When to quit and when to follow through?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Khusi and I are having an interesting discussion about anandi and the villagers defiance of her instructions.

I see this happening repeatedly and feel that anandi should step down if the villagers keep defying her.  It is meaningless to continue if people keep disobeying her.

Khusi feels it will be her failure if she just steps down -- it will be escapist.

So, this brings me to an important question.

When should one quit  (in anything in life)? 

More importantly, how to distinguish between a lost cause (and not making any more investments of time, energy, money in something) ... and  just a minor rough patch through which to push through?

anandi is better trying to make them literate so it is not easy to change them so fast and to infuse confidence in them for her she has to give many exams and if she passes then they will believe and obey her and she is very young so they feel she has no experience and by influence she got this post she will make them realise this and she should continue she is not getting finance frm this post also  so no cause of her being corrupt she will still emerge πŸ˜†
I am agree with Khushi actually..anandi has just started..so she should not quit now!..πŸ€”

now coming to ur questions..it is a very big question actually!..
if u know that what u r doing is not good for u..it will harm u..like smoking, drinking etc etc..then u should quit it now!!!..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

i have heard some incidents that someone spent his\her whole life for what anandi is doing right now..like educating people..building infrastructure of a remote village..etc..

i have heard of one gal who attempted class 10th's exam\final yr exam of school..for 17yrs or more..bcoz she failed every time!!..but she didn't lose hope of passing the exam..she read the same books, same things, attempted same exams for 17 yrs!..her class mates got job then..and she was still trying to pass that one hurdle!..i don't know if after 17 yr she continued or not!..bcoz i read it in news paper..πŸ˜›

and i hope u have heard of that spider story?..the spider tired to climb up a wall..but every time it failed..but it didn't lose hope..it didn't quit and finally the spider climbed up!..😊

so i think anandi will succeed one day to change the mind of the villagers..😊

it depends on ur patient i think..and of course what u r doing tooπŸ€”..being a very impatient person..i always quit very soon!..πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Edited by monamie111 - 12 years ago
Anandi  a quitter??! no way

she knows how to take defeat and will step down if another worthy candidate comes along, but sincere there isn't she will continue doing whats best for the village.

About the people not respecting her, they do respect her but its their fear that made them speak that way and after the dayan incident they will think twice before they say anything 

Anandi has achieved what other sarpanch could not in his long career as sarpanch. So I can def.say she is progressing 

(but since its a soap, they might open their mouth again : ) 

Ignorance will always breed fear and fear will always find a victim to blame.

So, I think clashes on a lot of issues can and shud be expected. Why shud they accept her word just coz she's a Sarpanch ? She is 'elected' right ? People have a right to demand reasons behind the actions of their elected representative. And Anandi will try her best to provide these answers. This process is most essential and time consuming. 

Suchi - as always - I love your POV πŸ˜Š
Originally posted by monamie111

it depends on ur patient i think..and of course what u r doing tooπŸ€”

So true! But there r some cases it should be better to quit !

Here in bv there is two cases where it is reflected, though both r not comparable coz 1st one is a personal one but still πŸ˜ƒ

1st in Jag's case, Anandi just quit , she never surrenders herself to him or never begs him to come back to her. she never did that and that wont help her or anyone . everyone will be at loss. even if she gets jag back forcefully then she cant force him to love her! she cant stop loving him, what she can do is learn to live alone! And she is doing that!

2nd case, as sarpanch, she continues her fighting against social evil and oppositions. Coz she knew that what can be the end result. She can prove to others that see what u ppl r thinking in ur limited knowledge , I can see it in a diff way with my better knowledge, it will improve our life! There is wide range of possibilities which will be helpful to everyone! She will face problems, may be in some cases she will face the failure too but I think she shouldn't quit!

so it depends more on what will be the end result. is it profitable or notπŸ˜ƒ(just kidding)!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by khusi_* - 12 years ago
Originally posted by hooked

Why shud they accept her word just coz she's a Sarpanch ? She is 'elected' right ? People have a right to demand reasons behind the actions of their elected representative.

I dont think that this is right -- just because she is elected, that people can over-rule her whenever they want.  I agree that a democratic style of functioning where everyone has a voice can be more important than a bureaucratic style -- however, i think that there is still a protocol to follow.

These people elected her supposedly because they had trust in her.

Now, after electing her, they cannot be selective as to when they will listen to her or not.  That is not in keeping with the leadership position she is in.  The people cannot run a parallel government and justify it saying "democracy"

If they dont find her reasons compelling or her views reasonable, then there is still a protocol to follow which involves all of them coming together and asking her to step down.

Then,  after she steps down, they can do whatever they want.

While she is still incumbent in the position, they cannot  and should not over ride her instructions.

In any country, leaders are elected on the basis of democracy, but not everyone is elected by 100% majority.

Sometimes it is just 51-49 majority.

But once someone becomes President (by even just 51% vote -- not a landslide), that person is still the President. 

It cannot be that the other 49% just say "we will do whatever we want to do. we didnt elect him -- we think he's a fool and doesnt know what he's doing"

Even the other 49% are bound to accept him as President and follow his decisions.

It is a matter of protocol not personal opinion.

I think she was right to resign.  There is no point in being a decision maker if people are going to over ride your decisions.

Yes tinoo.. but I do not think she resigned because they did not obey her, 

she resigned because , she believed they are heartless and it was a way of telling them off. 

To show them the mirror and I am glad she did what she did. 

But she certainly did not quit, because they didn' t listen to her. 

Originally posted by Suchi-NivReniac

Yes tinoo.. but I do not think she resigned because they did not obey her, 

she resigned because , she believed they are heartless and it was a way of telling them off. 

To show them the mirror and I am glad she did what she did. 

But she certainly did not quit, because they didn' t listen to her. 

so anandi is a mukhota remover too? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Lol tinoo

Waiting for tomorrow's episode. Lol taurine will change the topic and will succeed in hiding about her trip to jetsar and will us mukhota removers gain points...