Originally posted by sreevask
Its a good start for mohan to check the quality of materials..
There are other factors that lead to such catastrophe..
(1) designs are to b rechecked @ some iit.
(2) construction program(schedule of activities...in relation to whether proper curing has been done or not,prior to placement & next casting of decks...etc)
(3) the form work(supporting structure while casting/placing of slab panels)had bn properly braced or not..
(4) test reports of concrete slabs(whether they meet compressive strength requirements or not)
(5) collapsed samples might reveal whether the steel placed is as per the drawings or not..
(6) bridge piers(columns) must b redesigned for the actual load bearing capacity of the soil
(7) check whether a seismic activity was there on that date from geological survey department..
(8) water logging in the locality might also have affected the load bearing capacity of the soil.
(9) apart from the contractor side the prime accountability lies with the clientside...the in charge of the project on behalf of government should check all these as he/she is responsible for quality of the work...
(10) whether the site engineer's role is there or not...(that will b decided after investigation only) he must b immediately paid the compensation as per the work man's compensation act
@Bold: these points should have already been checked, i think, while charge of using low quality material being used in the construction was made.
In the last episode, he checked the material used in mahananda flyover and also another recent sample from same dinanath's construction work. Only the Flyover material turned out to be bad. Now i think they have to prove that amar didn't not really order or pass the bad quality material.
I don't know what all responsibilities Amar would have had in his position as the engineer there.
Is there some way that they can prove that Amar was not involved as mohan got some signed evidences showing that Amar approved or bought those bad quality materials. How can this be proven that amar did not do it?