Condolences (Wednesday)

HeadOverHeels thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Here's my review for today.

I didn't watch the show at it's air time!! So, my apologies to all the people who promoted Wednesday as an upcoming dhamaka episode in every.single.rant. thread on the forum the last two days, but guys, there is optimism and there is downright denial.

I watched a little bit of it on YouTube just now, and...

1. The leads deserve the break they've been given. In fact, I say give them more time off to recoup from the mess of episodes they've had to shoot over the last so many weeks. It must have been exhausting acting out inconsistent scenes.

2. Still, that in NO way excuses poor episode after poor episode. Air a re-run, or promos for 20 minutes, but for heaven's sake, if you are going to air an episode, don't air crap!

3. The "I'm sorry" by the show's director speaks VOLUMES for the mess this show has become. We know it, and he knows it too. If he had to apologize, then he is not confident that he has done right, and was very wrong to build up hopes all of last week, then deliver utter rubbish. Still, I don't agree with spamming his page to that extent, but it IS Facebook and the vast audience do have accounts of their own, each probably wanting to vent. And, since he does openly ask for viewers expectations, then that's what he's getting. If IF members collectively didn't post on his page, chances are hundreds of non-IF members will still post there. 

4. We can wait for the next Rabba Ve, and that will take care of MANY people's expectations, leaving many more still shaking our heads, wondering, hoping... Or not bothering with the show anymore.

5. Some reviews are just not worth the sarcastic/humorous effort. 😕

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I think why this uproar is because Lalith had set our expectations too high and being new year and all we expected so much. And all we got is duds after duds which is not going well with viewers.. I hope he learns his lesson and makes amends..that is much needed
I didn't even bother watching the episode but I definitely get what you mean about Lalit's status.

He posted it almost immediately after the episode finished airing in India, well before most people had written on his wall so he knew independently that the episode wouldn't be well received and something was wrong.

I just hope they learn from this and develop their stories better rather than just giving the audience another Rabba Ve moment to satisfy them momentarily.
momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I think Lalit Mohan sorely underestimated the mental capabilities and overestimated the appetite for shit of his audience.

Know your audience - writing 101.
Edited by momma1128 - 12 years ago
HeadOverHeels thumbnail

I think Lalit Mohan sorely underestimated the mental capabilities and overestimated the appetite for shit of his audience.

👏 👏 👏
Originally posted by: momma1128

Bingo!!!  Collateral damage done !!! And hence the spamming of msgs..
shubz1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Sorry part on Lalit's FB site, really tells a lot! 
Nrp77 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

I think it would have been more productive, had they done an episode that recaps the entire journey to date.  A year-end recap would have been well worth it this first week of the New Year.  Not only is it great for new viewers who want to know what's going on, but also for the regular audience who would get to relive the magic of the first 6 months via flashbacks...  All this, while the actors get to enjoy their hard-earned vacation.  A definite win-win situation. 

Oh well... Edited by Nrp77 - 12 years ago
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
I think Lalit's biggest mistake was promising viewers something big, instead almost a week has gone by and the episodes have failed to live upto expectations. He shouldn't have done that

As for Barun and Sanaya, as much as I missed them in today's episode I am all for them taking a much needed break.
amara23 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I'm sorry but I had to fast forward the entire episode, it was so boring!, perhaps I should just leave it for a few episodes and then get back to it to see if something has actually happened.