Writers Corner

SunShower - The Faux Rain (Novella) (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 10

.AbhIyalicious.

IF-Rockerz

.AbhIyalicious.

Posted: 30 May 2012 at 2:01am | IP Logged
whoa. loved the first update.lol. this is in the middle east..damn this will be fun! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sawyer_TomRafz

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SunShower - The Faux Rain (Novella) (Page 4)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Radioactive.

IF-Dazzler

Radioactive.

Posted: 31 May 2012 at 10:44am | IP Logged
Rafi di, this is really Ah-mazing, coming from you you it has to be na.! And I don't understand why you weren't updating this, it's really good..!!

I really like the way you write. You've highlighted all the little parts of the story. And I really liked this character of yours, Alizey. She's mighty cool.

Lolz, the Keralaite part, I know. Most of the people here migrate to gulf countries. Every second person here whom I ask about their parents occupation says that his/her dad works in gulf countries. I dont understand why all of them swarm away though. (Not saying that gulf countries have something wrong with them, just a question that pops up)

Ah well, the update was awesome and do PM me the next time you update. :)

And huge thnx to Nidhi for making Rafi Di update this.
Hug

Sawyer_TomRafz

Sawyer_Tom

IF-Dazzler

Sawyer_Tom

Posted: 03 June 2012 at 6:51am | IP Logged
And this also, please.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rafz

Rafz

IF-Rockerz

Rafz

Posted: 16 June 2012 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Ummm .. ppl .. the response is .. MORE than overwhelming .. and its all the more heartwarming that people would come back and read despite me being such an ass and not updating for ages ... I wont be doing personal replies for chapter 1  since I have exams .. but you HAVE to know .. I loved reading each and EVERY one of ur replies . And Nidhi owns my heart f*cking AORTA  Hug

Author's Note : 

Before u hate me more .. Here's chapter 2 ... Please keep in mind .. the characters are 13 year old .. insensitive immature .. 13 year olds ... so they will have dialogues which might hurt cultural and religious sentiments .. BUT please dont judge ... like I said .. they are CHILDREN .. and these are stuff I picked up during my schooling years in the North of the Country ... so they were actual dialogues by real ppl ... I risked penning them down because .. what is a biography if not realistic ? I hope u all will take it with a pinch of salt and be forgiving when u read. Embarrassed Trust me ... u will come to love Alizey and her friends .. soon Embarrassed . In reference to the insensitive dialogues in this chapter. Both Alizey and Rafi are very very sorry . U'll see why as the story progresses .. but just so u know .. Alizey is essentially 95% Rafi . And there came a time .. when 'Alizey' stayed over for Sleepovers at 'Mrs Priya Ramalingam's' place and the two ladies, after a meal of malayali style fish curry / Rice and Remix Dosa (Dosa stuffed with Sausages LOL) chatted and cracked jokes all night over banana chips/coffee  and whent through her wedding VCD ... and albums .and talked in hushed voices as Miss Priya's infant son slept (her husband lived in India back then , our premise was the Middle East).. as the years progressed .. Ali came not only to respect Miss Priya but also to love her  .. and Miss Priya's immense fondness for Alizey was something other students came to hate Ali for . Now HOW they went from where the story is right now .. to the place I am talking about .. THAT you have to wait and read .. but believe me when I say this ... Ali regretted EVERY mean comment she ever made for Miss Priya . 'PR' is someone 'Alizey' loves and respects even till this date ... if not for her . .. Ali  would have been a completely different person .. SO please forgive Alizey for being the person she is now .. and allow her the few follies of her teenage years . Embarrassed

CHAPTER 2 ' The Rise of the New She

"Good Morning girls, My name is Priya Ramalingam. I'm your new class teacher and I will be teaching Chemistry"

As if it wasn't obvious enough.

Their chemistry teacher had been changed like 6 times in the past two years. Its like the job was jinxed. Kinda like The Defence Against the dark Arts teacher in Harry Potter. Heh.

Ramalingam. Priya Ramalingam. You've GOTTA be kiddin' me.

Ali groaned inwardly. Yet another Mallu to replace the previous one. 

Wait a sec. Ra-ma-lin-gam?! As in Ram's  ?!?!"

Ali let out a cough that sounded suspiciously close to a laugh. She crammed her fist into her mouth to keep herself from LMFAO-ing . This curious little episode did not escape Ahlam, who sent a questioning glance her way.

"Priya = Beloved. Ram = Hindu deity. Lingam = Sanskrit for ' boything. So If you literally translated her name in hindi , it'd mean "Beloved *boything* of Ram" "

Ali rolled up the tiny chit and inserted it into the cap of her pen before closing it as she passed it onto it onto Ahlam's outstretched palms. A pink flush made its way up the Palestinian girl's cheeks as she read the note. She made eyes at Ali, feigning mock consternation at such vulgar dissection of a teacher's name and at the same time, trying very hard to suppress a chortle before passing it onto a very impatient Heba who almost tore the note in half in her haste in snatching it from Ahlam. Biting her cheeks inwards to keep herself from laughing, Heba (Arab - No clue about Indian Culture whatsoever) scrawled back:

"Who the Sam heck is Ram !? and why would someone name their daughter after his ' boy-thing !?"

