Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2
Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2

India-Forums

TV review: 'Na Bole Tum' is a worthy (Page 4)

-Fivr- IF-Veteran Member
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 14 January 2012 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by priya.nair

@Fivr,nureat and Maa_maansi : I agree the story has the right characters in play and its not your typical stereo casted actors. However this is a trp industry and sometimes i wish they would give more importance to content than the drama and the hunks.

I have liked the way the CV;s have presented the first week to us. The way the kid nanhi has played her part is so real it touches you. The way she feels for her mother is portrayed so well and the way she has taken on the mission is what also makes this different. She plays a very important role in the bonding of the kunal and megha which already makes it different from the other shows. They should have mentioned this as one of the plus too of the show.

@bold: I'm a little confused.. Do you mean that you wish this show gave more importance to content than drama and hunks? Or are you saying that because it's a trp industry that runs on drama and hunks, that you feel like this show (which is high on content but no hunk/drama) may not do well..? Lol.. ConfusedLOL

Reg. Nanhi: I agree - they should have given the kids their due credit because in all honestly, they are pretty realistic and talented. None of those plastic OTT kids who spout lines that 80 year old won't.. Kids playing older than their age and FAILING at it annoys the heck out of me. But Nanhi is such a refreshing mix of maturity and childishness, it's interesting to watch. Plus the circumstances surrounding her JUSTIFY her need to mature a little sooner than her age. Which is another plus. That being said, I think Addu deserved his due too.. He's pretty good too, in my opinion.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-AreYaar

OodlesDoodles IF-Veteran Member
OodlesDoodles
OodlesDoodles

Posted: 14 January 2012 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
^^^^ the later fivr...i feel that there is so much to the chemistry of the lead couples that really keep people glued...romance which i feel these days are being beaten to death in every form and has become boring still rules...i am not saying only romance is the reason a show runs but that seems to be a major reason ...So somewhere if this show does need to survive there needs to be romance brought in to the picture and I know that CV;s have it in the script. Its just hopefully people are able to adjust to a different approach taken by the CV in their story telling.

-Swetha--Fivr-

-Fivr- IF-Veteran Member
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 14 January 2012 at 2:05pm | IP Logged

^^^^ the later fivr...i feel that there is so much to the chemistry of the lead couples that really keep people glued...romance which i feel these days are being beaten to death in every form and has become boring still rules...i am not saying only romance is the reason a show runs but that seems to be a major reason ...So somewhere if this show does need to survive there needs to be romance brought in to the picture and I know that CV;s have it in the script. Its just hopefully people are able to adjust to a different approach taken by the CV in their story telling.

Honestly, I would prefer a show that has a short but SENSIBLE run than a show that rules the trp charts and run forever but has NO story to its name. So while I agree with you that romance and mostly "hawt romance" rules these days, I am okay if it doesn't rule in this show. I am okay if this show has a decent run - a small run but a MATURE run. Maybe I'm just so sick of watching shows turn to trash, all in bid to win this trp race k now I am willing to have a show that doesn't allow trps to dictate it's content. And if that means this show will have a small stint because of it, I'll say it will be a stint worth writing home about.

Plus, the different approach to romance (as you've mentioned) in this show isn't something that no one would be appealed by. Everything finds a target audience and clearly this show has already started to find it's target. We may not get the fangirls other shows garner.. But I am not so sure that that would be a bad thing.. LOL I'd take a different approach to romance - a more REALISTIC approach to romance OVER flying dupattas, trip-catch scenes and five-minute long stares any day! LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-KevaAreYaar

Keva Goldie
Keva
Keva

Posted: 14 January 2012 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
I just watched all the episodes today and must say the concept is really good. Thumbs Up I didn't watch the promos and also had no idea what the concept of the show is all I knew that there was a new show on colors since I saw a few avis here and there so decided lets watch it. I am definitely not disappointed for the first week. The first episode had me hooked.

I think Kunal actually does fit in his role. I haven't watched his previous shows so he is a new actor for me. Maybe the writer of this article was expecting the hero to be without a shirt running around completely wet or running to save a woman and the camera would focus on his awesome body. Wacko Then all the girls will come and say wow he has an awesome body and hence he is a good actor. Wacko ROFLMust say male television actors nowadays are known for their hawtness and the bollywood male actors are known for their item numbers. Acting ka toh naam hi koi nehi leta ajkal. Sabke sab race mein lage hai kaun hai hawt aur kaun hai item number Wacko What actually puts me off is it is a colors show. I mean there shows have been extremely pathetic for a long time now and the trend seems to be not changing at all. It is definitely worth watching but with extreme caution considering it is a colors show.

