Posted: 12 years ago
'Ello guys 🤗 I penned another Oneshot on ArHi xD Though they are a L'il OOC in this one, Hope you guys like it :) <3

Pardon if any errors regarding the backdrop i.e. Rajasthan, gathered all of it from TV/Movies.
The Black Kite

The summer wind came blowing in, making her honey brown locks caress her soft cheeks. She smiled as she looked on at the colourful kites soaring high in the sky, pushing the strands of hair away from her eyes as she tucked them behind her ear.
'Khushi!' called an excited Payal as she came running with a Pink Kite and thread in her hand. A huge grin spread across Khushi's face as she took the kite from her Di, Pink was her favourite colour. Together they hastened to tie the thread to the Kite and jumped in joy as the Kite took it's flight, with Payal holding the back(Manja) and Khushi directing the movements of the Pink reason of joy. As together they explored new horizons with hopeful eyes, the distance between the kite and the dull golden brown ground grew by multiple folds with every movement from Khushi's hand. Hours passed as they switched places now and then, a tired Payal sighed saying she had enough of the fun. Khushi sighed and pulled back the string, letting Payal retreat downstairs, hoping herself to stay a little longer under the wide blue sky, the other kites had retreated too, as the sun was hours from setting down, the dull golden grass heaved her heart as she wished for a hint of the lovely nature green. With not a bird in sight nor any child playing around, Khushi sighed as she wondered what she was doing here, in this warm city of Rajasthan. She sighed once again as she glanced down at her dark navy blue Anarkali dress, with square mirrors among the cotton thread designs and lovely V-neck embelishments around her collar, a gift from his fiance. As she found herself lost in the memories of her engagement ceremony that took place last night, the summer wind continued to gush past her making her hair sway around her shoulders back and forth, she pushed them back as she placed her elbow at the brown brick walls of the Palace-like Hotel.
With a thoughtful gaze she stared at the House of the Raizada's visible from the terrace of the Hotel she was staying in, their house was a Real Palace, even the inmates dressed like Royal's. The inmates- she heaved a sigh once again, her future in-laws.
A Black Kite slowly rose from the high walls of the Palace, Khushi frowned as she stared in wonder at the Black Kite. She stood on her tip-toes longing to see who controlled the Kite, ignoring the tug in her heart which told her it was Him.
A Black Kite! Black!?
She sighed disappointed as the Walls of the Raizada Halls protected the house from unwanted eyes. Curiosity got the better of her as with a resolve she hurried downstairs making a point to visit the Palace.
Her anklet chimed making her smile as she rushed with hurried footsteps, crushing the dull brown grass under her feet, as the sand went hither, her dark blue dupatta flying behind her as she held it in place with one hand.
The watchman at the main gate bowed towards her, she nodded catching her breath as she entered the Palace. The Great Hall was deserted, it was big enough for her to play Kho Kho with the Raizada and Gupta family together, she spotted the stairs and climbed two at once, not wanting to miss out on the holder and controller of the Black Kite.
As she entered the terrace, soft tinkling laughter fell in her ears, she followed the source and spotted Anjali holding the Manja, with her gut-feeling coming true- Him - Arnav Singh Raizada controlling the thread of the Kite, with determined eyes on it's flight. Not letting it soar too high nor letting it sway to the sides.
Anjali turned feeling Khushi's presence her multi-coloured Lehenga shining under the sun, a smile as vibrant as her dress spread across her face as she welcomed her to their abode.
'Khushi! you here?'
Arnav's back stiffened as he gazed at her sideways, he once again returned to control the Kite, sporting a crisp white shirt,with a pair of Black trousers and vest.

'Anjali, Did you see my pink kite take it's flight?' Khushi asked with a smile feeling unwelcomed by Arnav's stiff posture yet unable to ignore Anjali's warm smile.
'That Pink Kite was yours?' Anjali gaped in surprise. Khushi nodded smiling all the while as she stepped by her side.
'Ofcourse i saw it, i was watching for over an hour, then i asked chhote to get me a Kite too!' Anjali explained in a childlike manner.
'Uh yeah' Khushi mumbled softly as she glanced at Arnav once again.
'But look he got me a black Kite' Anjali frowned as she stared at the Kite with distaste. 'Seriously Khushi! Black!'
Khushi nodded her face warming up as she felt Arnav's gaze on her.
'You here?' Arnav finally asked though seeming uninterested.
'I saw the Black Kite taking flight from the terrace, i wanted to see whom did it belong to' Said Khushi truthfully.
'Oh it's gotten people curious' Anjali giggled. 'Chhote was telling me why he bought a Black Kite, really i don't believe him! He is Crazy! All the Best Khushi, you have to endure him all your life'
Khushi felt her face warm up alarmingly as Anjali turned away to tease Arnav further.
A few minutes passed as Khushi wondered whether she should just leave or stay back.
Anjali nudged her side and handed her the Manja with a teasing wink, as she nodded towards Arnav. Khushi gaped giving the Manja back to her.
'Di stay still' Arnav muttered annoyed. Anjali cupped her mouth to avoid the fit of giggles that wanted to escape, she waved a goodbye at Khushi as she retreated downstairs.
'Di Hold tight' Arnav commanded as he controlled the Kite from swaying away to the side.
'Okay Let go Di' said Arnav as he started to let the Kite take it's flight. He glimpsed sideways unable to spot Khushi, he decided she had left already and sighed relaxing once again.
'Di don't you find Khushi a little too wierd?' he asked pulling back the string to get the Kite down. 'I mean she's usually so happy, but when i come infront of her it's like she has been prisoned, it's annoying'
 Khushi glared at him her eyes burning as she looked away finding him a bit too rude. This is how he talked about her, what he thought about her!? Tears threatened to fall from her eyes as she blinked them away. Things couldn't get worse, she was in a dull city of Rajasthan where everything was a different shade of Brown with no green, and then there was her fiance' - a stoic and practical man who seemed to have no respect for her. Where was her world leading to? Where was life heading? 
Arnav now holding the Kite in his hand was surprised as he turned to find a hesitant Khushi holding the Manja, with hurtful eyes as she gazed fixedly at her feet.
'Oh' came out his response as he stared at her.
Khushi felt her throat had constricted as neither could she breath out a word or take a gulp of fresh air. She felt hopeless under Arnav's gaze, who seemed to be unable to come up with any words himself.
A strong gush of summer wind came blowing in, as the strands of her hair came untucked, Khushi let them fall on her face, happy to have her face hidden, she turned to the side, hoping to leave as she stepped away only to be stopped by a tugging force, she glanced at the Manja in her hand and the thread stretching between them, she covered the little distance between them as she rolled the thread around the Manja. With Arnav's eyes carefully observing her, guilt written all over his face.

