Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

*Smthin_Clld_Luv*Nov3_Updt_p146*Jaane Kya Baat Hui (Page 54)

Post Reply New Post

Page 54 of 150

heydoc27

heydoc27

Posted: 28 May 2012 at 9:43am | IP Logged
achiever first of all thnks a for updating dis soon,it was really a pleasnt surprise..ClapClap
Clap
hmm i m luving dis ashu,his caring demeanour..s so..soo beautifully depicted..

hmm n d best part was d transition from his not my territory kinda atiitude wen wid dr.mehta to a confident n protective one in front of mallika...oh how i wish d makers of d show had some sense!!

no matter wat but d character of nidhi is ooo endearing, a sweetheart whoeva doesnt luv to fall in luv wid a person lyk nidhi..

her unassuming attitude s her best charm,wen she was confident in admitting her relationship infront of mrs.mehta..,d shy smile,d cuteness,n d women like grace,she can b anything in a moment n she s a puddle of surprises..

n d last part just shows a better part of luv called care..n concern..
He adjusted her head carefully and tucked her under covers and let her slumber into much needed sleep.  He gave a long sigh and stared at her for a while.  Her face had again turned pale and dull and he cudnt help himself stroking her pale cheeks with the back of his hand, but she didn't stir this time.  It was so unlike his Nidhi.. wat he had felt jst an hour back.  He suddenly felt extremely emotional.  He took her hand and squeezed it gently.  Col. Verma glanced over both of them and gave a soft sigh.  Dr. Ashutosh realized wer he was.  He quickly got up from her side giving Col. Verma a way and uttered a quick sorry in embarrassment.  He gave her one last glance and waited for Col. Verma in the living room.

dis says so many things..

hmm u r d hitchkok kind yaar,d master of teaser!!!
uff now u have made us more impatient by opening up d issue of baba n dere much awaited convo,althou ashu s ready wid his counter defence!!

so DB s gona strike,mallika n get in armaan,afta r all v require one who l b a support system to ashutosh..

okay now u can give another quick surprise by giving a much quicker update,i m all excited for d convo bwn dese two thinking men!!bring it on..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

achiever

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*Smthin_Clld_Luv*Nov3_Updt_p146*Jaane Kya Baat Hui (Page 54)" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nandinidavid

nandinidavid

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 1:58am | IP Logged
Achiever! Good job!!!! Thanks for the wonderful write up..ClapClap

Your descriptions are very good... I could imagine the scene happening in front of my eyes.. ...I'm loving this Ashu...caring, concerned yet naughty and romantic...

OMG So many revelations in one shot...conversation with Mehta's is cool and loved the way Ashu put his hands around N while introducing to M's brother...the change in his demeanor and confidence; excusing from them without any conversation is just awesome...is cherry on the cake

loved the way Ashu treated fainted Nidhi both as doctor and her MAN...the description about making N lie in the back seat, carry her to the bed, making her comfortable, yet getting emotional and squeezing her hand is all too good and this is the best part of the chapter...). MB suits super cool here...sorry if you have some one in your mind...

Good update! Waiting for the next chapter! Please do it ASAP...you have left us impatient, curious and guessing...

achiever

achiever

IF-Dazzler

achiever

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 4:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by heydoc27

achiever first of all thnks a for updating dis soon,it was really a pleasnt surprise..ClapClap
Clap

hmm n d best part was d transition from his not my territory kinda atiitude wen wid dr.mehta to a confident n protective one in front of mallika...oh how i wish d makers of d show had some sense!!

--he he.. he. Mallu mata is a complete vamp in my story.. more like Sheena.. and pretty soon it will b revealed y Ashu really feels he shud protect Nidhi from Mallu... she is gonna prove it herself tht she is THE devil!Embarrassed.. bt oh wat will happen of Nidhi!

no matter wat but d character of nidhi is ooo endearing, a sweetheart whoeva doesnt luv to fall in luv wid a person lyk nidhi..

her unassuming attitude s her best charm,wen she was confident in admitting her relationship infront of mrs.mehta..,d shy smile,d cuteness,n d women like grace,she can b anything in a moment n she s a puddle of surprises..

--yeah.. surprise is the most attractive element of her personality.. she is surprising in everything.. surprisingly cute.. surprisingly bold.. surprisingly crazy.. !LOL

He adjusted her head carefully and tucked her under covers and let her slumber into much needed sleep.  He gave a long sigh and stared at her for a while.  Her face had again turned pale and dull and he cudnt help himself stroking her pale cheeks with the back of his hand, but she didn't stir this time.  It was so unlike his Nidhi.. wat he had felt jst an hour back.  He suddenly felt extremely emotional.  He took her hand and squeezed it gently.  Col. Verma glanced over both of them and gave a soft sigh.  Dr. Ashutosh realized wer he was.  He quickly got up from her side giving Col. Verma a way and uttered a quick sorry in embarrassment.  He gave her one last glance and waited for Col. Verma in the living room.

uff now u have made us more impatient by opening up d issue of baba n dere much awaited convo,althou ashu s ready wid his counter defence!!

so DB s gona strike,mallika n get in armaan,afta r all v require one who l b a support system to ashutosh..

