Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

madhu_sridhar

Goldie

madhu_sridhar

Posted: 10 January 2012 at 12:37am | IP Logged
"It is difficult to become accustomed to the loss of happiness."  
- Francois De La Rochefoucauld

As I watched Megha's laughter transcend into tears, in the very first scene, it was very much obvious that she is having a difficult time coping with her husband's loss -  a good start, which pretty much set the tone for what Megha's life is all about. Throughout the episode, you see Megha oscillating between the two facets of her life- one where she knows she has to keep going and the other, where she still yearns for the waft of aftershave lotion in her room. It doesn't help either, when people keep passing comments about her husband wherever she goes. In spite of all these setbacks, Mrs.Vyas is not your quintessential damsel in distress. There is an aura of simplicity and determination around her which does amaze you. 

Even when it comes to the people surrounding her life, its a contrasting bunch of people - some stand by her, some pin-point how much of a burden she and her kids are. This is where i felt, the show has a slight tinge of 'saas-bahu'ishness to it. It become even more glaring when the MIL indirectly pointed a finger on her DIL for her son's death. Certainly, there is some bitterness there. Going by the usual norm, the FIL is supportive of his DIL.
The less said about that 'phonewaali' aunty and her pampered son Tannu, the better I guess - self centered people from all angles. For a change, the bua seems to be a nice person though. ROFL when she commented about all the girls breaking Ranbir's heart.

However, for me, its the kids who take the cake. Again, the contrasts are in play. Nanhi, being the elder one, is fairly matured for her age and comes across as very observant kid, for she really understands what her mother is going through. I like the way she shows her concern in the form of bossiness. Coming to the chotu of the family, Addu - stubborn little kid, but very very sweet. The way he talks is absolutely adorable. There's a certain style to it which I am not able to point out. 

Finally, the dude himself, Mr. Mohan. Of course, the connection had already been established when Megha's saree got stuck in Mohan's bike. And then, we had the 'Kal ho na ho' style entry for him. As Nanhi asks god to bring back the magic in her mom's life - and she cites specific incidents from Megha's life - Mohan does something corresponding
(or should I say opposite) to those incidents in his bid to catch that girl. 

The field is set for their first confrontation tomorrow and I am so waiting to see how it plays out. All in all, a pretty decent start.

Edited by madhu_sridhar - 10 January 2012 at 3:58am

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

nash_mashkuchikishiny3natzzzPashoRaniwalquest2000anjup83-Swetha--k2navi-ChunniBaburusha4003soapbubblenuttycleo-JC-anna44-Fivr-.SidraMonu-SunNaasun-naaaaaaaaa-Faiza--Jeny-raokrithika

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Episode 1: From my perspective" in Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

whitewitch

Goldie

whitewitch

Posted: 10 January 2012 at 1:10am | IP Logged
Good post madhu. I like this show. A new kind of romance. After yudi i love kunal as mohan

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

madhu_sridhar-Ashvi-

madhu_sridhar

Goldie

madhu_sridhar

Posted: 10 January 2012 at 1:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by whitewitch

Good post madhu. I like this show. A new kind of romance. After yudi i love kunal as mohan

Thank youSmile...I'm not sure if I like the show yet, but I certainly liked the promos...Considering the fact that this is a love story between a widow and a bachelor, the usual treatment romance receives in desi-tv shows is not applicable to 'Na bole'. As long as the makers of the show keep this in mind, I think it'll make for a good watch...

So after the comical Yudi, we'll see how much of justice Kunal does to Mohan. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

-Faiza-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Faiza-

Posted: 10 January 2012 at 1:43am | IP Logged
woww great post dear..i soo agree with every word u have written..m esgerly waiting for Mohan's entry in megha's lfe..i m lokking farward to see how he will bring change in her life

-Swetha-madhu_sridhar

madhu_sridhar

Goldie

madhu_sridhar

Posted: 10 January 2012 at 2:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Faiza-

woww great post dear..i soo agree with every word u have written..m esgerly waiting for Mohan's entry in megha's lfe..i m lokking farward to see how he will bring change in her life

Thanx Faiza Smile...and yup, I too am waiting to see how he changes her life for the better...and how he undergoes a change too...Tomorrow should be a good episode...

-Swetha--Faiza-

ChunniBabu

Goldie

Posted: 10 January 2012 at 2:51am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

madhu_sridhar

.dream-catcher.

IF-Stunnerz

.dream-catcher.

Posted: 10 January 2012 at 3:06am | IP Logged
Nice post!!
even i like the show and the leads are too good!!
m loving ths show:) as per now LOL

Edited by poojawal_Pooja_ - 10 January 2012 at 3:44am

madhu_sridhar

madhu_sridhar

Goldie

madhu_sridhar

Posted: 10 January 2012 at 3:41am | IP Logged
@ Mansi : Thank you Smile...Many say, that when it comes to desi shows, don't expect anything out of  it and just go with the flow of things...But, oh well, the promos are too good, that I can't ( or we can't) stop myself) from expecting

@ Pooja : Thanx Smile...I go with your opinion...I like it, as of now...and new girl Akanksha is a promising talent. Kunal has always done a good job. I think the real fun will start when their bickering ensues.

Edited by madhu_sridhar - 10 January 2012 at 4:27am

-Swetha-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.