Mythological Masti

* \|/ Games of the Yuga: SOC \|/ * (Page 93)

Post Reply New Post

Page 93 of 131

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 23 September 2012 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

That was a brilliant question Clap

String this sequence:

Kartikeya, Saraswati, _______, Lakshmi, Ganesh

Ma Durga / Mahishasura Mardini

The sequence in which the idols are placed in a Durga Puja Pandal. Though if I remember correctly, Kartikeya and Saraswati are to Durga's left, and Lakshmi and Ganesh to Durga's right.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SahasranamaMDebipriyaShivangBuch.Vrish.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "* \|/ Games of the Yuga: SOC \|/ * (Page 93)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 23 September 2012 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
As regards  Narayan being considered Parvati's brother, I am not sure how it originated, but Tamil literature is replete with instances where Paravti is called Narayan's sister.

In the case of Meenakshi's kalyanam, since her earthly father, Malayadhwaja was no longer alive, it was Vishnu who did the kanyadan of Devi Meenakshi. The picture of the trio is very common -Meenakshi in the centre flanked on both sides by Shiva and Vishnu while Vishnu is pouring water over Meenakshi's hands.

Moreover, in  Tamil literature it is common to refer to Murugan as 'Tirumaal Marugan' meaning- the nephew (specifically- sister's son) of Vishnu.

Both PArvati and Narayan are dark complexioned

Edited by varaali - 23 September 2012 at 10:59pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SahasranamaMDebipriyaShivangBuch.Vrish.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 23 September 2012 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
Varaali

You again get to pick the next questioner.  Yeah, I was listing them from the direction in which one sees them, from left onwards, rather than from the POV of the idols themselves

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 23 September 2012 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
Give me some time I will come up with a question- unless some one has a question ready.

OK- anyone can ask the next question. Can't think of anything at the moment

Edited by varaali - 24 September 2012 at 12:15am

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 24 September 2012 at 12:27am | IP Logged
A simple question of Odd one:

Meerabai, Narsinha Mehta, Tulsidas, Shankaracharya, Eknath, Tukaram, Dhyaneshwar

Edited by ShivangBuch - 24 September 2012 at 12:27am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyavaraali.Vrish.

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 24 September 2012 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ShivangBuch

A simple question of Odd one:

Meerabai, Narsinha Mehta, Tulsidas, Shankaracharya, Eknath, Tukaram, Dhyaneshwar

OK let me guess. My answer is Adi Shankaracharya.

I don't know about Narsinha Mehta, but the others, except Shankaracharya had a particular chosen God, an ishta dev.  Meerabai's was Krishna, Tulsidas' was Rama, Eknath, Dhyaneshwar and Tukaram were Vithoba devotees.

Shankaracharya was not partial to any one God. What he propounded was a philosophy- a school of thought- the advaita. 

DebipriyaShivangBuch.Vrish.

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 24 September 2012 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
Correct. 100% same answer which was there in my mind. Narsinha Mehta was devotee of Lord Krishna and like Meerabai is known in Maarvaad Rajasthan, Narsinha Mehta is known by even kids in Gujarat. We used to have always 1st poem of the text book of Narsinha Mehta in our standards of school and the second poem generally of Meerabai. There are stories of miracles happened in Narsinha Mehta's life. It is also said that he saw entire Maharasleela and was so engrossed in it that the Mashaal that he was holding in his hand burnt his entire hand still he was completely unaware of it.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 24 September 2012 at 11:27pm

Debipriyavaraali.Vrish.

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 24 September 2012 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
Narsinha Mehta must have been pretty recent isn't it?  And he wrote in Hindi / Sanskrit or Gujarati?

Ok here's my question

String the Sequence:

Totakacharya, Hastamalakacharya, Padmapada,  ______________

Straight forward and easy.

DebipriyaShivangBuch.Vrish.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top