Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

*Smthin_Clld_Luv*Nov3_Updt_p146*Jaane Kya Baat Hui (Page 60)

Post Reply New Post

Page 60 of 150

achiever

IF-Dazzler

achiever

Posted: 12 June 2012 at 6:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ssktlk

Thanks for the pm, lovely update, cute, romantic, interesting, heartfelt, everything together. Can't wait for the next one.

aww.. thnx so much.. next one is interesting chapter with Ashu-Mallu high voltage show down!

a lot will b revealed abt Ashu-Mallu f'ship  and it mite become a longer chapter thn i expected!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*Smthin_Clld_Luv*Nov3_Updt_p146*Jaane Kya Baat Hui (Page 60)" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Pooja_0910

Pooja_0910

Posted: 12 June 2012 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Hey it was SWEETupdate...oh Ashu comes Nidhi's house at night..ohh...but he came there coz he was worried for Nidhi...the whole scenes between AshNi was good..Nidhi such naughty girl she teased him in his way...
But in Ashu's absense Mallika suspend Nidhi...Ashu ko jis bat ka dar tha wahi ho gaya...eagerly waiting for next...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

achiever

achiever

IF-Dazzler

achiever

Posted: 13 June 2012 at 12:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Poojapange

Hey it was SWEETupdate...oh Ashu comes Nidhi's house at night..ohh...but he came there coz he was worried for Nidhi...the whole scenes between AshNi was good..Nidhi such naughty girl she teased him in his way...
But in Ashu's absense Mallika suspend Nidhi...Ashu ko jis bat ka dar tha wahi ho gaya...eagerly waiting for next...

thnx so much.. yeah.. a naughty and Bold Nidhi is too dangerous for Ashu!LOL..  She learns quick doesnt she!LOL

my Ashu is not mallu ma's boy!Embarrassed.. Mallu is gonna get taste of her own bitter medicine!Big smile

Pooja_0910

Pooja_0910

Pooja_0910

Posted: 13 June 2012 at 4:14am | IP Logged
thnx so much.. yeah.. a naughty and Bold Nidhi is too dangerous for Ashu!LOL.. She learns quick doesnt she!LOL[/DIV]

[DIV]my Ashu is not mallu ma's boy!Embarrassed.. Mallu is gonna get taste of her own bitter medicine!
Yeah thats why i love ur FF..Here Ashu is more caring loving romantic person..he respects his friendship with mallika but doesn't mean he can tolerate her forgive her what she have done or would done...I loved this Ashu...

achiever

achiever

IF-Dazzler

achiever

Posted: 13 June 2012 at 4:43am | IP Logged

thnx so much.. yeah.. a naughty and Bold Nidhi is too dangerous for Ashu!LOL.. She learns quick doesnt she!LOL[/DIV]

[DIV]my Ashu is not mallu ma's boy!Embarrassed.. Mallu is gonna get taste of her own bitter medicine!
Yeah thats why i love ur FF..Here Ashu is more caring loving romantic person..he respects his friendship with mallika but doesn't mean he can tolerate her forgive her what she have done or would done...I loved this Ashu...

earlier i had planned a short brief plot on Mallu-Ashu fr'ship. bt i wasnt satisfied with it especially considering Ashu's character.. I had to reason out the break up of his f'shp with Mallu..  and in this process v will c yet another unseen facet of Ashu's complex and layered personality..

wat i luv abt this ashu is he knows his flaws.. bt he is a quick learner and he knows how to use his vices to benefit himself and others..Embarrassed

so i m giving a more chapter to Ashu-Mallu story.. bt how it strengthens Ashu-Nidhi bond is something interesting to read!  of course i m going to incorporate cute Ashu-Nidhi moments.!Embarrassed

My Ashu will emerge winner both as a true friend and a faithful lover!Thumbs UpEmbarrassed.. inspite of ugly Ashu-Mallu showdown!Embarrassed

ritu3kumar

ritu3kumar

ritu3kumar

Posted: 13 June 2012 at 5:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by achiever

earlier i had planned a short brief plot on Mallu-Ashu fr'ship. bt i wasnt satisfied with it especially considering Ashu's character.. I had to reason out the break up of his f'shp with Mallu..  and in this process v will c yet another unseen facet of Ashu's complex and layered personality..

wat i luv abt this ashu is he knows his flaws.. bt he is a quick learner and he knows how to use his vices to benefit himself and others..Embarrassed

so i m giving a more chapter to Ashu-Mallu story.. bt how it strengthens Ashu-Nidhi bond is something interesting to read!  of course i m going to incorporate cute Ashu-Nidhi moments.!Embarrassed