--well in my story.. the support system dont act as catalyst thy jst support.. the characters have thr own brain and thots.. thy jst need a push into rite direction.. and thts wat my support system does.. Till now Ashu doesnt as such need a support system.. and Armaan wud enter in the picture wen Ashutosh needs him most!Embarrassed

Thnx so much for ur reply.. i m actually feeling guilty for not replying elaborately on ur thrd.. bt didnt expect this much work load this week.. neways.. i will get back wenever i get time.. bt till thn wud keep njoying ur shayrana andaaz.. Embarrassed

achiever

IF-Dazzler

achiever

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 4:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nandinidavid

Achiever! Good job!!!! Thanks for the wonderful write up..ClapClap

Your descriptions are very good... I could imagine the scene happening in front of my eyes.. ...I'm loving this Ashu...caring, concerned yet naughty and romantic...

--Aww..Thnx so much for ur comments..

OMG So many revelations in one shot...conversation with Mehta's is cool and loved the way Ashu put his hands around N while introducing to M's brother...the change in his demeanor and confidence; excusing from them without any conversation is just awesome...is cherry on the cake
--Yeah.. i simply luv this Ashu..esp wen he tries to protect his girl against Mallu..LOL.. 

loved the way Ashu treated fainted Nidhi both as doctor and her MAN...the description about making N lie in the back seat, carry her to the bed, making her comfortable, yet getting emotional and squeezing her hand is all too good and this is the best part of the chapter...). MB suits super cool here...sorry if you have some one in your mind...

-- .LOL.U can dream of watever man u want. mujhe to koi bhi chalega..LOL.. 

Good update! Waiting for the next chapter! Please do it ASAP...you have left us impatient, curious and guessing...

-- .Yeah.. will b updating soon..Embarrassed..  I m practically getting no time to browse thru other thrds and FFs.. prtty busy this week.. bt surely will update soon.. coz i have the chapters ready..Embarrassed

heydoc27

heydoc27

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 5:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by achiever

Originally posted by heydoc27

Clap

--he he.. he. Mallu mata is a complete vamp in my story.. more like Sheena.. and pretty soon it will b revealed y Ashu really feels he shud protect Nidhi from Mallu... she is gonna prove it herself tht she is THE devil!Embarrassed.. bt oh wat will happen of Nidhi!

--yeah.. surprise is the most attractive element of her personality.. she is surprising in everything.. surprisingly cute.. surprisingly bold.. surprisingly crazy.. !LOL

--well in my story.. the support system dont act as catalyst thy jst support.. the characters have thr own brain and thots.. thy jst need a push into rite direction.. and thts wat my support system does.. Till now Ashu doesnt as such need a support system.. and Armaan wud enter in the picture wen Ashutosh needs him most!Embarrassed

Thnx so much for ur reply.. i m actually feeling guilty for not replying elaborately on ur thrd.. bt didnt expect this much work load this week.. neways.. i will get back wenever i get time.. bt till thn wud keep njoying ur shayrana andaaz.. Embarrassed

well achiever i dint mean a support system as shown on d show kind!!hell please,even i wud fray one of dat,n knowing ur storyline n d very sensible n strong characters dats not the thing i knw!!as i have always admired d thinking mode of dis man!!huh breathtaking!!

n word :Thumbs Up
 surprisingly cute.. surprisingly bold.. surprisingly crazy.. !

thats indeed d bessst partWink

so v r heading towards a twist in d story were in ashu needs one support!!mind u support doesnt mean advises but also one patient ear to hear u..n one to pat in ur times of distress!!!

hmm bring on d convention soon!!n i beta not comment on mallika,as u have already told abt sheens,d name says it all!!!

n no problem,carry on wid ur work,give us an update soon,n i have updated 4 th n 5th chap,read @ ur will..

achiever

Pooja_0910

Pooja_0910

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Wonderful update...yaar ye Dadi bua to humara picha he nahi chod rahi...show me bhi irrited karti thi aur ab to yaha bhi..ufff...anyways precap seems to be more intresting...waiting...n plz do PM me...

Edited by Poojapange - 29 May 2012 at 8:46am

achiever

achiever

IF-Dazzler

achiever

Posted: 30 May 2012 at 1:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Poojapange

Wonderful update...yaar ye Dadi bua to humara picha he nahi chod rahi...show me bhi irrited karti thi aur ab to yaha bhi..ufff...anyways precap seems to be more intresting...waiting...n plz do PM me...

thnx so much.. yeah.. Dadi bua.. LOL.. yahaan par bhi screech kar rahi hai..LOL..

yeah.. will PM nxt chap..Embarrassed

Pooja_0910

achiever

IF-Dazzler

achiever

Posted: 31 May 2012 at 4:58am | IP Logged

Chapter 23:  Baba talks to AshNi!

