Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai
Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai

Balaji Soap for Amit Tandon

Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 12 April 2005 at 2:51am | IP Logged

Amit Tandon
As an Indian Idol participant, Amit Tandon earned more accolades for his looks than his singing talent. Farah Khan also praised his good looks, saying he would do well in films.

Well Tandon hasn't set his sights on Bollywood just yet, but he will make his acting debut on the small screen.

It's hard to miss his American accent when he talks, but if you listen well and take him for what he says, the guy does come across as someone who genuinely wants to make it as an actor.

Here's finding out what Amit Tandon is doing in Sony's romantic drama — Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai.

What's your role in Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai?
I play Prithvi, who joins the same music academy where Kripa (Neha Bamb) is studying. He instantly falls in love with her, but doesn't express his feelings to her. I would say he is the exact opposite of Angad (Mohammed Iqbal Khan). 

While Angad is expressive about his love, Prithvi chooses to be silent. He's like a support system to her.

You started off as a VJ, and then entered Indian Idol to become a singer. Now you are making your debut as an actor. Which excites you the most?
At the moment it is acting. I am all set to give my all for the show. Yes, I did want to be a singer and get my album out, but right now the focus is more on being an actor. Also, I have the advantage of being able to sing my own songs for the serial.

Weren't you supposed to sing the title song for the show?
Yes. Initially, I was slated to record it, but people were of the opinion that it would look weird for me to sing a song for Angad. It would be his face and my voice, and later on it could clash with the songs I do for Prithvi. However, I would like to sing on the show. I hope I get the chance.

You have a very strong American accent, was it a problem?
I have been in the US for a long time, which is why my English has a heavy accent. But that doesn't mean I am bad at Hindi. People find it hard to believe that a guy with such a strong accent can speak fluent Hindi. When you watch the show, you will realise what I'm saying.

Were you dating Idol contestant Priyanka Venkateshwara?
This has been completely blown out of proportion. She is a very sweet girl, and I had a good time singing with her on the show.

There's nothing more to that than the fact that we were good friends. Of course, thanks to her walking out, I made it in the final round.

chillyflakes Senior Member
chillyflakes
chillyflakes

Posted: 12 April 2005 at 3:28am | IP Logged

Aww, he sounds so cute. Thnx for the post Barbie! So, now we are pretty sure that the guy Kripa will garland would be Prithvi and not Angad, and also what would Angad do at the Academy, he is already an established star!

I liked what Amit describes of his character, ''The Silent Support System of Kripa''.......poor guy! I feel bad for him already, but Angad is our hero and he has to get the girl in the end, however bad he isWink

I am sure Amit will do a superb job of Prithvi, he seems tailor made for it!

Chilly!

Edited by chillyflakes - 12 April 2005 at 3:40am
romaila IF-Addictz
romaila
romaila

Posted: 12 April 2005 at 7:44am | IP Logged
thanx for sharing
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top