My Ashu will emerge winner both as a true friend and a faithful lover!Thumbs UpEmbarrassed.. inspite of ugly Ashu-Mallu showdown!Embarrassed

that y i love ur ashu . he is the best.Thumbs Up

achiever

priya_m5

priya_m5

Posted: 14 June 2012 at 1:33am | IP Logged

Eagerly waiting for next chapter...

achiever

IF-Dazzler

achiever

Posted: 14 June 2012 at 2:37am | IP Logged
****For all the previous chapters.. refer index on pg 1..*********

***Note:  Sorry for making Ashu-Mallu story too long.. and keep u waiting for the convention epi.. bt i wasnt satisfied with my earlier story.. which had quite a brief of role of Mallu.. bt i felt thr story wud bring out a new layer of Ashu's personality.. also Mallu had played an important role in Ashu's past so i felt via her I can shed more light on Ashu's past and the circumstances tht brot pain and sorrow in his life.. and y he became wat he became b4 Nidhi entered his life.. hope u wud find it intrsting and logical!******

Chapter 26:  Mallu Vs Ashu-Nidhi

The Precap:

"wat?" cried Dr. Ashutosh.  He was unable to believe it!  How can Mallika even do this without his consent.  She was acting on his behalf and her rights were limited!  "Dr. Ashutosh.. Dr. Nidhi didn't follow Dr. Mallika's treatment instructions for a critical patient that was jst admitted"  "but Dr. Nidhi was under Dr. Mehta!" "yes.. bt Dr. Mehta was on an on-call emergency duty and Dr. Mallika reassigned Dr. Nidhi back under her!"  Dr. Ashutosh ran a frustrated hand thru his hair.  "so wat happened?"enquired he.  "as I told u Dr. Nidhi didn't concur with Dr. Mallika's diagnosis and line of treatment, she simply didn't comply with her instructions and went on with her own line of treatment!"  "Oh Nidhi!" he cudnt help himself cry in dismay!  "Yeah.. its pretty pretty bad for Dr. Nidhi!.. Its not acceptable of an intern and this time, Dr. Mallika is rite and we cannot possibly challenge her suspension!  And I am afraid she is not gonna rest at tht she will surely take this matter up to the management pretty soon!"  "I am afraid.. Dr. Rangnath.. I am afraid!" he shook his head frustratingly!  Wat has Nidhi done!  He thot Mallika wud do something wrong bt its Nidhi who has brot it upon herself!  How was he even gonna save her!

He called up Nidhi immediately!  "Nidhi!" cried he.  "I.. I am sorry!" she replied hesitatingly.  "Nidhi.. u know the duties of interns.. u cannot go against ur doctor.. u r supposed to jst assist and follow orders?. u r not entitled to treat on ur own accord!... how can u not know tht!"  He shout out at her in a single breath.  "I know my duties Dr. Ashutosh" Nidhi replied firmly.  "Nidhi.. thn y didn't u act accordingly!" "because it was wrong!"  "who r u to judge tht!"  "I am a doctor too!"  "bt u r inexperienced and thts y u r an intern and not a practicing doctor yet!" he cried.  He cudnt believe she was arguing back with him on such a serious matter too!  He was getting impatient and angry on her!  "so u don't believe in me?" she retorted.  "Nidhi its not matter of trust its matter of following the rules.. u gave Dr. Mallika a chance to impeach u!"   "I don't care!"  "Oh hell u don't..!" he cudnt control his anger this time!  "Y Dr. Ashutosh.. is there anything more important thn a patient's life?"  "Nidhi u r not to decide tht!"  "Y not?  She had got the diagnosis completely wrong!" "how can u say tht?"  "because I am supposed to assist my doctor.. and I m supposed to observe, study, and infer on my own too!" "u cud've discussed with her..!" "I did.. she jst didn't want to listen!" "Oh Nidhi!" he cried helplessly,"Nidhi.. whatever the situation was .. u shudnt have acted tht way!" "really??" anger now clearly rising in Nidhi's voice.  She never thot Dr. Ashutosh wudnt support her!  "fine.. I wud stand by how I have acted.. I did wat I felt was the rite thing to do.. and I need no support from anyone!" she answered back!  "Nidhi will u stop acting like tht.. do u even realize wat soup u r into?" he said angrily.  "whatever I m into, I will tackle on my own.."  "thr u go again.. tackle on my own.. oh yeah.. Hell? I dare u do tht!"  Suddenly his raised voice had turned pretty low and deceptively calm.. and she knew how deceptive it was.. he was pretty angry and his words had a menacing undertone!  She kept mum.. her instincts told her wen he was tht angry it wasn't prudent to act stubborn!  There was a brief moment of silence betn thm as he paced heavily in the corridor trying to cool off!

