BV 6th January 2012 Written Update - COMPLETE - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Phoolan devi...the bandit...she was raped and paraded naked in her village by thakurs. She then avenged this by killing all upper caste men. Seriously, even if they didn't believe Anandi, they could have handed over the woman to the police, but no, the men instead wanted to strip her off all her dignity without even having proof of her crime
Originally posted by iloveidiotbox

Phoolan devi...the bandit...she was raped and paraded naked in her village by thakurs. She then avenged this by killing all upper caste men. Seriously, even if they didn't believe Anandi, they could have handed over the woman to the police, but no, the men instead wanted to strip her off all her dignity without even having proof of her crime

OMG!!! they did this to her, seriously i get they are illeterate and everything but still to do such things its atrocious and inhumane, this lady is someone's mother, daughter, sister, wife (or was maybe)
Originally posted by Illyria

OMG!!! they did this to her, seriously i get they are illeterate and everything but still to do such things its atrocious and inhumane, this lady is someone's mother, daughter, sister, wife (or was maybe)

On the other hand, that is only part of the reason she turned out to be a bandit, but yes, it is sad that people are punished for no rhyme or reason just because they are not "normal". It appears the lady may have lost a baby/family, so she has become a little mad and likes talking to children who remind her of her past. But since she does not appear normal and looks sort of creepy, people have made her out to be a witch. 

Its good that BV is showing this issue, but its frustrating to watch people being so dense.
thanks for the update! 

yes i agree didn't like what villagers have done today and blaming A as usual. 

its a tough challenge as a sarpanch. 
That kid must be hiding in his own house and these supersticious villagers are beating up a poor woman..How easy it is to label a helpless woman as daayan,no one  listens to the rational voice and mob mentality takes over..
 .It's so easy for them to declare her as a daayan, beat her,plan to burn her ,parade her naked..
Good that BV CVs had the courage to show this track-its hard to watch, but this is the sad reality in many rural areas,there are so many incidents reported ..i remember this one that happened in jharkhand ðŸ˜µ

Originally posted by woman11

<font color="#0000FF">Yes Juleka, they are very much alive in many parts of "modern" India. Have a look at this article:

http://www.care2.com/causes/witch-hunts-on-the-rise-in-rural-india.html</font>

Thanks for the article antara...ma village is in konkan side of india n i very well know how people r still tangled in this blackmagic n witchcraft stuff...its very sad n unfortunate tht people still mistreat innocent women on the name of witches...too bad.. 🤢 🤢 😭
Thanks...

Edited by swetha_ch - 12 years ago