A whirlwind of mixed emotions ran thru Dr. Ashutosh's mind!  For one, he cannot and wud not leave Nidhi in such a state.  Two, it was true he cudnt bear to hear wat Nidhi's dadi bua had said to him.  It had hurt his pride.  Three, thr was a guilt in the back of his mind for putting Nidhi in such a state of health and he wanted to know wat had bothered Nidhi.  And he exactly knew wat he needed to do.  And without thinking further, he simply gulped down his bruised pride and composed himself well so as to answer Dadi bua in pretty firm and yet calm voice,"I am sorry and I don't mean to disrespect you but I wud not stop meeting Nidhi till she herself wants it.  And regarding being in this house, I wudnt stay a moment further here if Col. Verma really doesn't want."  Dadi bua instantly hissed in extreme disgust, "so much of respect for elders huh!.. how can I expect to even respect my words!  Huh!". and she looked away from Ashutosh in extreme disgust and turned to Col. Verma and cried," U still want such a rude man in our house Yog!"  Col. Verma sighed deeply,"bua please.. calm down and let me handle this.."  "No Yog.. No.. u shame me Yog.. U shame me.. I never thot I wud b insulted ever in this house!"  "Bua please u r overreacting!"  "overreacting Yog.. ?"Bua's voice trembled.  "Bua this is no time and place to discuss all these.. Nidhi is sick, she needs care and attention.. v cannot quarrel over this issue at this time.. its not our priority!,"Col. Verma finally pleaded.  "Yog.. u didn't even deem necessary to wake me up wen Nidhi was brot in this condition.. I am hurt Yog extremely hurt!" cried bua.  "Its not tht.. U jst had gone to sleep after waiting for Nidhi for so long.. u wer tired already and u jst had ur medicines bua.. u needed rest.. I didn't want to stress u further since situation was under control and not grave!"  "Huh.. No.. Yog.. I know.. u don't want me to interfere in UR family matters any more.. Coz I don't act according to ur wishes and I don't support whom u wanna support!" and she again glared at Dr. Ashutosh with extreme contempt!  "bua please! This is ur family as much as mine.. I know u luv Nidhi so much.. its all for ur concern for Nidhi.. u jst want to protect her interest bua and we all wanna do jst tht, bt bua please understand.. this is not rite time and V cannot accuse Dr. Ashutosh without listening to Nidhi.. please.." Col. Verma explained to her tenderly and she finally bowed down reluctantly and nodded hoplessly.  Col. Verma then took Dadi bua to her room.  She had been overstressing herself since Nidhi had gone and she really needed some rest!

Dr. Ashutosh had jst been watching everything in dismay.  His head had started pounding.  Ther were rather bitter allegations thrown at him.  Not tht thy hadnt had any base, the circumstances were such, but how can she possibly dbt his intentions for Nidhi!  He ran a frustrated hand thru his hair and sighed deeply.  He had made sure tht he didn't lose Nidhi's baba's trust and Col. Verma had acted according to his rank and dignity and held him with the same respect inspite of the obvious differences betn thm, bt wat abt ppl like Nidhi's dadi bua!  And she was an important person in Nidhi's life.  He sighed desperately.  To give his hammering brain a change, he went to check on Nidhi.  She had been sleeping quietly.  He again checked her vital signs and thy were running pretty normal.  He gave a satisfied sigh and again came out into the living room.

Wen he entered thr, Col. Verma was already seated in the sofa and he motioned Dr. Ashutosh to have his seat.  But he stood thr and apologized sincerely," I am sorry to have put u in such a situation Col. Verma.  I know it got pretty late, but believe me it wasn't intentional and I thot tht Nidhi.." and he sighed heavily and added in a really low sorry voice,"I am sorry tht Nidhi did not confide in you'"  In reply, Col. Verma jst sighed disappointedly but he jst requested him again to have his seat.  And Dr. Ashutosh occupied the seat right across him.  Col. Verma studied him for a while and thn asked him, "Wat happened Dr. Ashutosh?"  Dr. Ashutosh briefly explained as to wat had happened.  And Col. Verma was utterly astonished to learn the reason!  "Even I was a bit surprised Col. Verma.  I mean I did lose control over the car a bit but it wasn't as such.. u know.. tht grave.. I mean I had the car in control within a second.. and thr was no traffic at all.. I didn't understand y Nidhi went into sudden shock?" he asked more to himself thn Col. Verma,"but considering the situation of the event and history of fainting, I think it was a result of some underlying psychological phenomenon." Said he and looked at Col. Verma expectantly.  Col. Verma laughed wryly,"I don't think so Nidhi has told u yet abt the relation betn her fainting and her mom Dr. Ashutosh?"  "You mean her fainting has something to do with her mom's death?"  he asked worriedly.  Col. Verma again smiled wryly and replied in a bit of mocking tone,"I am sorry tht Nidhi did not confide in you.."