"hows the patient?" he asked after a while.  "wen I left thr was no improvement.. in fact he had worsened slightly!" she replied.  He jst nodded his head in dismay!  "I am taking the nxt available flight and coming down to Lucknow!" he informed her.  "Nooo.. u cannot do tht.. u have to present ur research paper in the evening!" she cried.  He didn't answer!  "Pleaaaseee!"she cried again. "I have more important issue at hand!" he answered dryly.  "I? I will talk to Dr. Mallika.. I will ask for her pardon.. I will say her sorry!" she pleaded in a low voice.  "No" he replied firmly making his way back to his hotel room.  "Please.. this research seminar is really important for u.. please don't miss it.. I will do anything I can to make amends with Dr. Mallika.. really!.. I? I will try and talk her out of my suspension really.. I will try and convince her abt the diagnosis somehow.. I will .. do something.. anything...really.." she cried.  "No.. Nidhi.. U will not do any such thing and u r definitely not going to say sorry!  I believe u bt I will need to substantiate tht and for tht I will have check on the patient myself ASAP and make sure.." his voice suddenly turned low,"and make sure tht the patient remains alive!"  The graveness of her situation dawned upon her suddenly.  Wen the patient had been admitted, he was already in critical state and his condition had actually worsened a bit after her treatment and God knows wat line of treatment he was undergoing now   and shud he not make it, she was the one who wud b put in the guilty box..no matter wat!  "Nidhi.. don't worry.. I will look into the matter.. I don't think ur diagnosis wud have been wrong.." he said tenderly. "how can u believe in me?" she started in a worried tone but he cut her.. "Shush.. Nidhi.. I will need to hang up and make some urgent calls.. shud I call u back?" "hmm?"  "fine.. have rest and don't stress urself much.. okay?"  "yeah.." replied she and he hung up.

He promptly called up Dr. Rangnath, who briefed him up abt the patient's admitting history, condition on admission, and diagnoses inferred by both Dr. Mallika and Dr. Nidhi and his current condition.  He thn removed Dr. Mallika and asked Dr. Joshi to take the patient under his care, examine him afresh, and instructed him to keep him apprised.  When he reached hospital late in the evening, an infuriated Mallika had barged into his cabin.  "How can u do this Dr. Ashutosh?" she barked.  "I did wat I was supposed to do Dr. Mallika"replied he  "really.. how can u overrule my diagnosis.. u removed me from my patient's care.. and tht too for an intern!  its insulting!" she literally shouted. "its not matter of personal grudges Dr. Mallika.. its matter of a patient's life!"  "Really.. and u think I will believe tht!"  "It doesn't matter wether u believe it or not.. I am doing my duty!"  Dr. Mallika jst glared at him infuriating.  "Now will u please excuse me.. I have a meeting with Dr. Joshi who is taking care of tht patient.. Dr. Mallika" and she jst stomped out of his cabin in a huff and Dr. Joshi and Dr. Rangnath walked in.

After 30 minutes, he heard a knock at his door.  It was Nidhi.  "Hi" she greeted him in a low voice.  He nodded and motioned her to sit down.  "hows the patient?" she asked fearing for worst!  He nodded his head,"Thrs no improvement.." He sighed.  She looked at him questioningly.  "Ur diagnosis was right.. Dr. Joshi came up with the same diagnosis..and ur line of treatment was appropriate.. bt"   Nidhi sighed,"but the patient is not improving?"  "His prognosis was already poor.. and this.. this.. has resulted in worsening of his situation.. his frail body was unable to bear the sudden changes in line of treatment..his condition is critical and our hospital is partly responsible for it"  He sighed heavily.  "Nidhi its not good.. Mallika has never blundered earlier!" he said with concern.  "I don't know.. really.. y she didn't heed to my inference.. it was all so obvious.. its hard to believe a doctor like Mallika cud do tht bt I cudnt jst possibly stand there and do nothing!" explained Nidhi.  He jst sighed and played with his pen.  They heard a knock and Dr. Mallika entered.  She spotted Nidhi and stopped at the door.  "Please come in Dr. Mallika.. I need to talk to u.. " asked Dr. Ashutosh.  She looked at Nidhi and hesitated.  "I need to talk to u both" he requested her calmly.  She took the seat beside Nidhi and gulped down her bruised pride.  She had been humiliated.  One, she had been removed from a patient's care under suspicion of wrong diagnosis and two, she had actually blundered.  It was most humiliating day for her and her arch enemy had been fairly instrumental in tht and not jst instrumental, this junior intern had walked away with all the praise and she was left with nothing but disgrace.. a big blot in her 10 yr long career at KGH.  Ashutosh understood her plight.  He understood how hard it is for a doctor to b under such fix.  "Dr. Mallika.. I am sorry?" he started sympathetically.  "Don't b.. please" she cut him mid sentence.  "I don't want ur sympathies Dr. Ashutosh!" she said bitterly and glared at Nidhi.  Dr. Ashutosh sighed impatiently,"there is no fault of Dr. Nidhi.. Dr. Mallika!"  "yeah.. thrs never fault of Dr. Nidhi.. never.. ever!"  "tht is wrong attitude Dr. Mallika!" he cried.  Mallika didn't utter a word and jst flared her nostrils in anger.  "Dr. Mallika u have worked under me for 10 yrs and never have u blundered this way.. its alarming and I m concerned for u!"  "U don't need to..Dr. Ashutosh.  I can very well take care of myself." Replied she.  "U need to get out of this Mallika!" he finally cried in desperation.  "I don't want to talk abt my personal life in presence of a third person Ashutosh!"  Ashutosh jst threw his hands in air in frustration,"This isn't going to help u Mallika"  "R we done here?"she asked dryly ignoring him.  He jst gave a big sigh and looked at Nidhi.  Nidhi looked back at him understandingly and turned towards Dr. Mallika,"I am sorry Dr. Mallika.  I hadn't meant to insult u.  I jst wanted to save the patient."  She said sincerely and looked at her hopefully, but she jst got up ignoring her completely.  "Thank u Dr. Ashutosh for not impeaching me.  U r finally free from the burdensome obligation of saving ur friend." She smirked and answered sarcastically,"for all tht I had done for u for all these years.. u paid me back pretty well in return.. Dr. Ashutosh.. I mst say!" she said bitterly and walked out of the room straight away!

