Sharing my favorite breakfast omelet receipe.

DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey guys

I am new to this forum and this is my first post here. 😊

I am sharing with you all my favorite breakfast omelet recipe. This is my own recipe, tested and tried.

Ingredients:
  • 2 medium eggs
  • 1 tblsp full-fat milk
  • 1 tspn butter
  • 1/2 tspn salt
  • dash of pepper (as per your spice-o-meter)
  • 1/4 medium onion chopped
  • 1/4 medium tomato chopped (seed and pulp removed)
  • 1/4 tspn crushed green or red chillies
  • 2 tspn chopped green bell pepper
  • Colby-Jack cheese (optional)
  • 1 tblspn oil

Utensils:

• Non-stick pan
  • Non-metallic Spatula

Directions:

• Beat the eggs well
  • Add all the ingredients
  • Mix well with a whisk
  • Keep aside
  • In a hot pan, drizzle the oil
  • Pour in the egg mixture
  • Let simmer gently for 6-8 mins
  • Gently rotate the omelet every 2 mins
  • Fold in half with a spatula and serve

**If you may wish to add store-bought salsa, add two tblspns salsa to the omelet on one side, fold it, and let it cook for another 3 mins. While doing so, you may also add the shredded colby-jack cheese.

*** DO NOT ADD THE INGREDIENTS IN RED IF YOU WISH TO ADD SALSA.

I hope you enjoy my personal recipe and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. 😊

Regards,

Roshan

Edited by -Xaffron- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Live.Love.Laugh thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Sounds yum! :P. I've never tried putting cheese in omelettes! But I love cheese so it sounds tempting and delicious! My brothers been wanting to make an omelette for a fews day now, will definitely pass this recipe onto him! 

Thank you! :)
Edited by Live.Love.Laugh - 12 years ago
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Thank you. Please do try it and lemme know how it goes. ðŸ˜Š
I will post more recipes. 😊
^^ I tried it! :)

Not exactly the same way as you suggested.. And I took out some ingredients.. But it was similar, and it was nicee! :)

Ooh, and I didn't mix the cheese in with the other ingredients, I let one side cook, then flipped it over and put the grated cheese on that side.. So when it's all done, there's a cheese layer on the top! Try it, you may like it :)

DaddyMarvel thumbnail

Originally posted by: Live.Love.Laugh

^^ I tried it! :)

Not exactly the same way as you suggested.. And I took out some ingredients.. But it was similar, and it was nicee! :)

Ooh, and I didn't mix the cheese in with the other ingredients, I let one side cook, then flipped it over and put the grated cheese on that side.. So when it's all done, there's a cheese layer on the top! Try it, you may like it :)

Definitely yaar. That's what cooking is about. You learn from me, I learn from you. 😃

Thanks for your feedback. Do you suggest I should add black pepper with the cheese or after cooking the omelet and the cheese and all?

Originally posted by: -Desi-IFer-

Definitely yaar. That's what cooking is about. You learn from me, I learn from you. 😃

Thanks for your feedback. Do you suggest I should add black pepper with the cheese or after cooking the omelet and the cheese and all?

Umm, not too sure :$ Can't suggest cos I don't use or like black pepper lol. That was one of the ingredients I skipped! :P. My brother had his mixed in though.. Before the cheese, if that makes any sense? 
ElegantDrashti thumbnail

U R Awesome ... THANKS 😃
litty thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
thanks for sharing.i will try it
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -Xaffron-

DEFINITELY after.
I love using black pepper, but after many experiences, i've realized that adding it WHILE cooking can be a bad idea, can be a bit tough on the tummy as well

using it as a garnish is always a good idea, and the freshness of the spicy taste remains.

Nice recipe!
CHMali thumbnail
Thanx 4 the recipe!! ^_^Edited by CHMali - 11 years ago