India-Forums

Rihhaee
Rihhaee

How Rajeshwari bagged Rihhaee

anjali.nair IF-Rockerz
anjali.nair
anjali.nair

Posted: 12 April 2005 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
In yet another case of entry and exit from the serial world, Divya Dutta, who was part of Rihhaee (Sony), is no longer in the show.

This crime saga, which finally goes on air on February 9, now stars Rajeshwari Sachdev.

Dutta, who shot for Rihhaee in December says, "There was basically a date issue and certain internal problems which I cannot spell out.

Moreover, I am also doing films, so I could not devote more time to the serial."

Though Dutta shot only for a short while, she realised that there was going to be more than 15 days of shoot in a month. "So, I decided to opt out of the show before it went on air."

Rihhaee, which was initially slated for December, will air on Wednesday and Thursday at 10.30 pm.

This is part of Sony's initiative to have 10.30 pm as a crime slot, as a distinct offering from the soaps that are dished out at that hour. On Monday and Tuesday, Sony has B P Singh's CID- Special Squad which cracks open long-forgotten cases.

Produced by BAG Films, Rihhaee takes on crimes against women. It is directed by Santram Varma who directed the Balaji film, Krishna Cottage, besides several Ekta Kapoor serials like Kahiin Kissi Roz and Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeequat.

"The serial deals with stories about crimes against women. It is a fictionalised account of real incidents of crimes against women," says producer Anurradha Prasad of BAG Films.

"Every week there will be a new story with the characters of Madhavi (played by Sachdev) along with Anupam (Nakul Vaid) taking on their cases through a quasi-judicial organisation and resolving the cases."

Interestingly, the first episode has Gurdip Kohli (Dr Juhi of Sanjivani) essaying the role of a woman who is forced to marry a mentally challenged man.

The second episode has Gauri Pradhan (Nandini of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi) re-enacting a drama about sexual harassment at work.

As for Dutta's exit, Prasad says, "Yes we did initially shoot with Divya Dutta but things did not work out."

Incidentally, on the films front, Dutta will be seen in Shyam Bengal's Netaji – The Last Action Hero, Prabhakar Shukla's Kahani Gudiya Ki and Khalid Mohamed's Silsiley. Dutta was last seen on the small screen in Kadam (SaharaOne).

She is also part of Shanno Ki Shaadi, a serial though announced a while ago has yet to take off on Star Plus.

Sachdev, who used to co-anchor Antakshari (Zee) was also earlier seen as Mallika in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki.

anitha.b IF-Dazzler
anitha.b
anitha.b

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 9:06am | IP Logged
Thanks Bluepink.

I really like Divya Dutta. But I think Rajeshwari too is doing a good job in that role as a resolute woman.

sukh IF-Rockerz
sukh
sukh

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 11:32am | IP Logged
thax for the info.Wink
Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
I like Divya dutta too.Rajeshwari though is equally talented,having two national awards under her belt.
anjali.nair IF-Rockerz
anjali.nair
anjali.nair

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
Talking about Divya Dutta, did you guys watch today's episode featuring her? Is it one of those earlier episodes? because since I started watching I have always seen Rajeswari. Comparing both I like Rajeswari better because somehow I found her physique good for the role. The way she talks and walks really gives that feel. You knwo what I mean Cool Divya Dutta sure is a great actress but Rajeswari rocks as lead protogonist.
sangeeta Goldie
sangeeta
sangeeta

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 7:30am | IP Logged

Originally posted by bluepink

Talking about Divya Dutta, did you guys watch today's episode featuring her? Is it one of those earlier episodes? because since I started watching I have always seen Rajeswari. Comparing both I like Rajeswari better because somehow I found her physique good for the role. The way she talks and walks really gives that feel. You knwo what I mean Cool Divya Dutta sure is a great actress but Rajeswari rocks as lead protogonist.

Agree with you completely. I saw the episode yesterday with Divya Dutta and felt that Rajeshwari does a better job of playing Madhvi.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top