opposite of Sweety.. While Sweety always talks on the edge, he always tries to avoid tension as much as possible πŸ˜†.. A poor victim of Sweety's obsession towards 'health-consciousness' and 'obesity' issue 🀣 Manages Sweety very well.. ( For this alone he deserves 5 stars β­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈ ).. πŸ˜†.. Fun loving.. but is stern when it's about taking a strict n serious decision.. Unbiased and understands the bridge well btwn Gen X and Y πŸ˜ƒ He lets Sweety handle the household usually, but pulls the string to his hand when necessary.. Superb husband and father ! πŸ˜ƒ Very loving Uncle and SIL and BIL too.. 😊.. Loved his support towards Jeet..

Pinky.. Dont wanna write much cuz nothing to write πŸ˜†.. Too confused, crybaby types, no confidence in her own decision / opinion.. is always with a worried face πŸ˜’.. M bored of her πŸ˜’ But Rupali doing a FAB job ! πŸ˜ƒ Anyways, as a wife, she is OUTSTANDING.. Loved how she supported Jeet regarding the job issue.. And her idea of going out for half day from office.. Loving and caring wife πŸ˜ƒ No doubt there.. Loving sister and daughter too.. Always up for suggestions from her sister.. Gives her best suggestions too when needed.. like Ginny's rock comp.. A nice aunty too 😊..

Jeet.. Not liking his character these days.. Immature and judgemental.. A bit egoistic.. Immature to leave job like that.. Judgemental that Papaji never liked me.. Egoistic enough to leave the job for a valid reason.. in that issue, HE was wrong.. he was doing personal stuffs in office.. But he doesnt seem to admit it.. These days fighting with my Sweety Ji for all small small issues just cuz Sweety knows that.. So ? Big DEAL.. She didnt announce it in Radion 92.7 BIG FM did she 😑 Over stresses himself .. Misjudges his own capability and tries to become the best.. even though he is not.. Needs to chill πŸ˜†.. Others too.. But he is having BP and all.. So as of now only HE needs to chill πŸ˜†..

Kids...

Ginny - Abs love her.. Talented.. But less-confident abt studies.. Not her fault though.. Tries to please her mom 24x7 and gives her life for that.. Kind of introvert, which is why didnt ask her mom abt the rock comp misunderstandings.. rather she silently left the band.. πŸ₯Ί.. emotional and 'adjust kar lo' types.. Didnt hold any grudge against her mom too in that track.. gave different reasons to her classmates for leaving the band midway.. Very nice upbringing..

Rocky - Cool and SO like these days kids πŸ˜†.. His idea of giving Sweety a cellphone with no incoming outgoing 🀣 or asking his mom 'how am i looking' or fashion consciousness πŸ˜† Love everything πŸ˜†... his intentions are right, but always messes it up.. didnt create much drama when raavi blamed him for phone number thing πŸ˜†.. a nice cousin and bro.. a nice son too apart from when he said he sometimes feels ashamed cuz of sweety.. that was a bit OTT.. But got nice dose from his dad πŸ‘ very caring son.. πŸ˜ƒ

Rashi - Can't stand her.. May be Uttaran effect .. So no comment 🀣

Raavi - Too confused and shallow .. Nothing to discuss.. But yes, has strong sense of what's right and what's wrong.. very truthful to her mom.. She and Pinky share an awesome bond of friendship πŸ˜ƒ

Sunny - Too cute πŸ˜†.. Spoilt.. Moody.. Witty πŸ˜†..

--------------------

Nanu - Sometimes interferes too much in his daughters' lives.. Not needed.. Very loving FIL of all Lucky, Jeet and Dolly.. πŸ˜ƒ Love his bonding with Dolly.. πŸ˜ƒ

Dolly-Lovely - All good.. Dolly is more sensitive, loving caring and mature.. πŸ˜ƒ Obviously she is loved more by others than her useless hubby Lovely is πŸ˜†
Unconventional thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Lovely analysis by both Savia  nd Prerne4rishav...πŸ‘πŸΌ

Jst wanna say my fav.character has to be luckyji...aww...he's such a sweetie pie...adorable...very lovable...luv his scenes wid sweety...😍

n two characters who jst irritates d hell out of me is ginny n rashi... one is always lying to her parents..nd d other is busy in showing her oversmartness...😑