Ashutosh jst stared back at her and sighed deeply.  "Nidhi.." he started but she cut him short,"its okay.. I don't know wats the past betn u two or wat went wrong in ur fship.. bt I can understand tht she was or perhaps still is ur good friend"  he sighed,"I don't know abt is Nidhi.. bt she definitely was my good.. a very good friend.. bt she is lost! She is no more the same Mallika!"  He sighed.  "This Mallika is lot more inside thn wat she reveals of herself Nidhi.. I m afraid she is gonna harm u.. u need to b careful.."  "I think I understand Dr. Mallika.. she is somewhere a nice person.. I don't think tht person will harm me? its jst tht all these has made her.. u know.. bitter.. she is jst too frustrated and acting in desperation.. bt she is ur good friend and she is a reputed doctor..thrs a lot at stake for her"  "U never know Nidhi with the kind of person she has turned into.. I don't know wether I m to b blamed or she herself is to b blamed.. I really don't know.. bt I cannot trust this Mallika.. not with u Nidhi?"  There was real concern in his voice and his eyes seemed pretty worried.  His Nidhi believed tht noone can harm u if u don't mean to harm thm.  Such a naivety of thots!  If the world had b jst so nice and gud!  He sighed.  And tht was the reason y he felt so protective of Nidhi.  She was jst too good to b lost!  It was the fear of losing her tht he feared the most thn anything else in this whole world.  He looked at her.  "I .. I am sorry abt ur research seminar" she said guiltly.  "I wud still have my name in thr among the researchers.. Nidhi.." he replied softly laughing it off.  "bt u had worked so hard and prepared so much to present tht paper.. it wud've been something different!.. I cant forgive myself!" she felt guilty.  "Oh.. Nidhi.. if I hadn't been here for u, I wudnt have been able to forgive myself.. ever!"He explained and smiled affectionately at her.  "these opportunities will come again ..bt wat I want to know is y didn't u call me at once?"  he enquired.  She smiled sheepishly,"I thot.. I thot.. I shudnt bother u..I.."  He jst stared at her quietly.  Hell his scrutinizing gaze was more threatening thn his words, she bit her lips nervously.  "likewise if something happens to me, I am not going to bother u" said he adjusting things on his table coolly.  Tears crept up in Nidhi's eyes and before he even looked up at her.. thy had trickled down quickly and were busy wetting her arm.  "Oh Nidhi," he cried tenderly quickly getting by her side,"u know u make me so so angry sometimes.."  She nodded cutely and sniffled.  He cudnt help himself smile at her cuteness.  "ginger tea?" he asked abruptly.  "hmm?,"She looked up at him with big eyes.  He wiped off her tears tenderly,"luks like its time for some good strong tea!.. lets go miss!" and he got up and she accompanied him out of the hospital ignoring those curious and suspicious eyes of their peers!

Wen Dr. Ashutosh had feared abt Mallika, he wasn't wrong coz in came the news a few days later tht shook his world once again!  Dr. Mallika had came to his cabin this time charging Dr. Nidhi of gross medical negligence and this time she had come with all the substantial proofs and a solid witness!  "Wats all this Dr. Mallika?" he had cried.  "As u can see, all the evidence to charge Dr. Nidhi with gross medical negligence for putting the life of my patient in danger!" she had said smirking and he cudnt believe Mallika had dared in his very presence!  "Had I not passed by accidentally. and checked on the patient...the patient mite well have been lying in morgue!" she had added calmly  He had shook his head strongly in dismay.  He had to take down her account of story and initiate the investigation.  He had then called in Nidhi.  As expected, Nidhi hadn't been aware of wat all had transpired behind her back!  She had been apparently assisting Dr. Rodriguez in the operation theatre for almost 2 hrs now and nobody had broke the news to her.  Dr. Mallika had accused Dr. Nidhi of missing patient's injection dose and not jst tht she had charged her with failing completely in her patient care duties.  Not only she missed the timely dose, she hadn't informed the staff nor had she put anything on patient's chart.  Mallika had Nurse Roshan as her witness who had been taking care of tht patient.

