Mythological Masti

* \|/ Games of the Yuga: SOC \|/ * (Page 94)

Post Reply New Post

Page 94 of 130

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 24 September 2012 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
Yes. Sureshwaraacharya of Sringeri mutt/math. Good to see now the movement of the thread towards Bhakti movement from Mythological stories.Big smile

Narsinha Mehta wrote his literature in Gujarati. He lived in the 15th Century. I also edited my previous post mentioning about his Rasleela darshan. The famous 'Vaishnav jan to tene re kahiye je peer parayi jane re' loved by Gandhiji and sung by Lata Mangeshkar is written by him.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 24 September 2012 at 11:58pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya.Vrish.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "* \|/ Games of the Yuga: SOC \|/ * (Page 94)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 25 September 2012 at 3:48am | IP Logged
Oh I didn't know that Vaishnava Jana Toh... was composed by Narasimha Mehta. I've learnt a bhajan written by him -"Narayana Namu"... something like that . Forgotten the exact words. I have look up my notebooks. 

Anyway your answer to my question was correct (super easy tha na? ). So next question / questioner  yours...

DebipriyaShivangBuch

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 27 September 2012 at 12:06am | IP Logged

Find the odd one out:

Sarag Narak Anurag Biraga...5th Choupai (2nd line) after 5th Doha Balkand i.e. 1.5.5
Hansahi Bak Dadur Chatakahi...1st Choupai (2nd line) after 8th Doha Balkand i.e. 1.8.1
Siya Nindak Agh Ogh Nasaye...2nd Choupai (1st line) after 15th Doha Balkand i.e. 1.15.2
Taraku asur bhayau tehi kala...3rd Choupai (1st line) after 81st Doha Balkand i.e. 1.81.3
Kartal BaaN Dhanush Ati Soha...4th Choupai (2nd line) after 203rd Doha Balkand i.e. 1.203.4

Edited by ShivangBuch - 27 September 2012 at 12:17am

SahasranamaMDebipriya

SahasranamaM

Groupbie

SahasranamaM

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 12:26am | IP Logged
No one available..?
One Q from Shivang has made the thread stand still.!LOL
Shivangji..Now I feel there is only 1 person who can answer this Q..and that is u..! Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuchvaraali

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 10 October 2012 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Ha ha ha. And I thought people have forgotten this thread and not seen my post.LOL Answer is there in the question itself. The logic is hidden in the question itself. Very very simple. Just read the lines and words of the lines carefully that's it. No need to open the book of RCM to understand the Choupais. And there are three logics and all the three logics have the same answer. There is one more different answer possible though that is not my answer.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 10 October 2012 at 2:37pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 11 October 2012 at 11:35am | IP Logged
^^^ NO idea Shivang. ...Absolutely no idea. Book bhi khol ke dekha, tried to understand the meanings...but don't know which one is odd. 

Answer bata hi do.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 11 October 2012 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
Oops!!!! Tab to mar gaye... Helmet aur shield le kar laptop ke samne baithna padega... Get ready with your tomatoes!!!!LOLLOL   LOL

Okk. My answer is Tarakasur...

Sarag Narak Anurag Biraga...5th Choupai (2nd line) after 5th Doha Balkand i.e. 1.5.5
Hansahi Bak Dadur Chatakahi...1st Choupai (2nd line) after 8th Doha Balkand i.e. 1.8.1
Siya Nindak Agh Ogh Nasaye...2nd Choupai (1st line) after 15th Doha Balkand i.e. 1.15.2
Taraku asur bhayau tehi kala...3rd Choupai (1st line) after 81st Doha Balkand i.e. 1.81.3
Kartal BaaN Dhanush Ati Soha...4th Choupai (2nd line) after 203rd Doha Balkand i.e. 1.203.4

First of all please observe and note that each line in the question has the word which is also the name of one asur in our mythos:

1st line - Narak
2nd line - Bak
3rd line - Agh
4th line - Taraku (that's Tulsidasji's ascent in Avadhi) asur
5th line - BaaN

Logic 1 - All the asurs other than Tarakasur were killed or defeated by Krishna.
Logic 2 - Tarakasur is the only demon in the list whose death was the main aim of the birth of his killer.
Logic 3 (which actually was my 1st original logic LOL)- Tarakasur is the only demon in the list whose meaning by Tulsidasji in the above listed Choupais in RCM is that demon himself. In the first line, the reference of Tulsidasji is not of Narakasur but Narak the hell. In the second line of my question, in the Choupai, Tulsidasji is referring to Bak the bird and not Bak the asur in the form of that bird. In the third line Tulsidasji is referring to Agh meaning of which is sin and not Aghasur. In the fourth line (our answer), the word Tarak/Taraku actually means Tarakasur only. In the fifth line, Tulsi means to say BaaN to be the arrow/arrows.

The other alternative answer could be: BaaN

BaaNaasur is the only one among the five in the list who was not killed by Krishna/Kartikeya but only defeated and ego destroyed (However, I think the serial SK showed that he was killed if I am not wrong - I think Vrish would be knowing this better than me since I have watched and like SK only upto Dwarika nirman and then Sudama episodes).

Edited by ShivangBuch - 11 October 2012 at 1:31pm

SahasranamaMDebipriya.Vrish.

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 11 October 2012 at 10:16pm | IP Logged
Saadar Pranaam, Shivang...LOL 

Very intelligent...to frame such a question...It seems so obvious once you've explained it...

I guess anyone can set the next question- you or Shasranamam. (Where has Vrish suddenly disappeared? )

DebipriyaShivangBuch.Vrish.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top