His words poured like some hot acid on him.  He stared at the floor for a while and then gave a hollow laugh.  Col. Verma was getting insecure and jealous of him for his daughter!..Thr was no contest.. bt he was making it one!  "I had really not meant tht Col. Verma." He replied modestly.  He had so wanted to know wat had led his Nidhi into such condition and he jst cudnt wait any longer to know it.. and Col. Verma wasn't willing to.. and Y' coz Nidhi hadn't called him nor had she confided in him abt him...  He sighed frustratingly!  "I wudnt deny tht I feel a little jealous of u Dr. Ashutosh.. since she called u up tht nite wen goons had attacked her and not me.. she is relying on u and trusting u more than me Dr. Ashutosh.. how I had wished tht she wud've at least told me whom she was going out with and tht she was going to b late!" Col. Verma sighed sadly.  Dr. Ashutosh jst stared at him sympathetically.  "I don't know y she didn't tell u Col. Verma!.. I really don't know.."  "You haven't understood Nidhi so well yet.. have u Dr. Ashutosh.. she wudnt want to face the heat unless the situation demands!.. had I asked her she wud've definitely told me..bt I didn't so she was happy dodging the question.. bt I know she wud've told me after she came home.. she wudnt've hide it from me Dr. Ashutosh.. its jst tht she didn't want to spoil her date!" he jst smiled to himself and realized wat he had said a date!  how times have changed! And how his daughter had grown up!  "You know Dr. Ashutosh how hard it is for a father to see his yung 24-yr-old daughter going on a date with a man barely 10 yrs younger than himself!"

Dr. Ashutosh jst stared at him!  "It hurts' doesn't it.. Dr. Ashutosh.. it hurts real bad.. its better for u to hear it from me rightaway... this way it less painful for u when u hear it from someone else.. afterall it's a fact and someone is gonna say it on ur face some day!"  Dr. ashutosh jst sighed pitying himself.  It had actually pierced him..he was hurt.. pretty bad.. bt it was a fact and Col. Verma was rite!.  "Dr. Ashutosh if u had married a bit early on in ur life.. u probably wud've daughter of Nidh's age."  Dr. Ashutosh gulped down his bruised pride again and sat barely controlling himself.  "No.. Dr. Ashutosh.. this I didn't say to hurt u.. bt to make u understand how this jealousy arises!  Wen u r a single parent and u have only daughter, u tend to give every bit of urself for her sake and u become a hero in her eyes.. and suddenly one day u wake up and find tht u r no more hero for her tht place is taken by someone else.. in fact by a man who stands tall in stature of this father in every respect not jst age!.. he can provide, support, nurture, protect.. and probably is a lot more charming for his age thn her father!" He laughed at himself mockingly and continued,"its pretty hard to accept.. Dr. Ashutosh.. its pretty hard!" and he gave a heavy sigh!  Thr was a brief silence and Dr. Ashutosh tried to understand him quietly.  After a while he spoke again,"bt the irony is tht any father wud give anything to have such a son-in-law really, bt here I don't know wether I shud b really happy for my daughter for finding such a dream match in bargain of an uncertain future tht it holds"  Dr. Ashutosh sighed deeply and gazed blankly in the room thinking abt wat Col. Verma had been saying.  "wen such is the era tht even 5 yrs of generation gap widens into 10 yrs of differences in tastes, opinions, beliefs..oh a hell lot of things.. I really don't know how its gonna work for my daughter with nearly 20 yrs age gap betn u two!" Dr. Ashutosh thot on it.  He had never thot abt the differences during his interaction with Nidhi.. in fact it had never occurred to him.. he and Nidhi had always seemed pretty compatible and it came naturally, at least he had felt so!.. or was it bcoz thy wer at tht stage of luv, wen everything seems pretty rosy.. pretty gud and perfect .. and these happy days can get over soon as Col. Verma fears?  He sighed.  It was confusing!   "wen u imagine ur daughter's wedding pic Dr. Ashutosh, u actually don't imagine ur daughter marrying some gray-haired middle-aged groom!" Col. Verma finally threw his last shot!

Dr. Ashutosh got up abruptly feeling an urgent need of some fresh breeze of air!  He went up to the open window and stared into the black nite blankly!  He breathed deeply to slow down his increased heart rate.  Col. Verma slowly strode up to him and stood beside him.  "Dr. Ashutosh.. I know ur feelings r sincere and u really care for Nidhi.. and I believe wat u felt for Nidhi was true.. bt was it prudent to express ur feelings?"  Dr. Ashutosh jst gave a dry smile and replied,"I thot u wud understand it better having been in luv urself.. u know u don't plan to fall in luv, u jst fall in luv.."  "rite.. bt didn't u think abt the outcome of ur confession.."  "Col. Verma.. we haven't confessed yet.. in fact thrs no need to and I don't think so thr wud b a need ever.. it clicked and we jst knew"  "bt u know thrs vast difference betn u two.. Nidhi I can understand .. she is young.. impulsive.. feels a thrill falling for such things.. bt how cud u?"  "Col. Verma.. jst by adding yrs to one's age and being more mature and responsible one and being more worldly wise.. does one loses the rite of falling in luv and accepting it openly?  Does a lonely and sad man has no rite to seek some happiness?"  "Y not..by y with a girl so yung?" "Col. Verma I told u.. it jst happened.. we fell in luv even before we knew it.. I don't think so it occurred to any of us tht thrs this age difference cud ever b an issue betn us.."  "Precisely thts wat I am pointing to Dr. Ashutosh.. y didn't it occur to any of u wen u know this age difference is always gonna remain a point of conflict betn u two.. and besides I am sorry to say Dr. Ashutosh.. bt I really doubt Nidhi's feelings..the things u r putting at stake, I don't know even its worth for!  for young girls like her, thy can never b tht serious as we expect in such matters.  Not tht she has superficial or fake feelings bt its her age and her nature tht leads thm believe tht it is true luv.. thy live in their own fantasy world and believe in their prince charming' even an infatuation or crush wud seem like a true luv.. don't u feel tht it was btter to have not encouraged her such behavior?"  Dr. Ashuotsh smiled and replied,"Col. Verma.. I am pretty sure u know ur daughter very well bt thr r some things u cannot see with a father's eyes.."  Col. Verma again smiled derisively at himself and Dr. Ashutosh continued,"bt I am pretty sure if u cud've, u wud've understood it.. Nidhi is a lot more deep girl thn she seems.."