Nidhi's account of story was tht before leaving for surgery she had informed Nurse Roshan verbally on phone as well as put written remarks on patient's chart for the in-coming attending doctor.  When Dr. Ashutosh enquired abt the matter, he didn't find any remark on patient's chart and to make the matters worse, Nidhi had no witness as to prove tht she had indeed informed Nurse Roshan verbally.  "Nidhi how cud u have been so careless.. I had told u to b careful!" he had exclaimed.  "I.. I.. don't know.. I had informed Nurse Roshan" she had cried.  He cursed himself why was he blaming Nidhi.  Its no fault of hers.  How can she possibly know tht Mallika wud stoop so low wen he himself was unable to believe it!  Bt the truth was tht once again Nidhi was in a soup and this time she was really in a fix.  Charge of gross medical negligence meant tht if proven guilty, not jst her career wud b over but Nidhi cud well end up behind the bars!  Bt it was no time to sit and worry, it was time for some solid action!  He paced heavily in his cabin trying to think of some solution.  One thing was clear Mallika had been lying and so was Nurse Roshan.  He called up Nurse Roshan separately and enquired.  She was unable to meet Nidhi's eyes, but she had been firm in her statement.  He was put in dilemma.  His duty demanded him to act on charges presented against Nidhi and he had to inform the management, but his luv refrained him.  It wud mean betraying Nidhi.  He wud b ruining her career with his own hand.  He sighed and sank into his chair.  Nidhi walked up to him,"Its okay.. u go ahead and notify the management.. its ur duty.."  "Nidhi.. u perhaps don't know its consequences!" he said dejectedly.  He was helpless and thr didn't seem to b a way out.. Mallika's plan luked foolproof!  "I pretty well know.. I know tht I can possibly end up in jail!" she replied in low tone.  Her statement triggered a rage in him!  "Nidhi.. I am not going to spare Mallika?" he muttered under his breath and gritted his teeth.  "I swear to God I am not going to spare her" he muttered again and Nidhi was taken aback by the intensity of his rage.  She had never seen him this angry.  He again had tht deceptive look.  His face was rigid and determined bt she knew wat boiled underneath tht.  Nidhi suddenly feared tht he wud do something very unwanted.. something tht wud harm both his prestige and career in his blind rage, she felt.  "No?.No.. please.." she cried "  "No Nidhi.. I had had enuf of Mallika.. she needs to learn the lesson.. the hard way!"he said firmly.  She jst stared at him worryingly.  His hard expressesions softened a bit.  He cupped her face lovingly and assured her,"Don't worry Nidhi.. I m not going to do anything extreme or outrageous.. I will fight the game the fair way.  The wrong can never win and I will not let it win!"  and he did wat he was supposed to do.  He notified the management and soon a panel of doctors wud arrive for inquiry.

Nidhi had to be suspended and as expected, he received Col. Verma's call.  "Dr. Ashutosh I had been planning to call u for a thanks for making Nidhi agree for therapy sessions.. bt I didn't know I wud b saying something completely different to u instead!"  Dr. Ashutosh sighed.  "Wat I hear is true thm?  U suspended my daughter.. for gross medical negligence?" His voice had a hint of anger and Dr. Ashutosh cud sense it and understand it!  "I am sorry Col. Verma? really sorry for tht.. I had no choice.. Bt u know I m going to bring her out of this mess unscathed.. whatever it takes.. u know I will!" He said with conviction!  "Dr. Ashutosh wat I m worried abt is tht thrs certain Dr. Mallika behind this and surely tht rings a bell in my mind regarding ur past tht I had recently learnt!"  Dr. Ashutosh kept mum.  "so u r not going to refute it!" Col. Verma asked.  "Thrs nothing to refute abt.. its true tht Nidhi is bearing consequences of my past?. relation.. bt I can assure u it was and is a one-sided past!"  "It better b Dr. Ashutosh it better b!" warned Col. Verma.  Dr. Ashutosh gave himself a hollow laugh.  "u can b rest assured Col. Verma." He said earnestly!  "Dr. Ashutosh I cant rest till my daughter gets off the hook!" "so wudnt I Col. Verma!" he replied in a firm tone and Col. Verma seemed to understand him but he forwarned him nevertheless,"its consequences will have a hard-hitting effect if it goes the other way I can assure u tht!"  and Col. Verma had ended conversation with a stern good bye.  A few minutes later he had received Nidhi's call apologizing for her baba.  He had assured her tht he hadn't taken it to his heart and she need not need to worry abt tht.  "Nidhi?" he had asked.  "hmm.." she had replied.  I am need of a big warm hug..! he wanted to say but he didn't.  He needed the hug badly but he knew wat Nidhi wud do if he told her tht and he didn't want to anger Col. Verma's any more!  He sighed and changed the topic to discuss on her issue and hung up.