Ali :

"Where she comes from, people drink-cow pee to cure diabetes and worship a dude with an elephant for a head to make engineer and doctors out of their sons and daughters. In that particular order. I rest my case ' "

Heba:

"You gotta be kidding me o.O "

Ali:

"I.kid.you.NOT   -_- Pinky Swear. Oh wait, we outgrew that in 3rd grade. Spit slap ? "

Heba :

"Keep thy spit. I'll take thy word of honour -_-"

*scribble, scribble, scribble* X Infinity

This went on for a good few minutes until Ahlam decided to put her foot down.

Ahlam:

"You both are so are SICK !!! And you're so getting grounded if she catches you exchanging your little notes."

Ali:

"Don't you lie you little perv ! I can see you're loving it every bit as we are."

Ali stuck out her tongue at her friend who resigned herself to nodding head in exasperation.

"I really like your saari Ma'am !" 

While the girls at the back were having fits thanks to Ali's little trivia-note, Farzana the frizzy one was already sucking up to the new class-teacher.

"Oh thank you, it was an Onam gift" 

The new teacher was beaming at the unexpected amount of attention her Rs. 200 saari garnered.

"Yitt waaas an Onnnam gift-ah". 

Ali perfected her mimic fininshing it off with the typical "Ah" at the end of every mallu sentence.

Multiple gurlie giggles sounded as Zara hi-fived-ed her friend Asra. Or more like low-fived her under the table, cuz it wouldn't do for the future head girl to be caught laughing at the new class teacher. That too at the resident troublemaker's jokes.

Too bad by the time Ms. Priya turned to look at them, Zara and Asra had re-gained full facial composure and Ali had all her attention now.

"Silence !!!" 

Her voice was like the crack of a whiplash and everyone jolted back into their seats.

"You at the back ! Stand up !"

"Me ?" 

Ali pointed towards herself with all the innocence of a Rottweiler who just ate the neighbour's chicken. Not that people with Rottweilers and chickens are usually neighbors, but you get the picture.

"Yes YOU, and stand up when you're talking to a teacher ! "

Ali took all her sweet time in getting up as Ms. Priyas's jaw tightened. Such blatant display of disrespect was unheard of in Kerala and she mentally vowed to teach this punk a lesson.

"And your name is?" 

Ms. Priya asked with one almost non-existent brow raised.

"Goodda Morrning, I'm Ali and I'll be your new pain-in-the-butt"

Of course her voice trailed off towards the end and the pain-in-the-butt part was barely audible but as Ms. Priya's face grew a shade darker (not that it could get any darker), a slow, satisfied smile crept across Ali's face, realizing she'd hit home run with the exaggerated Mallu accent.

"I asked you what is your name ! You will only answer to what is being asked!! " 

*Insert Angry faces*

"You heard me." 

Ali was having fun kicking fobby ass on the first day of school.

"Out of my class. NOW" 

Priya Ramalingam was going to have none of it.

Ooops. Score one for Priya Ramalingam.

"Those back-stabbin' wenches, I'll get back at 'em later"

Ali grinded her teeth as she gave Zara, Asra and Farzana one last look before slamming the door behind her.

Edited by SwaRon911 - 16 June 2012 at 11:20am

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Trouble_MagnetDASTAK..NinaArief-FrozenRain-Swaron238rachita_1994Gunjan.Sawyer_TomSnowey.AbhIyalicious.TyromarauderCrazyGirl.21

.Comics_Music.

IF-Rockerz

.Comics_Music.

Posted: 16 June 2012 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Loved the parts Rafz...goodness ur soo talented...will be waiting for a PM!!

Rafz

Snowey

IF-Rockerz

Snowey

Posted: 16 June 2012 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Rafi thanks for the update and prior warning Wink
Being a malayalee myself there sure were parts which i was Cynical about. But on the whole i loved the light atmosphere of this part. I sure loved these kids. I could clearly vision these kids being playful, insensitive around the class and there sarcastic yet innocent comments cracked me up.
I am already in love with Ali and her friends. Smile

P.S - I was here without even a PM. Tongue
Now PM everyone, am sure many are waiting. 

Edited by Sudha-SK - 16 June 2012 at 10:41am

Rafz

Rafz

IF-Rockerz

Rafz

Posted: 16 June 2012 at 11:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ritu_Cool_2197

Loved the parts Rafz...goodness ur soo talented...will be waiting for a PM!!

Thank you Ritu .. I am just relaying some moments from my childhood . Embarrassed

Originally posted by Sudha-SK

Being a malayalee myself there sure were parts which i was Cynical about. But on the whole i loved the light atmosphere of this part. I sure loved these kids. I could clearly vision these kids being playful, insensitive around the class and there sarcastic yet innocent comments cracked me up.

Sudha .. The lamba chauda Authors note is for u especially . My sincere apologies :)

Edited by SwaRon911 - 16 June 2012 at 11:21am

.Comics_Music.Snowey

Snowey

IF-Rockerz

Snowey

Posted: 16 June 2012 at 11:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sudha-SK

Sudha .. first of all ... Both Alizey and Rafi are very very sorry . U'll see why as the story progresses .. 
[/QUOTE]
Why sorry? Please don't be.
As i said i already love Alizey so in turn love Rafi too. Hug
Thanks for the insight to the upcoming updates. Smile
Malayali style fish curry - my mouth is watering..i want some NOW..*begging my sis for the same*

Edited by Sudha-SK - 16 June 2012 at 11:24am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top