Bade Acche Laggte Hai

Your channel preference says a lot about you

saisamanvi thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Channels you enjoy watching speak volumes about your personality. Here's how

Whether it's respite from a hectic day at work, or a sad excuse for a social life, or a refuge from daily chores and nagging, what you flip on to watch in your time-out says a surprising lot about you. Your fixation towards a certain sort of programming can reveal interesting insights into your personality type, according to a study conducted by a US-based media research company.

Our experts, clinical psychologist and psychotherapist Varkha Chulani and psychologist Seema Hingorrany, deduce traits associated certain types of programming to help you figure where your TRP stands. Sports and music genres have been omitted owing to their generic appeal across masses.

Soaps
Family bonds and relationships are top priority for you. If serials such as Bade Achhe Lagte Hain, Kuch toh Log Kahenge or Pavitra Rishta rock your world, you can be accused of being a die-hard romantic. Being overly sensitive to others emotions can make you appear timid and docile at times. High on sympathy, you are emotionally expressive. Watching these serials gives you comfort and you often use these serials to get ideas about resolving a problem in your own life.

Young men who watch soaps are suspect mama's boys who tow the family line and are unlikely to rebel.

Reality shows
If you're hooked to over-the-top melodramatic reality shows, you will seldom find others interesting enough. You make for an inquisitive, curious person with a competitive streak hidden within. Just like your shows of choice tend to be slightly aggressive and melodramatic at times. If you happen to bang your car into someone else's on the road, chances are, you'll be the first to jump out and create a scene. Taking blame isn't your strong suit, and you are known to derive vicarious pleasure watching the lives of other people. Loud and boisterous, you're not the first to show sympathy either. Watching shows such as Roadies, Emotional Atyachar and Big Boss, makes you feel less guilty about the shortcomings in your own life.

Travel and cookery
Instead of drooling over Nigella Lawson, you actually watch the show to learn good cooking. Travel shows fire up the explorer in you, with your mind ticking away, trying to find a way to get yourself there. A highly creative person, you love life pretty much as it is. You believe in pushing limits and like experimenting. Not big on cribbing or sulking, you're quick to get people out of depression. The life of any party.

Educational
You can be accused of being a documentary-junkie. Channels such as National Geographic, Discovery, Animal Planet and History are your fix. Watching anything else on TV feels like a waste of time. Not big on parties, you have an intense personality and a clear agenda to learn more in life. Knowledge-based on facts is fuel for your mind. You are intelligent and may look down upon people who watch mindless shows. In the pursuit of perfection, you have a fundamental need to go ahead of yourself. Borderline introvert, you can become asocial whenever you need to introspect.

Crime or thrillers
Shows like CID, CSI, Dexter and Castle fascinate you.You are no dull cow. Reading between the lines comes naturally to you. You believe you have been gifted with a third eye. You are constantly looking to challenge yourself, be it at work or play. You are an extrovert and like to be a step ahead of others. Compared to the average Joe, you are more aware and alert about whats happening around you. You don't buy theories easily and don't gossip. You only trust first hand information.

Sitcoms
A big hit with most, light-hearted easy-watching sitcoms such as Sex and the City, Friends, Big Bang Theory, Two and Half Men, Mad Men and the likes appeal to your liberal lifestyle and blend with your broad-minded ideology. Having achieved a certain status and financial stability in life, you believe in individual freedom and give enough breathing space to your partner. You don't mind treating yourself well. You may still have some unfulfilled dreams and are unable to make deep connections with people.

Paranormal or horror
Hungry for adventure, you have an intrinsic need to explore the unknown. With your esoteric interests, if an idea interests you, you are likely to investigate it till you find convincing answers. You often employ your imagination to look for answers which are beyond rationale. However, you may get easily carried away by data which appeals to you but cannot be verified. This makes you gullible, easily influenced and vulnerable. You love to watch stories of reincarnation, ghosts and vampires or subjects dealing with the supernatural.

Cartoons
Adults who love to watch cartoons are looking for a quick escape from the hard reality of their times. Watching cartoons helps them revisit their childhood and nurture their inner child, reflecting a strong belief in simplicity and innocence. You work hard in life and have a good sense of humour.

News of the world
This is for people who are hooked to the 'breaking news' phenomenon. You have an active thought process and like to indulge in discussions with intense intellectual stimulation. You may get over-analytical at times and flaunt your intelligence; want to be seen, heard and respected. Sometimes when you get excited, you don't listen to others and miss their point.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SweetEtika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
That is good article never heard that soaps can be to useful . B-)
thanks sai .
rnvdbhavani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing!!!😊 ya the new generation is missing all d feelings n how to react n we can learn through these...👏 Edited by rnvdbhavani - 12 years ago
hbuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
thnx 4 sharing...yups its true...
sadffi thumbnail
Thnx for sharing..
Great article...
haribol79 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Interesting to think
about..

thanks for sharing Sai
avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Thanks Sai for this interesting article...If I were to analyse myself with this article I  would come under the first category...Soaps but there's an analytical mind in me which analyses , dissects , empathises ,curious, eager to learn etc...😃Think have to split my brain into different compartments to watch different channels😃
saisamanvi thumbnail
Originally posted by: avivakirk

Thanks Sai for this interesting article...If I were to analyse myself with this article I  would come under the first category...Soaps but there's an analytical mind in me which analyses , dissects , empathises ,curious, eager to learn etc...😃Think have to split my brain into different compartments to watch different channels😃

well said aviva...even i am also come under the  first category
saniya9919 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the interesting article Sai.