In a few days' time, a panel of doctors took their statements and enquired thoroughly after each one involved.  A disciplinary hearing with management was planned on Monday.  The days were hard to pass for Dr. Ashutosh.  He had prepared himself well, but he didn't know wat wud b the outcome!  Nidhi had helped him a lot in the meantime to keep him stressfree.  She was still chirping like a happy bird inspite of everything tht had happened to her.  It simply didn't affect her and he was amazed at her blind optimism but it was infectious!  He mst admit it had kept him sane!  It imparted him strength and he was determited to fight with more conviction!  Soon the D-day arrived.

It was a big day and Ashutosh went to pick Nidhi up from her home.  Her baba wanted to accompany them, but she had politely refrained him from doing so.  She wanted to face it on her own.  Both her baba and Dr. Ashutosh didn't agree with her decision, but she was adamant and confident.  Both looked at each other and her baba reluctantly gave in.  Dr. Ashutosh was left pleasantly surprised when both her baba and dadi bua had blessed him too along with Nidhi.  Thy soon reached the hospital.  Dr. Ashutosh looked at Nidhi again, she was unperturbed and very confident and he smiled to himself determindedly.  Together they went in and took their respective seats in the conference room and Dr. Mallika and her party took seats at the opposite end.  The hearing started and the report of inquiry panel was presented before the management.  The board took both versions of Dr. Mallika and Dr. Nidhi and weighed every pros and cons of the situation with the inquiry panel of doctors, the senior doctors of KGH, and Dr. Ashutosh and Dr. Mallika.

After 2 hours of intense discussion a verdict was reached and 30 minutes later Dr. Mallika had barged into Dr. Ashutosh cabin flaring her nostrils in rage!  "How cud u Ashutosh.. how cud u.." she shouted.  Dr. Ashutosh jst sank back in his chair and stared blankly at her without giving any reply.  "How dare u question my professional integrity infront of board.. how cud've u said tht I was unjust and biased with Nidhi? " she cried.  "Isnt thr any truth in it Dr. Mallika?" he asked with a sneer.  "u've worked with me for 10 yrs Ashutosh.. have u ever found me compromising my professional duties.. u..u..still believe tht intern.."  Dr. Ashutosh smiled derisively,"oh.. how I had wished I cud've believed in ur professional integrity.. Mallika"  "Ashutosh.. tht crazy girl has blinded u.. u dont seem to see the truth.. I believed u to b an honorable man and u put me down.. u have put ur friend down against her own medical fraternity!"  Dr. Ashutosh laughed contemptuously at her and nodded his head in extreme disgust.  "Oh u r so deceitful and such a wicked schemer Mallika!"  Mallika jst stared at him in disbelief.  He had never been so severe on her!  "Wat r u talking abt.. Ashutosh.. Its u who supported a lie.. my accusations wernt false.. its u who came up with a false witness.. Nurse D'souza was never in the picture!!" barked she.  He replied in a calm confident voice.."Mallika.. board's verdict is a proof of whom thy believed.. Nurse D'Souza was on leave since tht day but thank God she came back jst on time.. she did see Dr. Nidhi scribbling down the remark on tht patient's chart from the window while passing by the room and she did hear her call Nurse Roshan too.  Mallika however hard u try to conceal the truth, it is gonna come out in open one day!"  "Truth.. wat truth Ashutosh.. its u.. u played with lies for tht girl!" she cried again  "really.. Mallika.. REALLY!" he shouted unable to control his anger at her disgusting deceit.  He slammed his fist on the table and shot up from his chair and screamed with extreme rage,"Wen it was u who harassed her and troubled her beyond any limits!" She jst stared at him indignantly.  "Don't u dare to say tht I m wrong in accusing u.. don't!" Ashutosh barked more furiously.  Some real anger flashing from his eyes and Mallika cudnt stare at him for long.  "Don't u think tht I don't know wat and how u harassed not jst Nidhi bt all those other interns all these years out of ur ugly spite and jealousy over me!"  he hissed under his breath.  Mallika's jaw dropped and she stared back at him stupidly.  "yes.. Dr. Mallika.. Yes.. I knew.. we knew.. Dr. Rangnath and I knew wat ugly things u did all these years.. not all those interns were Nidhi..Dr. Mallika.. thy did come to me with complaints against u.. and if I have ever compromised my professional integrity for the one person in my life.. for tht one damn person in my clean career...then it was u Mallika...it was u!" he cried bitterly,"I covered up for u.. I saved u wen I cud've easily taken it to the management.. wen I cud've easily ruined ur career.. and wat did u do in return.. u wanted Nidhi.. MY Nidhi to rot in jail!  So much of hatredness.. so much of malice Mallika.. And u thot I wud jst sit and take it all silently.. No Mallika No.. !" he barked with extreme fury.  Mallika gulped down her guilt.  Tears welled up in her eyes.  She had never thot all these wud go this far.. things wud turn out this ugly.. bt she didn't know wat had gotten into her.  She had gone crazy with jealousy and rage after failure of her last game against Nidhi.. her heart and mind had filled with contempt, malice, and extreme hatredness for Nidhi..and she jst wanted to hurt her bad.. pretty bad and throw her out of his life.. and she was willing to do anything and everything to accomplish tht  and she did jst tht!  "bt I think its God's way to punish me for my mistakes.. the injustice tht I did to thm.. I manipulated those interns and I sheltered u and it came back to me!" he cried in remorse.  "how cud u stoop so low mallika how.. do u even realize how u have acted!" he questioned her scornfully.  She jst stood there crying bitterly.  "If I hadn't handled this tactfully.. if I hadnt convinced the board abt ur dubious accusations, ur unjust treatment to Nidhi.. if thy hadn't been wary of the severe repurcussions of such dubious accusation on the reputation and credibility of this hospital shud Nidhi be proven nonguilty in the court, my Nidhi wud've been behind bars..!" cried he.. tears gathered in his eyes,"and I cannot forgive u for tht Mallika.. I cant.. never!" he shouted bitterly and firmly as he held back those tears.  There was a brief defeaning silence betn thm and then he said in a dry tone,"the f'ship or whatever was left of it betn us is over mallika.. its OVER!" he said firmly  "Nooo!" cried mallika..  "Please.. Ashutosh.. I am sorry.. I m really sorry .. I hadn't meant to hurt Nidhi this badly.. No.. believe me.."she pleaded.  "I cant believe u any more Mallika.. no more.." his voice stern and unforgiving, his face stiff and emotionless.  "Please please..Ashutosh" she cried bitterly and incessantly," I cant live with ur hatredness.. Ashutosh.. I cant.. please.. forgive me.. please.." she continued to plead but he was unmoved.

