Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2

TOI: Check out some TV siblings-Jay/Nirav

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Check out some of TV siblings

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | Jan 11, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Sasural Genda Phool|Roshni Chopra|Maine|Jay Soni|Friends
Roshni Chopra
TOI presents some real life siblings who are ruling the airwaves currently and finds out what makes them tick on screen and off it too! 

Competition is the word that can easily define the television industry which is just as volatile as it can get. And to face all of that alone might be a tough task at hand, but some get lucky. The likes of Rajev and Rakesh Paul, Nigar and Gauhar Khan, Ronit and Rohit Roy, who have been in the industry for long have enjoyed the love and support of their siblings being in the same field. Call it a coincidence or a developing trend, there are many more entering this volatile world and making it big. 

AWESOME TWOSOME Mohit and Himmanshoo Malhotra, brothers in arms are entertainers who enjoy their craft. From Splitsvilla to Mitwa and now in Bade Achche Lagte Hai Mohit has now carved a niche for himself. It was Himmanshoo (who was seen in Aapki Antara, Seven and Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer) who passed on the acting bug to him. "It's good to have your elders in the industry as they can always share their experiences and give better ideas in planning one's future. Personally, I'm not at all competitive. I'd rather look up to him than be competitive. We belong to the same industry because of our talents and as long as we do different genres there isn't going to be much competition at home either," laughs Mohit. 

HOT AND SIZZLING Roshni Chopra was the much hated Pia from Kasamh Se and then she made headlines when she won Dil Jeetegi Desi Girl. Apart from hosting shows and being part of shows Pyaar Mein Twist, she made her big screen debut in Phhir and Let's Enjoy. After tasting success in shows like Love Story, Left Right Left, Na Aana Is Des Laado, Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya, Mrs. Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahuein and Parichay, Roshni's little sister Deeya is now a face that most telly viewers would know. Though both sisters have been there in the telly industry for a long time, Roshni's the better known of the two. Laughs Deeya, "Neither of us is jealous of the other. Both of us are doing good work. Neither of us dreamt of becoming actors, all this happened just by chance. I am the biggest fan as well as critic of Roshni. We are also bestFriends who live in the same house. Roshni is like a proud mom and is very protective of me." 

Friends first Two siblings who got the chance to work in the same show but missed the opportunity are Riddhi and Akshay Dogra. Riddhi who started as a co-producer has done TV shows like Hindi Hai Hum, Seven, Laagi Tujhse Lagan and Maryaada... Lekin Kab Tak? Bro Akshay did 12/24 Karol Bagh, Kasturi and is currently part of Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Akshay who is also preparing for his play Apples and Walnuts wants to work behind the camera - he has been an executive producer and has worked as an associate director to Deepak Tijori in his movies. "Riddhi is an independent girl who enjoys her own space. We don't rule each other's life. We are friends and share things in general and I don't interference in her work. We do give suggestions and advice sometimes to each other but we take our own decisions," shares Akshay. 

DANCE DIVAS Shakti and Mukti Mohan stole everyone's hearts with their awesome performances and remarkable dance moves. Shakti came into limelight when she won Dance India Dance (season 2). She later went on to do the title song of Tees Maar Khan and is now the female lead on the daily soap Dil Dosti Dance. Meanwhile Mukti sizzled in Zara Nachke Dikha and Comedy Circus. She also shook her leg in an item number in Sahib, Biwi aur Gangster and did two videos with Euphoria. "Comparisons are inevitable if siblings are in the same profession, but healthy competition is important. It makes you learn a lot," says Mukti. 

Bhai ho to aisa Jay Soni who's playing the male lead in Sasural Genda Phool, now faces new competition in the industry from little brother Nirav who's going to play a biggish role in Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha. While it might appear as if Nirav's following his brother's footsteps, Nirav has already done shows like Dhoom Machao Dhoom, Jersy No. 10. Gushes Nirav who returns to TV after a study break, "Jay is a great learning and motivating factor. He gives me tips on clothes, dialogues and how I should carry myself."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters