Mythological Masti

* \|/ Games of the Yuga: SOC \|/ * (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 131

Debipriya

Debipriya

Posted: 12 January 2012 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
Ok, this one is again Find the Odd One Out Smile :-

Renuka, Mayadevi, Uttara, Aditi, Satyavati.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuchRadhikerani

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "* \|/ Games of the Yuga: SOC \|/ * (Page 4)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 12 January 2012 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Renuka?

Sons of all others were either kings or princes:

Mayadevi - Siddharth
Uttaraa - Parikshit
Aditi - Indra
Satyavati - Chitrangad/Vichitravirya

Renuka's son Parshuram was a sage and his all other brothers were also Brahmins.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 January 2012 at 11:40pm

DebipriyaRadhikerani

Debipriya

Debipriya

Posted: 12 January 2012 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
 @ Shivang, Very nice! Star  

But I had some other logic in my mind... 

So, we can still have other replies WRT this qs.Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 13 January 2012 at 12:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ShivangBuch

Perfect. You seem to have hit the birdie. Now let's analyse whether your answer is at par with my answer or better than that. If it is better than that, then you can set your next question right away as per rules otherwise we will have to give 6 (Par) or 12 (More than par) hours to others to better it.

Your answer

Shukracharya ====> Devyani (Shukracharya's daughter) (1 degree)
Devyani ====> Yadu (Devyani's son) (1 degree)
Yadu ====> Krishna (Yadu's descendant) (1 degree)
Krishna ====> Vyas (Vishnu's other incarnation) (1 degree)
Vyas ====> Shukdev (Vyas's son) (1 degree)

So you have connected both with 5 degrees of separation.Clap

Now the answer in my mind was:

Shukracharya ====> Devyani (Shukracharya's daughter) (1 degree)
Devyani ====> Yayati (Devyani's husband) (1 degree)
Yayati ====> Kunti (Yayati's descendant) (1 degree)
Kunti ====> Vyas (Kunti's father in law) (2 degrees)
Vyas ====> Shukdev (Vyas's son) (1 degree)

So par score was 6 degrees. You have exactly hit the birdie.Clap Your turn. Go ahead without waiting.

Vrish correct me if Kunti being a married daughter can't be put as Yayati's descendant. Then it will add one more degree for connecting Kunti with Vasudev.

Shivang

I was unaware of Kunti being directly descendent from Yayati, but if she was, that's a valid relationship.  Just like Draupadi would still be a grand-daughter of Prishatha, or Subhadra would still be a grand-daughter of Raja Shurasen.

What I was unaware of was the school of thought that has Vishnu w/ several more avatars than just the original 10, which is the only way Varaali's answer of Vyasa being a parallel avatar of Krishna & Balarama would be correct.  Should we allow just the 10 avatars of Vishnu plus Mohini, or all the (I forget how many extended incarnations Vishnu is said to have had?) other ones as well?  And if we go w/ just 10, do we include Buddha in that, or no?  I'm okay w/ Varaali's answer being declared correct for now, I just wanted to know what will be allowed, and what won't.

Edited by .Vrish. - 13 January 2012 at 12:05am

ShivangBuchvaraali

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 13 January 2012 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Uttaraa.

All others were mothers of Vishnu's incarnations.

Renuka - Parshuram
Mayadevi - Buddha
Aditi - Vaaman
Satyavati - Krishna Dwaipayan Vyas

The previous answer was anyhow not better than this because of the word OR in between king and prince. Indra was never prince and Siddharth never became king.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 13 January 2012 at 12:12am

Debipriya

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 13 January 2012 at 12:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Debipriya

Ok, this one is again Find the Odd One Out Smile :-

Renuka, Mayadevi, Uttara, Aditi, Satyavati.

Satyavati

Satyavati was the only daughter of a fisherman - the others were all princesses - forget the names of Renuka's & Mayadevi's fathers, but Uttara's father was Virata and Aditi's Daksha

Shivang's answer above still begs my question in the above post - can Vyasa be counted as a Vishnu avatar?

Edited by .Vrish. - 13 January 2012 at 12:17am

DebipriyaShivangBuch

Debipriya

Debipriya

Posted: 13 January 2012 at 12:46am | IP Logged
@ Shivang, Yes, that was my original logic!!! Clap   So, your turn next  Smile

@ Vrish, Nice try Smile. But as you can understand, I took the concept of 'Vishnu's avtaars' as my logic for connecting these characters.

Yes, those info were also new to me before knowing about SB, which mentions more than 20 avtaars of Vishnu thr't the whole text. As the 'Rules' post does not have any point mentioning whether to include them (relatively lesser known Avtaars of Vishnu from SB)  in our game Thread or not, so I decided to include them here.  

ShivangBuch

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 13 January 2012 at 1:19am | IP Logged
Yes Vrish. Vyas is considered one of 24 incarnations of Vishnu not out of 10 major (or source differences - and we have no restriction on any mythological sources). Balram is Vishnu's incarnation out of those 24 but whether you connect him with Krishna as brother or as incarnation, it doesn't make any difference (1 degree in both cases). In Vyas's case, it does make the difference but for logical consistency, IMO, we have to allow it. That's why I also gave Varaali's answer correct despite I connected Shukdev and Shukracharya through Vasudev and not through Krishna. Another connection came to my mind with the score par with Varaali's answer but that was only after her answer and after declaring her winner on the spot:

Shukracharya ====> Yayati (Son in law 2 degrees)
Yayati ====> Pandu (Descendant through Puru-----Vichitravirya 1 degree)
Pandu ====> Shukdev (Half brother 2 degrees)

But the above answer would have been invalid because in the same answer, we can't have Vyas and Vichitravirya both as fathers of Pandu.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 13 January 2012 at 2:21am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top