Khushi tucked her hair behind her ear and gathered a little courage as she looked up at him, and held the Manja out for him to take. 'I am sorry, i didn't mean to be ..i mean..annoy you or-' she explained with a tiny shrug as her face burned in embarassment. What was she saying! She felt like banging her head on the wall.
Arnav blinked taking the Manja from her, thinking through his words as he spoke.
'No it's not that..I mean'
Khushi nodded as she glanced at the Black Kite once again. She turned to leave and hated the chime that issued from her anklet, she wished for a silent departure. Hurt by the lack of a sorry for his hurtful words, Khushi took a deep breath and felt her eyes sting.
'Wait!' Arnav called.
Khushi stopped and slowly turned to look at him, he hadn't moved from his place, rather stood in his firm posture, not an inch of worry or dismay on his face. He beckoned her to join him and so she did as she fumbled on her way as she stepped back towards him. Why was it that when he would watch her, she would make the most stupid mistakes! Find it hard to smile, feel so suffocated. He would obviously think she was crazy.
'Would you like to know?' he asked sounding unsure.
Khushi stared at him confused at his question.
'About the Black Kite?' Arnav clarified.
Khushi shrugged and smiled a little 'Only if you wish to tell me'
Arnav nodded and glanced at the Black Kite placing it at the side table straightening as he gazed at the setting sun. Khushi followed his gaze and waited for him to say something.

'I Like Black, It's different. Never-changing.'
Khushi turned to him, her eyes saying it out bluntly 'Are you mad?'
An amused smirk came on Arnav's lips as he met Khushi's eyes. 'Just Kidding' he shook his head 'Di was pestering me to buy one, it was my way of teasing her back. She loves colours'

Khushi's face broke into a beautiful smile as Arnav continued to smile too. The two stood in silence, Khushi sighed breaking the awkward moment.
'I should leave now' she said.
Arnav nodded as he stared at the sky as it grew dark.
'Khushi' he said realising it was the first time he was addressing to her with her first name. 'I am sorry. I think it sounded bad earlier, i didn't mean it that way' 
'It's okie' Khushi breathed surprised that Arnav had apologized. 
'It's not' said Arnav discarding her words. 'You shouldn't change...around me'
'What?' she asked surprised.
'Yeah, i mean are you like that? or are you the one who chirps around like a free bird, It's tough to figure you out.'
'Trust me, it's the same here' Khushi replied meekly.
'How is that?' Arnav asked.
'You are being so nice, but then you are- i mean it's like i don't know you'
'Well then, let's sort things out' Arnav smiled holding out his hand, a welcoming gesture for a future he wished to give her.
Khushi smiled and shook his hand accepting his warm invitation into his life.
'All of it seems so much better now' Khushi smiled as she felt more relaxed. Arnav scared her, she had admitted that to herself, but today she could see a friend in him. Maybe things wouldn't be all too bad with him, Maybe Life was afterall heading towards a Bright future.
'Much better' Arnav nodded at his to-be-wife. 
''It's dark outside' he said as he gazed at the sky 'Let me drop you back to the Hotel'
Khushi nodded accepting his gesture as the two of them retreated back downstairs.

x-x-x

So was it disappointing?  Do let me know and yeah Hit the like tab only if it was worth a read 😳

Lots of Love
Zee :)
Edited by TheWandmaker - 12 years ago

Res

*Edited*

I know you might be really pissed off with me for reserving the first spot and never coming back! 

Well that doesn't change the fact that I'm first...😆😆😆

I love your writing, it always makes me smile, I don't know why. So, thanks a lot for posting this beautiful piece of writing. It was so unique and the concept is really out of the world. 

I loved it a lot. Please surprise us with such OSs often. You don't write often but I'd simply adore to read more from you...😳

Edited by the_rain - 12 years ago
Res! Thanks for the pm! 🤗Edited by ---Pari--- - 12 years ago
That was sooo cute!!!!!  loved it.

Many thanks for PM

very nice and well written

That was Awesome.👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
I loved it. So nice.
different, but very nicly written. i like it. thanks for the pm
xxx
This was a good read... Im being greedy but please continue 😛
Very interestin plot..waitin for ur next update.!:):)