"Bt shudnt u think abt the future of both of u thr is career ahead.. shudnt u think abt the girl involved..?"asked Col. Verma.  "I don't see any problem in future for us career wise or any other way.. u can b rest assured of Nidhi's career and as far as it comes to mine.. I am ready for any sort of consequences if such a situation arises.. a talented person wud always find his way however tuff it goes'bt I believe our society has become quite modern and its not as if it's a taboo' and I believe a girl has every rite to live her life the way she wants.. with one she wants, she choses'"  "future.. Dr. Ashutosh..is but a small word to wat it holds in actual!   u don't know how much even 5 years can add to an ageing man!  wen u turn 50, she wud b barely 32..still young.. wudnt it b difficult and complicated for a girl like Nidhi.. bright, lively and full of energy' I hope u know Nidhi better by now.. she is pretty impulsive.. she never thinks of the future ahead'."  "our future lies in how v think abt it in present Col. Verma and as far as it concerns us, v don't mind it..v've faced it and given it a thot Col. Verma!"  "well, at least my daughter doesn't seem to have given it a thot Dr. Ashutosh.. don't judge her actions to b equivalent to her belief Dr. Ashutosh!  She acts first and thn ponders abt its appropriateness!  Decisions and belief can change when one gives it a practical thot! Has Nidhi ever thot abt the practicality of the issue betn u two? No!" "I understand ur concerns Col. Verma bt v've to give Nidhi some time to judge her own feelings.. to let her make decision regarding her own future.."  He then turned towards Col. Verma and said sincerely,"Col. Verma I can assure u tht it wud b a fair thing. I am not going to influence her decision unjustly."  Col. Verma sighed in reply and then looked away," I don't know Dr. Ashutosh.. I don't know.. while ur feelings I feel r sincere bt the thing it stems from.. I m unsure.."  Dr. Ashutosh looked at him questioningly.  He explained.  "Dr. Ashutosh, every man in extreme need wants to believe tht indeed thy deserved wat thy got and in fact were destined to get it!  But its not so always' the long grown loneliness and the strong desire to get rid of it sometimes makes him see tht way.. wat if one day ur needs cud b satisfied by some other means or may b ur needs chng altogether.. wat wud happen of Nidhi thn?"  "Col. Verma..  rite.. tht it mite have stemmed frm this need but it doesn't sustain on need.. it sustains on love and if its not thr, anything else is not gonna work.. at least not in our kind of relationships.."  "but don't u think its too soon to even judge it as love'u have known each other for how long?  3 months.. is the time enuf?  Y u want to take thngs forward in haste or r u feeling insecure tht Nidhi wud back out?" Col. Verma voiced his doubts.

Dr. Ashutosh jst smiled,"Col. Verma I have never dbted on our feelings for each other..its not 3 months tht had grown our rship Col. Verma.. its wat happened in those 3 months tht has grown this rship..  and wen I realized tht its happening, the first thing I wanted to do was to protect Nidhi's reputation..before anyone raises a finger at her I wanted to have ur trust on us..and its jst tht and nothing else behind my actions.. and besides as I said, I don't like to hide things and do something behind the back.. and certainly not with someone's baba, but I am thankful tht at least u gave me a fair chance!"  "Dr. Ashutosh.. I don't have much choice.. Do I? being a single parent and having a daughter like Nidhi, one really doesn't have a heart to make her unhappy and sad.. bt tell me how much Nidhi knows abt u?  Wat wud happen wen she wud come to know abt ur past?"  "U know my past?"  "Not all Dr. Ashutosh.. Not all.. bt pretty soon I will learn everything!" he tried to test him again!  "well, thrs nothing in my past tht Nidhi wudnt approve of.. and u don't need to dig my past.. let me give u its firsthand account!  I am an orphan Col. Verma."  "That I know.. and I know tht u were adopted!"  "No.. not adopted.. I was jst raised!" "okay.. Wat I don't know is ur gaurdian's name?"  "Its Dr. Mathur."  "Who?"he asked in a bit of alarming tone and Ashutosh was a bit surprised.  "Dr. Avinash Mathur"he replied.  "The famous surgeon.. Dr. Mathur of Lucknow Hospital?"asked Col. Verma promptly.  Thr was sudden chng in Col. Verma's voice and it puzzled Dr. Ashutosh.  "Yeah.. u knew him?"he asked.  Col. Verma jst stared blankly into the darkness with deep melancholy in reply and puzzled Dr. Ashutosh even more.  He looked at him with a confused face.  He certainly did knew something abt his baba!

