Mythological Masti

* \|/ Games of the Yuga: SOC \|/ * (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 131

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 13 January 2012 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
I'll give it to you, since no one else has answered.  But there are @ least 2 paths w/ fewer points.  Maybe I could have hinted - go the Kaurava route instead of the Pandavas.

Kritavarma - Charumati - 2 pts (bahu)
Charumati - Samba - 2 pts (half-sibling)
Samba - Lakshmanaa - 1 pt (spouse)
Lakshmanaa - Duhshala - 2 pts (bua)
Duhshala - Jayadrath - 1 pt (spouse)

Total - 8 pts

Another route:

Kritavarma - Charumati - 2 pts (bahu)
Charumati - Samba - 2 pts (half-sibling)
Samba - Duryodhan - 2 pts (damaat/sasur)
Duryodhan - Jayadrath - 2 pts (shala/jija)

Yet another route - Kritavarma to Krishna, & Krishna to Duryodhan - both samdhis - and then Duryodhan to Jayadrath - will still give you 8 pts.

Anyway, next question is yours, Varaali!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11ShivangBuchvaraali

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "* \|/ Games of the Yuga: SOC \|/ * (Page 7)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 14 January 2012 at 2:08am | IP Logged
Not able to think of anything...Field open to anyone ...

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 14 January 2012 at 3:33am | IP Logged
Okk find the odd one out:

Krishna, Arjun, Vrikodar, BhArat, Vijay

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 14 January 2012 at 5:38am | IP Logged
Vijay is the name of Karna's bow.  The others were all people (Vrikodara being Bhima)

If this is correct, anyone else can ask the next question, since I don't have one in mind right now.

ShivangBuch

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 14 January 2012 at 5:57am | IP Logged
You are correct. But still think. The answer which I thought was different. Vijay is also the name of mythological character/characters. I will add one more option and will cut one option later to make it easier to crack.

And one more thing Vrish. There was no need to connect Shukracharya with Shukdevji through Yaduvansh and Kunti. We could have gone through Puruvansh only and also not upto Pandu (Like I found problem of going from Pandu to Shukdev considering Vichitravirya and Vyas both as his father in the same answer). I could stop at Shantanu only.LOL 

Shukracharya-Yayati-Shantanu-Vyas-Shukdev (5 degrees).

One more thing came to my mind Vrish as suggestion. Please add one more rule that we can't use the relation of Ascendant-Descendant more than once in an answer. Suppose if you tell me to relate Krishna with Dushasan and if I say - Krishna-Yayati (Krishna's ascendant)-Dushasan (Yayati's descendant) to better a great answer of someone else, that would be too funny and unfair attempt and will kill the game because that way any two characters can be connected just in 2 degrees by going back upto Manu or Vivaswan or Prajapati and coming back down. Or we can have a rule that we can use ascendant-ascendant more than once or descendant-descendant more than once in an answer but can't use both ascendant and descendant in the same answer. For example we can connect Shursen with Janmejay by using descendant twice (Once Shursen to Subhadra and once Subhadra to Janmejay to be her great  grandchid).

And yes. I also thought the same as you and Varaali both thought but just asked about Kunti being a married female and changing family. But logically even according to me, Kunti has to be considered descendant of Yadu because she can't be considered as descendant of Puru even after the marriage in Puruvansh. We have to link her with Puru through Pandu only.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 14 January 2012 at 10:36pm

.Vrish.

Urmila11

Urmila11

Posted: 14 January 2012 at 6:12am | IP Logged
Bharat is character of Ramayan, others are connected with Mahabharat (Vijay is Arjun's pseudo name while in aggyatavaas).
I think I'm wrong completely LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch.Vrish.

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 14 January 2012 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Bharat is also a character of Mahabharat and Vijay is also a mythological character connected to both the story characters i.e. of Treta and Dwapar. 

But you are extremely close with your current thinking. Read the spellings carefully Sema.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 14 January 2012 at 6:23am

Urmila11

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 14 January 2012 at 6:49am | IP Logged
The answer is Krishna

Others are Pandavas. 

Vrikodra is Bhima. BhArat and Vijay are two other names of Arjuna

@  Urmila11- Arjun's name during Agyatvaas was Brihannala. 

Edited by varaali - 14 January 2012 at 6:50am

ShivangBuch

Post Reply New Post

Go to top