teenagers and kids (Page 2)

Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 28 April 2006 at 7:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sowmyaa

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Originally posted by Traveller

its the childs inborn nature that guides the way he behaves,and that cant realy be changed much..

I disagree here. How do you say a child is born with a certain nature
and can't be changed. Its not true. An infant is like a clean slate.
Its the enviorment, circumstances, upbringing that moulds a child in
his nature.

Aparna, I think I agree with Traveller upto certain extend. Child when born does have certain nature, characterstics in him. There are book you read about child, parenting, and information teachers and pediatritian study..50% of child's personality is passed through genes...yes, 50%...cranky child, fussy child, anger, certain things comes with them when they are born and their enviorment does not give them that. I was amazed when I read some studies and compared with my child and other childrens. Like I treat same to my 1 month child but he/she is different than my neighbour's 1 month child. They react differently. Infant tobe frank is not a clean state.

Yes, I agree enviornment, cirucmstances, upbringing does affect them on later stage of their life...but initially if you see some infant are content some are hyperactive, some are cranky, some respond in anger if attention not given.

child cannot be changed much, i would say we can try to change them little...but what i read with studies, that dont try to change your child..try to change "your" method depending upon each child ...and they will change in long run. Like my little one when i teach her she does not want to "learn" from us..it's her ego... deal her differently...not like other kids...'coz she is different. Try not to look into her eyes when teaching, try to sit in same floor in same height and behind her back and teach her ...let her ego not come in between... i think you cannot change them much i agree, you have to change your way of dealing.

I read this book and i'll pass on name when i have but you will be amazed with their study where they say parents have no role in their molding. 50% is genetic and rest in environment. though i would not buy everything author says, but it does make you think.

hmmmm fascinating. *thinking smiley* Is it really 50% thats genetic ?? That high ???Confused
sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 28 April 2006 at 9:20am | IP Logged
yes..i'll get that name and author to you. But I think there are so many theories that I don't want to buy everything author says...but then some things with good reasoning and when you see practical examples in your life it does make you wonder.
Traveller Senior Member
Traveller
Traveller

Posted: 29 April 2006 at 12:14am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sowmyaa

its the childs inborn nature that guides the way he behaves,and that cant realy be changed much..

I disagree here. How do you say a child is born with a certain nature
and can't be changed. Its not true. An infant is like a clean slate.
Its the enviorment, circumstances, upbringing that moulds a child in
his nature.

Aparna, I think I agree with Traveller upto certain extend. Child when born does have certain nature, characterstics in him. There are book you read about child, parenting, and information teachers and pediatritian study..50% of child's personality is passed through genes...yes, 50%...cranky child, fussy child, anger, certain things comes with them when they are born and their enviorment does not give them that. I was amazed when I read some studies and compared with my child and other childrens. Like I treat same to my 1 month child but he/she is different than my neighbour's 1 month child. They react differently. Infant tobe frank is not a clean state.

Yes, I agree enviornment, cirucmstances, upbringing does affect them on later stage of their life...but initially if you see some infant are content some are hyperactive, some are cranky, some respond in anger if attention not given.

child cannot be changed much, i would say we can try to change them little...but what i read with studies, that dont try to change your child..try to change "your" method depending upon each child ...and they will change in long run. Like my little one when i teach her she does not want to "learn" from us..it's her ego... deal her differently...not like other kids...'coz she is different. Try not to look into her eyes when teaching, try to sit in same floor in same height and behind her back and teach her ...let her ego not come in between... i think you cannot change them much i agree, you have to change your way of dealing.

I read this book and i'll pass on name when i have but you will be amazed with their study where they say parents have no role in their molding. 50% is genetic and rest in environment. though i would not buy everything author says, but it does make you think.

i totaly agree with u sowmyaa when u say that its the parents who need to change their way of teaching a child because obviously u can impose a drastic change on the child...only to an extent by the upbringing...

Traveller Senior Member
Traveller
Traveller

Posted: 29 April 2006 at 12:28am | IP Logged

I disagree here. How do you say a child is born with a certain nature and can't be changed. Its not true. An infant is like a clean slate. Its the enviorment, circumstances, upbringing that moulds a child in his nature.

yes maybe an infant can be moulded according to the upbringing and environment but a part of him will still retain the genetic nature and characteristics that he has been endowed with from birth..for example a child may be very religious even tho the family is not that religious and the family cant do much to change that...im saying this because my cousin brother is exactly like that..he is all of 6  and he recites a whole lot of religious songs just by hearing them on tv...and he walks to the temple close to his house and goes and assists them in conducting the pujas and everything.....my whole family is surprised with his devotion coz none of his family members are like that....

MNMS Goldie
MNMS
MNMS

Posted: 29 April 2006 at 2:22am | IP Logged
Now this is something my mom repeats again n again :the personality of a person depends on his envoironment (upbringing) and his inner nature (wht we r referring to as genes).... ( sowmyaa di... BTW u talk exactly like my mom in this matter!! LOL )... My mom compares me from my elder sisters.. according to her.. my elder sisters were sweet cute bubbly obedient babies.. which everybody wishes to have Embarrassed .. while i was a "tornado" baby Confused (mom calls me that way LOL )... she says that siblings r ought to b different.. coz of their different natures. though their parents, upbringing, envoironment is the same yet the nature of babies definately differs... wht to call for anything else, my sisters who r having exact difference of 5 yrs b/w them... also share huge differences in their natures even when they both r born in the same month..same date.. same time.. same parents.. same upbringing.. almost everything same LOL !!

Go to top