But before he cud ask further, he heard a loud clanking from Nidhi's room and he rushed into her room and saw Nidhi trying to grab the table to get up.  "Nidhi.. " he cried and got by her side quickly and helped her to sit up.  She stared at him with heavy eyes and then rested her head on her shoulders,"Dr. Ashutosh" she took his name tiredly.  He wanted to stroke her but he realized Col. Verma must've followed him in so he gently put Nidhi back to bed.  "Nidhi u need sleep.. bt u feeling better now?" asked he.  Nidhi's baba had came by their side by now.  Nidhi stared at Dr. Ashutosh and then at her baba for a while and gave him a faint smile, and then her eyes suddenly grew wide and her face was covered with frightened expressions!  Col. Verma instantly gauged wat went thru her daughter's mind.  "Its okay Nidhi beta.. u take rest..Dr. Ashutosh is here for a while to take care of u.. we will talk abt everything else in the morning" he baba promptly replied looking at her expressions  "No baba.. I.. " she started to sit up.. "No.. Nidhi beta.. "  "No baba I want to talk.. rite now.. !"  "Nidhi please.."Dr. Ashutosh urged,"u r not in a state to take any sort of mental stress Nidhi.."  "No.. no.. please.. I wont b able to sleep.. really.. I need to.. I need to talk NOW.. please.." she sat up slowly and pleaded Ashutosh.  She gazed at her baba with guilt-ridden expressions.. "I am sorry baba.. I am soo sorry," she cried and some tears crept up in her eyes.  Ashutosh moved away from her bed as Col. Verma moved in and sat on the bed.  She hugged her baba dearly and suddenly started crying bitterly in his chest,"I am sorry baba.. I am soo very sorry'" her words coming in sobs now.. Ashutosh looked at her with tears.  Her baba gently stroked her to comfort her,"shush' Nidhi..oh beta.. u r my loveliest daughter.. u don't luk nice wen u cry"  "please stop crying now..Nidhi beta.. stop crying.."he urged her tenderly.  Her sobs died down a bit and she looked up at her baba with big teary eyes.  "I shud've told u tht I am going with Dr. Ashutosh.. shudnt I?"  Col. Verma jst smiled.  "Bt I wanted to.. after I came back.. and' and.. we got late because of me.. baba.. really thrs no fault of Dr. Ashutosh.. he.. he.."  "Its okay Nidhi.." said Ashutosh promply,"U don't need to stress urself on tht.. u feeling fine now?"  She nodded.  "feeling tired?"  "a bit.. bt not so much.."  "Gud!"  "u feel okay to talk?"  she nodded.  "Okay.. thn I will tell Chote Sarkar for a coffee for u..fine with coffee?"  she nodded again and he smiled back and she watched his back as he left the room leaving her alone with her baba.

