TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Samanta beats Sonam Kapoor

Samanta beats Sonam Kapoor

Samanta has pipped popular B-town actress Sonam Kapoor to the post, by bagging a coveted role in Mani Ratnam's next film. Finally, the year-long screen tests to find a suitable girl to be paired opposite newcomer Gautam, son of Tamil star Kartick, came to an end dashing the hopes of other contenders like Kaarthika and the kin of Suhasini Mani Ratnam.

"It's a dream come true for me," gushes a jubilant Samanta. In fact, after her initial screen test Mani wasn't satisfied and had kept her on hold, while checking out other girls before coming back to the T-town actress again. So, what does Samanta have to say about upstaging Sonam Kapoor? "I don't know about others, but I am cherishing the opportunity to work with the legendary film-maker and his top-notch team of A.R. Rahman, Ravi K. Chandran and others. The breezy, romantic entertainer will be made in Telugu and Tamil," she says.

Chennai sources claim that Mani has never faced such a dilemma while casting a female lead, even for his big films like Roja, Mumbai and Guru. Finding a pretty face to suit the character was a struggle for him, and he even sought the help of friend and cinematographer Rajiv Menon in conducting screen tests for months together. No doubt, Samanta has struck gold in the beginning of 2012, continuing from the smashing success of Dookudu.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pomegranate thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
mani ratnam probably got the the scare of his life after watching sonam in players
-Castiel- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Samantha is a much better choice than Sonam. She isn't the best actress around but I think Mani Ratnam will bring out the best in her. I just hope it isn't another one of her trodding around like a doll type role she seems to doing in every movie of hers She is talented but most of her roles haven't brought out her talent on screen for display. Let's hope for the best (:
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Did he see her in Thank You or IHLS kya? Or worse...Players? 😆
Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sonam can't act or dance, it's time to say Bon Boyage to bollywood.
Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Maniratnam is mad to decide to even consider Sonam.

But may be she missed one more opportunity to learn acting.
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pomegranate

mani ratnam probably got the the scare of his life after watching sonam in players

Lmao 😆
MoccoLatte thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sonam needs to either quit films or enroll into acting classes. I seriously laughed at the way she acted when Vinod Khanna died in the movie Players.
MoccoLatte thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
^ Shes quite popular in South!!
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Sonam always wanted to be loved/adored for her  beauty,style,persona..Movies are just one of the avenues for her ambition of becoming a personality cult.

Her interaction with the media..and from twitter,it is clear that she is more interested in building an off screen persona...

When Ranbir says that Sonam is a better actress off screen..he is right!!She enjoys being the center of attention at media events ..she is in her element then..

Movies really is not her passion..So far among heroines,the quiet types, who don't speak much about themselves, have been most successful..Heroes on the other hand, thrive on their off screen personas
Edited by you2 - 12 years ago