-Fivr-AreYaar

-Fivr- IF-Veteran Member
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 14 January 2012 at 3:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Keva

I just watched all the episodes today and must say the concept is really good. Thumbs Up I didn't watch the promos and also had no idea what the concept of the show is all I knew that there was a new show on colors since I saw a few avis here and there so decided lets watch it. I am definitely not disappointed for the first week. The first episode had me hooked.

I think Kunal actually does fit in his role. I haven't watched his previous shows so he is a new actor for me. Maybe the writer of this article was expecting the hero to be without a shirt running around completely wet or running to save a woman and the camera would focus on his awesome body. Wacko Then all the girls will come and say wow he has an awesome body and hence he is a good actor. Wacko ROFLMust say male television actors nowadays are known for their hawtness and the bollywood male actors are known for their item numbers. Acting ka toh naam hi koi nehi leta ajkal. Sabke sab race mein lage hai kaun hai hawt aur kaun hai item number Wacko What actually puts me off is it is a colors show. I mean there shows have been extremely pathetic for a long time now and the trend seems to be not changing at all. It is definitely worth watching but with extreme caution considering it is a colors show.

*nods*

I'm right there with you. After the LTL debacle, I have no faith in this channel. And this is one of the main reasons for my skepticism too, k this is a colors show. *apprehensive muh*

-Swetha-Keva

OodlesDoodles IF-Veteran Member
OodlesDoodles
OodlesDoodles

Posted: 14 January 2012 at 5:01pm | IP Logged
ReallyShocked I did watch a little of uttaran and a little of LTL till Dutta Bhau was Mishal and I did not mind the channel. I am hooked on to Parichay since the first episode and and so far surprisingly kta and colors seem to deliver in my book. Since all the channels are rethinking and shuffle out their shows I am sure colors cannot be far behind if they still want to be in the race.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

-Fivr- IF-Veteran Member
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 14 January 2012 at 5:20pm | IP Logged

ReallyShocked I did watch a little of uttaran and a little of LTL till Dutta Bhau was Mishal and I did not mind the channel. I am hooked on to Parichay since the first episode and and so far surprisingly kta and colors seem to deliver in my book. Since all the channels are rethinking and shuffle out their shows I am sure colors cannot be far behind if they still want to be in the race.

I can't say much about Uttaran at all because it's never appealed to me. But the LTL debacle actually happened after Mishal was replaced as Dutta in the show. I mean, it was an overnight fall from grace and it was all because of the channel and its interference in the show's script. Actor change kiya toh kiya, but then they messed around with the character graphs for EVERY character - and that had been something that had been maintained for a year and a half. Dead So it's just left a very bad taste in my mouth. Again, I haven't watched Parichay at all either.. But I've heard that it's garnered its own audience and I'm happy for it. I'm just severely skeptical about this channel. Lets see how it goes with Na Bole Tum... If the channel has learned from its mistakes, that's a good thing. But I am going to wait and watch until they give me proof of that.. LOL

Edited by -Fivr- - 14 January 2012 at 5:26pm

Keva

Keva Goldie
Keva
Keva

Posted: 14 January 2012 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Fivr-

My comments in red.

I can't say much about Uttaran at all because it's never appealed to me. Ditto Uttaran never appealed to me either I never watched it but heard it is not a good show at all. LOL  But the LTL debacle actually happened after Mishal was replaced as Dutta in the show. I mean, it was an overnight fall from grace and it was all because of the channel and its interference in the show's script. Actor change kiya toh kiya, but then they messed around with the character graphs for EVERY character - and that had been something that had been maintained for a year and a half. Dead So it's just left a very bad taste in my mouth. LTL after Mishal quit was damn ridiculous it was worst than watching an ekta kapoor show (I dislike ekta shows a lot. All a person has to say it is an ekta show and I never watch it). I had completely quit ekta's shows but after reading about LTL-2 all I can say ekta is definitely better. LOL Hey I even started watching ekta's shows bade achhe lagte hai and parichay. LOL I seriously never thought anybody could come up with the worst twists and turns other than ekta but OMG they definitely surprised me with LTL-2. Shocked Again, I haven't watched Parichay at all either.. Parichay has nothing new in it. It has the same recycled stuff from previous shows - brother died and then the older brother married the fiance of the dead brother you know the stuff that gets ratings and now I think they are on their way to falling in love. I quit Parichay when the brother died.  But I've heard that it's garnered its own audience and I'm happy for it.  I'm just severely skeptical about this channel. Lets see how it goes with Na Bole Tum... If the channel has learned from its mistakes, that's a good thing. But I am going to wait and watch until they give me proof of that.. LOL I highly doubt the channel has learned from past mistakes but hey lets give them a chance if they haven't learned then I guess we will move on just like we did with LTL. Smile

Edited by Keva - 14 January 2012 at 6:49pm

-Fivr-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2 Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index