She lowered down her gaze and asked her baba in low voice.."r u angry with me baba?"  "No Nidhi.. jst a bit disappointed!"  "Bt I thot.. I thot u will never let me go if.. if.."  "You know Nidhi.. I always tried to b a mother as well to you.. bt I guess.. a father can never b a mother.." he sighed.  "No.. baba.. uve been everything to me..my mother my father.. I don't even remember much abt my mother..!"  "bt beta.. probably I cudnt b a parent whom a daughter cud confide everything.."  Nidhi lowered her gaze again,"Its not ur fault baba its mine.."  "No its mine.. Nidhi.. I didn't give u the rite msg tht u can trust in me completely!"  "Its not so baba.. its NOT!"  "I am not blaming u or myself.. Nidhi!.. its jst this age gap Nidhi.. obviously u don't think I wud approve of Dr. Ashutosh as ur match.."  Tears gathered in her eyes.  "Nidhi.. u can imagine my state.. I had dreamt of a young charming prince for u Nidhi.. how can I accept Dr. Ashutosh!"  Nidhi looked up into her baba's eyes.. Wudnt every father want tht.. how can she blame her baba!  "Oh baba!"she cried  "Nidhi.. even if I let go my prejudices, thr r lot of othr things tht' I cannot possibly say yes to this r'ship!"  Nidhi looked at him with questioning eyes!  "Nidhi.. urs is a tender age.. u will have crushes.. u will have infatuations.. it doesn't really have to translate into luv Nidhi.. u know.. I had a huge huge crush on my college teacher and if tht teacher wud've said yes, I wud've ran away with her and not ur mother!" he joked.  Nidhi smiled in reply.  "Nidhi sometimes u adore and idolize someone so much tht u tend to think its love.."  "But baba.. I .. I.." Nidhi didn't know how to explain.  She sighed.  "moreover its jst 3 months Nidhi..how can u take ur life's most important decision on the basis of jst 3 months u spent with someone!?.. its matter of ur whole life Nidhi.. wudnt b a father worried"  Nidhi sighed and nodded in a yes.  "And if he is not of ur own age.. thr r lot of issues tht can make my daughter unhappy' wudnt it worry him even more?"  Nidhi again nodded in a yes!  "Nidhi how much do u know abt Dr. Ashutosh?"  "Nothing much.. bt baba.. I didn't feel like'" she left it halfway.. ther was no way she cud explain her baba.. how she felt for Dr. Ashutosh.  She lowered her gaze.  "Nidhi.. I know.. I m not a grt listener.. nor am I person who can understand a young daughter's luv.. bt Nidhi.. I jst know tht luv also brings with it gullibility!  Thts y its called blind!"  "But baba didnt u jst know tht mom was the rite person for u the moment u saw her?"  "Nidhi.. I know I have loved someone.. and I know how one feels wen one is in luv.. but in love, I' we've.. also made some terrible mistakes.. blinded by the same luv.. and v had to pay the price for it.. we acted in haste.. without a forethought to wat we did.. we jst got carried away.. being young and in luv it was easy Nidhi.. bt today wen I luk back I jst regret.. I cud've done so many things properly and I cud've not hurt us and others badly!"  "U mean nana?"asked she  He sighed deeply.  "Nidhi.. u know ur nana had never ever approved of our mrg.. and u know wer it led to.. u know wat happened to ur mom.. and u know how its affecting u.. my one impulsive act .. wer it has led to Nidhi?"  tears welled up in his eyes.  "baba.. it was not ur fault baba.. wud u have left mom for tht?"  "No Nidhi bt I cud've done it rite.. if I had jst thot it practically.. waited a bit.. I cud've done it rite!"  "Baba.. wats done is done.. u never know wat wud've happened if u hadn't acted this way.. may b Mom isn't here for me coz..God wanted to give me a most loving and caring father baba.. "  "Oh.. thank u Nidhi.. bt bt.. I don't want u to do any mistakes Nidhi'"  "baba I wont'"  "Promise me tht u will give all this a gud thot.. u will not act in haste and b impulsive in ur decisions.. u will think practically too Nidhi..promise me"  "I will baba.. I will'"  "Nidhi.. all I want is ur happiness Nidhi.. the thing tht I am most afraid of in this world is ur future Nidhi' wat if something unwanted happens"  "U don't have to worry abt my future.. baba.. don't u believe in ur own upbringing.. haven't u taught me to b brave and courageous in adversity.. inspite of my such psychological history, didnt u teach me to face it upfront.. baba I am a colonel's daughter.. I don't know how to b weak!.. and baba regarding future.. one never knows.. bt wat one learns is how to tackle it.. didnt u tell me that it was the most important lesson that u learnt from ur army days.. if u know wer ur enemies lies, its fine.. bt wen u don't, u tackle it as thy come.. and leave the result to God!  I believe in God and I believe in u baba"  he stared at her for a while.  "Nidhi.. u know Dr. Ashutosh was rite.. u r a lot more deep thn u seem"  Nidhi cudnt help herself blush at mention of Dr. Ashutosh's name, but she quickly composed herself!  Col. Verma saw the redness coming back to Nidhi's cheeks at the mere mention of Dr. Ashutosh.  He sighed deeply!  Wat do u have Dr. Ashutosh tht my little girl jst cant help herself falling for u!  He thot to himself and got up,"Nidhi u have some rest"  "But I don't feel sleepy baba.. oh.. wers my coffee.." cried she and started to get out of the bed, but her baba refrained her,"No.. u still look weak.. I will send Chote Sarkar with coffee and Dr. Ashutosh as well." She blushed again at her baba's back,"He will examine u and make sure u r okay"  and he added reaching the door,"before he leaves for his own home!" and Nidhi's face fell a bit.