Nidhi had come to talk to Dr. Ashutosh and saw them from the blinds of the window of his cabin.  She quickly came in and closed on the blinds.  Thy hadnt noticed her.  She stared at crying Dr. Mallika.  Dr. Mallika had been crying bitterly,"u cant brk our fship..Ashutosh... u cant.. how wud I live without it.. u know .. u very well know.. wat keeps me going.. how wud I..." her voice broke and words choked and her weeping had turned into sobs now.  Nidhi really felt bad for Dr. Mallika.  But Ashutosh was unaffected.  He wasn't looking at Dr. Mallika at all.  He had taken back his seat and was playing with his paperweight with cold expressions.  Nidhi looked at him.  He suddenly looked so insensitive.. so cold .. so indifferent.. and so distant tht Nidhi cudnt believe tht he was same Dr. Ashutosh.  This definitely wasn't her Dr. Ashutosh!  Dr. Mallika by now had dropped down to floor and even her sobs were hard to come by now.  Nidhi quickly offered her a glass of water and comforted her.  She looked again at the stiff face of Dr. Ashutosh and helped Dr. Mallika to get on her feet.  She wiped her tears and consoled her sympathically.  She walked her out of his cabin to her own cabin.  She informed Dr. Rangnath abt her condition and came back to Dr. Ashutosh.  He still looked the same.. distant and cold.  She shook him out of his rigid state, but he looked at her with the same cold indifferent eyes.  She was taken aback.  He stood up and strode up to the window facing the parking lot and gazed out of it without uttering a word.  "Dr. Ashutosh!" she cried worriedly.  "I know wat u r going to say Nidhi.. tht how can I b so insensitive..so cold" he turned to her and smirked.  "how can u?" she cried.  "I can.. Nidhi.. I can.. wen someone tries to hurt my dear ones.. I am not going to spare thm.. i am not going forgive thm.."  "Y not?"  "really Nidhi?" he cudnt believe she was trying to defend Mallika.  "Tht woman jst tried to destroy u and she was almost successful!" cried he.  "Bt she didn't.. !"  "tht u wer lucky Nidhi..!"  "No I knew it..!"  "Huh!"  "I believed in u Dr. Ashutosh.. if u held someone so high as ur friend thn tht person cudnt b tht bad.. tht evil!"  "Oh.. u r one stupidly naive girl Nidhi.. u know tht!" he barked at her stupid gullibility!  "Dr. Ashutosh Dr. Mallika isn't bad.. its these circumstances.."  "Don't!" he cut her mid sentence and held up his palm to stop her!  "Don't even try to justify her wicked actions.. I am not going to forgive her ever..and no one can make me.. not even u!" he glared at her with same cold eyes.  Nidhi jst nodded disbelievingly!

