Rules & Announcements

Television Celebrity Ranking for 1/2/2012 to 1/8/2012 (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 14

nitzy_21

Goldie

nitzy_21

Posted: 10 January 2012 at 7:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijay

Originally posted by nits_21

Correction - i guess it should be popular in the virtual/online world (mostly youth).

Well I believe that the people on the internet whom we are here referring as virtual / online world is certainly not from outside world. These are real people isnt it?

I am glad atleast you agreed that the ranking does reflect the popularity of the celebrities online and among the youth.

Yep, i wish they were aliens, would have been more interesting Tongue

It does reflect to an extent but it is not exhaustive and unfair means are used to make the popularity seem more (read fake ID's).

can we take the conversation here - http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2105549&PID=51701604&#51701604

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

HSFA.Nafisa.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Television Celebrity Ranking for 1/2/2012 to 1/8/2012 (Page 8)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Nafisa.

IF-Stunnerz

.Nafisa.

Posted: 10 January 2012 at 8:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijay

Originally posted by Nafisa_blossoms

Thank you for getting back to me, as this will allow me to understand the system better.

For Wassup TV no Buzz points awarded, but Views/Comments Parameter is affected by a Wassup TV video, therefore my original post when I mentioned Tellybuzz affecting Views in this circumstance is correct...as Wassup is under Tellybuzz criteria.

The other Tellybuzz articles will affect Buzz points Parameter for TV celebrities and but Wassup affects not Buzz points but Views Parameter.

So celebrities that were not interviewed in Wassup last week were at a disadvantage in the ranking system. 

Similarly celebrities that were not interviewed for the other Tellybuzz articles were also at a disadvantage in the ranking system.

I hope you will be persuaded to change the ranking system and make it fairer for all celebrities and shows.

Well the amount of effect a particular show of Wassup will have on the ranking is very small for the ones who are already in the Top 20 list and you will realize it more when you visit these celebrities profiles.

In a week we get over 3 lakhs comments across the site and when we compare that to the number of comments a Wassup TV show video gets is quite less and which again is divided into the number of people tagged to that video. So again its not going to change the ranking much.

Well we deviced this ranking system based on certain ideas which we felt was the right approach and yes it might not be the perfect one that would please all but yeah it does helps us get a fair idea of popular TV actors/actresses currently in the industry.

Cheers,
Vijay

HI Vijay,

Tellybuzz and Wassup is affecting Views/Comments Buzz parameters unfairly too compared to the whole population of celebrities, it is skewing the rankings.

I think the viewership as one parameter should be brought in, as popularity in the industry has to be based on, how viewers are responding to various shows, how popular a show is directly linked to how many people are switching on the TV to watch that particular show, so disregarding TRP completely based on the fact not every viewer in the population is counted under TRP is wrong, because here we have tellybuzz being counted though not all celebrities had them.

It's true for the celebrities that are in the Top 20 they have many more fans that joined fan clubs and many more comments under their fan pages, but IF is still susceptible to Fake id's being created to inflate Fans in fan clubs.

But as I said the Top 20 does have more comments in a week compared to other celebrities out of the Top 20, this is why to balance things for everyone of your forum users, a viewership parameter must be introduced and tellybuzz out. This way the higher number of comments under the celebrities profiles in the Top 20 gives those forum users an equal shot to remain higher up in the rankings. 

Regarding the TRP it's not something we have just thought of, at the bottom every weeks TV celebrity rankings you mention about working on it to include as a ranking parameter.

ibelieveinpink

IF-Stunnerz

ibelieveinpink

Posted: 10 January 2012 at 8:27am | IP Logged
YAY!!! Ashu is in top 10!!! Finally!! AK ROCKS!!!

Hell ya for GurTi for being 1 and 2--love you loads and miss you guys!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

swetamangeraZsterRosenasghar

.SilentPrincess

IF-Rockerz

.SilentPrincess

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 10 January 2012 at 8:45am | IP Logged
Rati Pandey & Ashish Kapoor! Heart

swetamangeranasghar

-GoldMist-

IF-Rockerz

-GoldMist-

Posted: 10 January 2012 at 8:54am | IP Logged
Wackoas always..

zainab410

zainab410

Posted: 10 January 2012 at 8:56am | IP Logged
BARUN IS BEST 

--Sobi--HSFA

maan-ki-sanjana

IF-Dazzler

maan-ki-sanjana

Posted: 10 January 2012 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Congrats to Gurti!Clap

You both deserve to be at the top.

And Happy Birthday Princess DD!Big smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sonisaimuluvmgManali_IamGCianZsterRose

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 10 January 2012 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kunataanya

@Vijay - i'm quite curious to know how the buzz points are calculated... if it's not the TB article or Wassup video then what constitutes a 'Buzz' for a particular celebrity?

When / Where did I say that its not TellyBuzz articles?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top