After 5 minutes, Chote Sarkar came in with a tray of two cup of hot coffees, placed it on the side table, and promptly left the room.  Nidhi waited for Dr. Ashutosh.  Her eyes not leaving the door for a second.  At last he arrived and Nidhi cudnt help herself feeling shy.  She blushed and lowered her gaze.  Ashutosh slowly came and sat by her side on bed.  "I had so longed to see tht redness coming back to ur cheeks Nidhi" Ashutosh said softly and Nidhi jst stared at him lovingly!  "Nidhi I m supposed to examine u and not stare at u" he said chuckling.  "I am okay!"declared she.  "I know.. now lie down.."  "I said I am okay!"  "I know .. please lie down.." he repeated.  And she pouted and crossed her hands.  "Nidhi.. this is no time to act cute.. I am not Ashutosh.. I am Dr. Ashutosh.. and u know how hardstone Dr. Ashutosh is!" he said warningly with his hands on his hips!  She pulled off her covers and tried to leap off from other side of the bed,"No!..this is MY house and not ur KGH.. thr can b no Dr. Ashutosh here.. only Ashu.." she stopped abruptly.  As soon as she had pulled off her covers, she had started to leap from the bed bt thn Dr. Ashutosh had grabbed her hand jst in time.  He had quickly thrown himself forward on her sitting figure.  He had blocked her on the bed by placing his other hand on her other side and she was thus caught in place by him on bed as she stopped her sentence abruptly.  "Only who?" asked he.. in a plain plain voice!  She blushed.  Ther wasn't so much of proximity betn thm and thy wer at wat can b called a decent distance from each other.. yet Nidhi's heart had fluttered!  For one, he was over her sitting by her side and she was wearing a saree tht apparently wasn't in its proper state as she had tried to jump out from the bed forgetting tht she was in a saree!  Stupid she!  She cursed herself.  And two, he was behaving mischeviously and teasing her with most blush-imparting question and repeating it!  He had already repeated it thrice and her blush had deepened with his each repeat!  "Nobody!" she finally said with extreme shyness as she tried to straighten her saree blushing hard.  Ashutosh suddenly became aware of her state and quickly moved away over from her and looked away to allow her to straighten herself up.  After awhile, she coughed.  Bt he jst smiled in return and didn't look at her and kept playing with the stethoscope in his hands.  She coughed again!  "Nidhi I have a name!" he said mischevioulsy!  "Dr. Ashutosh..!" she uttered blushing!  "emm.. hmm' the other name.."  "Wat other name?"  "tht u wer jst abt to say?"  "Nooo.. !"  "Yes..!"   "Noo.. I.. I am feeling shy.."  "But I wanna hear it.. for once.. please.."  "I cant.. "  "please.."  "I really cant.. It will take some time.."  He sighed.. "how much time?"  she blushed,"how can I tell tht?"  "Well.. u have to give a time limit.. I cant wait too long!"  she blushed and remained silent.  "Okay..how abt convention?"  She blushed, it was too soon!  "convention Nidhi?"he asked again  "okay..fine.. I'll try" she said in a shy voice.  "Okay thn Dr. Nidhi Verma please allow me to examine u.." he turned towards her and made her lie down to examine her.  She kept looking at him lovingly, bt he was behaving completely professionally!  Huh! So much of Dr. Hardstone!, she blushed.  She wanted to hug him and kiss him and wanted to forget tht thy wer in her house and in her bedroom!  Huh! So much of impulses Dr. Nidhi.. did u forget wat u said to ur baba! She blushed to herself.  He coughed to grab her attention this time and she chuckled.  "I guess u r pretty much fine Dr. Nidhi Verma."  "Thank u Dr. Ashutosh.  So hope I wud b allowed to join my duties tomorrow?"  He sighed,"well I wud've luved if u cud've rested.. bt I guess If I allow I wud b blamed of favoritism now!"  Nidhi luked at him questioningly.  "Dr. Mehta remember.?" He said chuckling,"and Mrs. Mehta Nidhi is one woman!  She will take no time to spread this breaking news!"  "Oh!" she jst cried.  "Y.. will tht b a problem.."  "No!.. I don't know.. it wud b pretty awkward in the hospital.. I mean.. I don't know.." "Hmm.. rite.. I have an idea.. " "wat?"  "Lets pretend tht v don't know tht thy know"  "WAT?"cried she.  He chuckled.  "Nidhi, lets pretend to b ignorant of everything.. no body's going to ask u on ur face.. or me, thy wudnt dare.. so lets continue with our protocols and jst act ignorant!  Howwzzzat!" he asked.  Nidhi replied excitedly,"perfect!" and they chuckled.

Soon after, Ashutosh took Colonel's leave, mentioned abt enrolling Nidhi to some psychological therapy sessions, and once again apologized for being rude to dadi bua.  Col. Verma assured him tht his bua wud come around soon and he also warned him.. tht he wud b digging his past soon and tht he better b ready for encounter no. 2.  Dr. Ashutosh jst smiled in reply and Col. Verma shook his hand cordially!  Nidhi watched thm from her ajar door and sighed.  God, please make everything alright.. please..! she sincerely prayed to God.. for some unknown reason she was feeling apprehensive!

**Nxt Chapter***Chapter 24:  The Worries of Nidhi****

Wat worries Nidhi?  Will she tell Ashu abt her past yet?

Y does Mallu visit Ashu.. wats her plan?  How does it affect Ashu?

Will Dr. Ashutosh and Baba's rship grow in a new direction?

**All answers in nxt chapter..***

Please do write ur views abt this chapter.. Embarrassed

C u soon.. TC..

Edited by achiever - 31 May 2012 at 5:50am

The following 23 member(s) liked the above post:

AmmsCandy_jsjsd1priya_m5Shahi12Ashnianvanillaflowers-AnaRoy-dancydreamerdikuloloM.L.PriyaNaidups664ritu3kumarpearliePooja_0910heydoc27jayasree.raoBlushsarikaniniborn2ruleCherishhChitrathanSwastikAshNirrdsu

Post Reply New Post

Go to top