His phone rang.  He walked upto it and picked it up promptly.  "It was Dr. Rangnath.  Dr. Mallika had tried to commit suicide by overdosing on tranquilizers!"  he informed her coldly.  "Oh my God", gasped Nidhi and ran towards the door immediately!  As she reached the door she realized Dr. Ashutosh hadn't followed her.  Shocked, she turned and saw him seating on his chair unconcerned!  "Dr. Ashutosh!" she cried.  He looked up at her and said nothing.  She shook her head,"Dr. Ashutosh.. Dr. Mallika jst committed suicide!" she cried.  "So?"  "u.. she is ur friend.."  "She is not my friend Nidhi.. not any more.. and I no longer care wat happens to her.. " he said harshly.  "how can u... how can..u.." Nidhi was so shocked at his behaviour tht words weren't coming to her.."  "I know wat u want to say Nidhi,"he smirked,"tht how can I b so so ruthless.. so stone hearted..," he narrowed his eyes ,"bt now u will know y they call me Dr. Hardstone Nidhi.."  she again nodded her head vehemently.. "No...No... u r not this.. u cant b this.. "she cried.. "I AM Nidhi.. I AM.. I can b as heartless ..as insensitive.. as cold hearted... as much as I want.. I can b utterly hurtful and completely ruthless.." he stressed on each word hard with deep menancing tone and Nidhi kept on shaking her head in sharp denial,  "and not jst Mallika.. I m not going to spare Nurse Roshan either" he said spitefully.  Vengeance clearly visible in his eyes.  "Nooo.. Nooo.." she cried.  "Yes.. Nidhi Yes..!" he said more determindedly and stared back at her face pursing his lips tightly.  "No... my Dr. Ashutosh cannot do this... he cannot ruin anybody's life.. u cant b this..." she cried  "Yes.. i CAN.. Nidhi.. this is me.. this is very much me.. u can like me if u want.. u can accept me as i am.. and if not.. u can hate me as much as u like.. detest me.. abhor me.. and even leave me if u want!" he stated coldly and she was stunned and numb at his words.  Tears welled up and started wetting her cheeks, but he was unmoved.  His eyes were emotionless.. and his expressions were stonelike.  She stared at him for sometime and then gathered herself and wiped off her tears.  She gulped down the lump tht had formed in her throat and walked out of his cabin dejectedly.  She composed herself and enquired after Dr. Mallika.  She had been taken to operation theatre for a gastric lavage.  She waited for her there, but Dr. Rangnath assured her the he wud take care of her and wud keep her apprised.  He then enquired after Dr. Ashutosh.  Nidhi jst smiled sadly and Dr. Rangnath consoled her and assured her tht he would come around soon.  Nidhi sighed and again walked back to his cabin.  He didn't look up at her.  "This is my last day at this hospital.  I hadn't imagined it wud b this bad!" she said in low voice.  "I had been relieved off my duties here and I have filled up all the required forms.  The papers wud b on ur table soon.  I guess I shud b going now.  Call me wen u feel like talking." She replied in trembling voice and went out pushing back her tears.

**So friends do comment how u liked the chapter.. the nxt chapter is gonna reveal the past abt Ashu via Ashu-Mallu story.. Hope u found it interesting..***

**Teaser Chapter 27:  The Ashu-Mallu story*****

**So wats exactly behind Ashu-Mallu friendship...?  Wud he reveal his past with Mallu to Nidhi.. Wud he forgive Mallu?  Wud he help Mallu?  If yes how?  I already said tht he wud emerge winner as a true friend and as a faithful lover.. how.. will b revealed in nxt chapter..

also the most intriguing question.. wat was Nidhi's verdict?  Clearly, Nidhi wasnt charged but thn she is leaving KGH too!.. How.. Why.. Where?  Well.. wait... wait..Evil Smile..LOL**************

Do comment abt this epi and encourage me to ponder and put more abt my characters and the plot..

Ciao tc..Embarrassed 

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

AmmsYessopjsd1Ashnianjayshreep2dancydreamervanillaflowers-AnaRoy-DikshaBalujaritu3kumarMimohaheydoc27shah1485jayasree.raoaksujiBlushsarikakarajekarniniborn2ruleCherishhChitrathanLibraSuvika.SwastikAshNiNeelimaSJ

Post Reply New Post

Go to top