Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

eijaz_anita4eva

eijaz_anita4eva

Posted: 24 April 2006 at 3:46pm | IP Logged
70%-80% of teenagers and kids nowadays mess around while they are supposed to be learning.
30%-20% of teenagers and kids are learning and not messing around.

is it the parents fault?
do they pay more attention to their childrens?
meaning being strict on them,
punishing them more.
checking if the have done their homework ect,ect.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "teenagers and kids" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Angeleyes 2

IF-Sizzlerz

Angeleyes 2

Posted: 24 April 2006 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
I wouldn't blame the parents for wat the kids are doing. Some kids just wana mess around with their life while others are looking for their future

Munise

Goldie

Munise

Posted: 24 April 2006 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
i think the parents are too blame to a certain extent, cos its their job to guide there kids.

i'd say im part of the majority, but if my parents wished it i could be the minority. my parents expect me be like my big sis and put my head down and study, but i'm not so they dont really concern themselves too much about what i do!! that why at 2:14am im on here Embarrassed

so yeah, to a certain degree i do hold my parents responsible- they've never been strict with me and never have told me to do my hw which i took advantage of Embarrassed

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 24 April 2006 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Its definatly the parents who are responsible for raising the kids and providing postive influence and guidance. Also the teachers share a responsibility in being a guide. But the maximum weight of the guidance lies on the parents shoulder.

ur_luv

Groupbie

ur_luv

Posted: 25 April 2006 at 10:35am | IP Logged
parents at a point are responsible for their children but many times its just others who have negative influences on the kids/ teenagers.

Traveller

Traveller

Posted: 28 April 2006 at 6:45am | IP Logged
i think there are a variety of factors that determine the general behaviour of the child/teenager.firstly its the family attitude,the freedom that is allowed to the child ,i think freedom is a very important factor that makes or breaks the childs personality,if hes given too much freedom then he tends to misuse it..another thing that influences them are the peer group,i think its very important to have the right set of friends..a person may be an ace at his studies but once he gets into the wrong kinda company everything may be ruined...so rite from the beginning parents must keep a watch on the kind of friends the child is making...
last but not the least its the childs inborn nature that guides the way he behaves,and that cant realy be changed much..

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 28 April 2006 at 7:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Traveller

its the childs inborn nature that guides the way he behaves,and that cant realy be changed much..

I disagree here. How do you say a child is born with a certain nature and can't be changed. Its not true. An infant is like a clean slate. Its the enviorment, circumstances, upbringing that moulds a child in his nature.

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 28 April 2006 at 7:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Originally posted by Traveller

its the childs inborn nature that guides the way he behaves,and that cant realy be changed much..

I disagree here. How do you say a child is born with a certain nature
and can't be changed. Its not true. An infant is like a clean slate.
Its the enviorment, circumstances, upbringing that moulds a child in
his nature.

Aparna, I think I agree with Traveller upto certain extend. Child when born does have certain nature, characterstics in him. There are book you read about child, parenting, and information teachers and pediatritian study..50% of child's personality is passed through genes...yes, 50%...cranky child, fussy child, anger, certain things comes with them when they are born and their enviorment does not give them that. I was amazed when I read some studies and compared with my child and other childrens. Like I treat same to my 1 month child but he/she is different than my neighbour's 1 month child. They react differently. Infant tobe frank is not a clean state.

Yes, I agree enviornment, cirucmstances, upbringing does affect them on later stage of their life...but initially if you see some infant are content some are hyperactive, some are cranky, some respond in anger if attention not given.

child cannot be changed much, i would say we can try to change them little...but what i read with studies, that dont try to change your child..try to change "your" method depending upon each child ...and they will change in long run. Like my little one when i teach her she does not want to "learn" from us..it's her ego... deal her differently...not like other kids...'coz she is different. Try not to look into her eyes when teaching, try to sit in same floor in same height and behind her back and teach her ...let her ego not come in between... i think you cannot change them much i agree, you have to change your way of dealing.

I read this book and i'll pass on name when i have but you will be amazed with their study where they say parents have no role in their molding. 50% is genetic and rest in environment. though i would not buy everything author says, but it does make you think.

Edited by sowmyaa - 28 April 2006 at 7:28am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top