Virat Kohli fined 50% match fees for showing midd

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

she_ratchet

IF-Rockerz

she_ratchet

Posted: 05 January 2012 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Direct Link to Article

Indian batsman Virat Kohli has been fined 50% of his match fees for showing a middle finger to a section of the crowd while fielding on the second day of the second Test at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

International Cricket Council (ICC) Match Referee Ranjan Madugalle summoned Kohli before the start of third day's play and put a level two charge on him for the obscene gesture to the crowd.

Indian team manager Shivlal Yadav accompanied Kohli to the hearing where the batsman pleaded guilty.

"This morning we received a notice from the match referee that level two charges have been framed at Virat Kohli, and the matter has been sorted," Indian spokesman G.S. Walia said.

Kohli justified his indecent gesture by tweeting that the a section of the crowd said the "worst things" about his family as he was fielding on the boundary. India had a long fielding on day two when Australia amassed 366 runs.

Kohli found a supporter in England batsman Kevin Pietersenfor his behaviour.

"ha ha ha ha ha!!! Welcome to Australia buddy!!," Pietersen wrote.

He went on to add that Australian crowds don't even spare their own cricketers and start abusing them if they are struggling on the field.

Okay, so I'm like  HUGE fan of VK and I so agree with what he did! HE did the RIGHT THING! Alot of people are blabbing about him doing the wrong thing but guys think about it; if someone were the say something about you & your family I'M SURE IT WOULD set you off! and as a person, it did to Virat! YOU GOO BOY(: i'm with you 101% always<3 how many of us here agree?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-RageOfAngelz-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Virat Kohli fined 50% match fees for showing midd" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-RageOfAngelz-

IF-Sizzlerz

-RageOfAngelz-

Posted: 06 January 2012 at 2:42am | IP Logged
Shilpu-Yepp,I saw this !! Agree from a moralistic POV or whatever,keeping in mind that He is a international level player et al,he shouldn't be using such gestures,but what the rowdy crowd was to him was definitely unacceptable..Stern Smile  
            And its not just about supporting VK or anything,He did a wrong thing there,But he got  infuriated and that was coz the crowd behaved immaturely with him.You DON'T name-call or abuse your family when its a frigging MATCH only.Its alright,He said he won't be repeating it-But then,the Aussie crowd IS to be blamed for it equally. and its not like Kohli escaped unscathed,he got fined for it..So,justice served..

Debzy :) 

she_ratchet

she_ratchet

IF-Rockerz

she_ratchet

Posted: 06 January 2012 at 5:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dr_death999

@OP : completely disagree with you on this... I do understand though that since VK is a darling to gals you have a soft corner for him:)

The crowds have every right to say what they want... They pay good money to watch tough competition between bat&ball... And that lethargic Indian Team were certainly not providing it...

But him being a Professional should never have stooped so low... His actions were a disgrace to the Gentlemen's game and a nation in which 1.2 billion breaths treat the sport he plays like a religion

50% match fees would be like a weeks pocket money for him... Should've been banned for 2 matches at least!

excuse me but it's just not about liking. it's about if it happened with another cricketer i would feel the same cuz we all can easily say "oh he should have gotten charged more" or whatever, but what did he do WRONG?! use a foul signal? so what?! hundreds of people do it these days..  the crowd i mean what crap:@@@ who cares about how much they pay to get themselves a seat?! it doesn't matter! your not there to insult another person's family no matter who it is!! it's simply embarrassing! i'd like someone to be in his shoes now and see.. and about your point "stooped low" well some people are hotheaded and as SAID in all articles, he'd been distracted and been listening to those comments from the people in the stands for QUITEE a while until he rose his finger! Stern Smile he got annoyed! i would :S and they were passing CRAPPY comments and this proves they are jobless people cuz once they see "our team is losing" it's time to insult the opposite players:@@

she_ratchet

IF-Rockerz

she_ratchet

Posted: 06 January 2012 at 5:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Debzyy-

Shilpu-Yepp,I saw this !! Agree from a moralistic POV or whatever,keeping in mind that He is a international level player et al,he shouldn't be using such gestures,but what the rowdy crowd was to him was definitely unacceptable..Stern Smile  
            And its not just about supporting VK or anything,He did a wrong thing there,But he got  infuriated and that was coz the crowd behaved immaturely with him.You DON'T name-call or abuse your family when its a frigging MATCH only.Its alright,He said he won't be repeating it-But then,the Aussie crowd IS to be blamed for it equally. and its not like Kohli escaped unscathed,he got fined for it..So,justice served..

Debzy :) 

DEBBU! thank you exactly what i mean .. i just feel bad for him:@ poor boy had to listen to such crap!!

-RageOfAngelz-

sunnyp1414

IF-Dazzler

sunnyp1414

Posted: 06 January 2012 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Its just not OZ crowd where ever you go you will find such bad elements in crowd but players have to keep control. Why its always sais that to beat a team in home conditions is difficult. Its just not pitches and ground according to home team but also huge home crowd backing them up and trying there best to break concentration and mentally disturb opposition.  Its same every where. I was amused what Kevin Pietersen said about OZ crowd. England crowd is also no good.  Crowd will play role in match and no one can stop them. Every player has to go through it some loose control at some point but soon learn they are not playing against just 11 players on filed but mentally against crowd as well. Some times players has to cope up with boos from their own home crowd. 

Clarke has to hear few boos in first test against New Zealand. (His fault was nothing but people had not accepted him as captain, Thankfully now he gained some respect from crowd).

Post Reply New Post

Go to top