Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

moksha89

IF-Dazzler

moksha89

Posted: 04 January 2012 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
Hello All!

I usually do not make posts like this, but I felt compelled to after reading some recent topics created and comments made in the forum (one which was effectively shut down this morning -US time)...

I won't be long, but this is my viewpoint .. I'm sure many of you will agree..

First, if you look at this forum now, compared to when DEK first began, we are not creating multiple threads about Udayveer and being overly blunt about our preference of him as a male lead opposite Manyata.  Reasons for this could be, it's obvious from watching his well scripted scenes and delivered performance that he does not need his fans championing himself because his actions are speaking loud and clear.  Plus, from the lovely confirmation via twitter, we know that he is the endgame, so where are our frustrations lying?

The creator mentioned fans are impatient, that we are only looking towards the romance and not thinking about Manyata's feelings in the long run or her eventual transformation and how it will carry reprecussions and responsibilities for Manyata.  In my eyes, this is not too valid due to the scenes and dialogues that they are giving us.   (In fact it's only because of Griraj, Udayveer, Unnati, and Menaka that we are hearing about the political issues concerning the royals).

Our disappointment, not real rage, lies within the fact that the main tuggle of Manyata trying to keep her identity as Moniya lies within one person, Aakash.  He is the last thing she is hoping to hold on to and uses everyone else in her chawl as mere pawns.  Her sister has attention issues, but her main anger (recently) lies in Manyata trying to steal Uday.. why not show her relationship with her family more?  Why just show J as a childish brat worried about her Ken doll finally being taken away by his Barbie?  Then comes the manifestation of Manyata's carefree personality into an extreme characterization.  Yes, her world has been rocked but her naivety and childlike soul is not present anymore - instead they are victimizing her and making her act out like an manipulative girl with all the emotional blackmail.  

I hear that we must give the show patience since it's only been a month and a half but in DEK's world..it's only been a week Confused how is that logical or fair?  It's about time that the story starts progressing a little (how many times have we heard DS tell Manyata  "Hume yeh nahin pata, keh aapke saath kaise bhartav karna hai?")

I think threads criticizing Manyata's behavior and our lack of patience for it, and Aakash's role and our criticalness will vanish once they are given substantial backing.  I can find my post where I even said Aakash is fine as friend to help give Manyata clarity (since his nature is like water), but now they are overstretching those few carefree moments to make it some grandeur story, something epic.  I think they milked the cow for all its worth (whatever happened to Aakash's parents?  Why arent they taunting him for being friends with Soni & Chiki, and helping Amma).  A viewer will be patient but a viewer will not fill in the gaps themselves for the CVs to understand how one week equates to eternal love and struggle.  They need to give Aakash conviction (not just friendly and kind aptitude) because he is being projected as a nice guy, and that's it.  He will do what others say, and even in reality no one would settle for a partner that will pick everyone else's ideas and decisions over themselves. 

Thus, if it looks like forum members are taking their dose of "jungli billi" than why not?  we are going with our instincts & a show is meant to engage us.

what do you guys think?

Edited by moksha89 - 04 January 2012 at 1:47pm

The following 32 member(s) liked the above post:

nams4kananya2011renupreety1992Sara.KhanKajol17akshaayaniniiMamtaBhalfsona-Misek-prachurya--ANGEL--WhiteNights.-scarlett-LadyFlameIndigoBluesOmaRamdassprc_fan1minizzS.H.I.E.L.D.dreamyjennicejyoti06Kai.iqbalsloverRoyalLEO_Krrishutopia88..Amina.....navina..._Poulomi_-Priya01Badtameez_Dil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why this kolaveri di?" in Dekha Ek Khwaab forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Kajol17

Kajol17

Posted: 04 January 2012 at 8:14pm | IP Logged
Yeah, you are right. Clap I feel kinda bad now. Broken Heart Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

moksha89

OmaRamdass

IF-Rockerz

OmaRamdass

Posted: 04 January 2012 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
i agree with you and you know something?
For the first time since i have been watching this show - i am fed up with moniya's behavior - i have had enough Shocked.
Today's dancing was just terrible and totally unnecessary.
As a loyal viewer I am ready for some change in the storyline but i wont stop watching.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

udisha.eliza-Misek-moksha89WhiteNights.prc_fan1-Priya01_Poulomi_

moksha89

IF-Dazzler

moksha89

Posted: 04 January 2012 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kajpreet

Yeah, you are right. Clap I feel kinda bad now. Broken Heart Big smile

oh yaar! please don't feel bad!!  kis liye? trust me, when briraj said that it's been four days since Manyata has been in the house, it dawned on me that "wow, if it's been four days- everything is still fresh for manyata."  that still keeps me from getting really fed up with DEK. but a part of me got really irritated at the episode pacing ...they make things look like its been days but our ~1.5 months of loyalty amounts to only their one week Confused 
plus, if you read that same post which gave me courage to write a more assertive post - you would realize that your thoughts are substantial and not bash-worthy since that post was really making gross generalizations about all members in this forum.  it wasn't fair, especially with me knowing how this forum was before and how much it has changed now. plus, i hold all the members' post in high esteem - why should they be bashed for their own desires concerning DEK? 

see you around the forum babes, and be active! your opinion matters Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Misek-dreamyjenniceOmaRamdassminizzS.H.I.E.L.D.Kai.

moksha89

IF-Dazzler

moksha89

Posted: 04 January 2012 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by OmaRamdass

For the first time since i have been watching this show - i am fed up with moniya's behavior - i have had enough Shocked.
As a loyal viewer I am ready for some change in the storyline but i wont stop watching.

i found her more tolerable today than yesterday ... today, she kept her actions and words on lock, and unlike yesterday -she didn't make everyone to look like her enemy and she their victim.  when she laughed with unnati, i thought, "you totally used unnati in your lies the day before .. and now you're joking around like she's your bff?" unnati is really very nice.  i think, today there were several key steps made in propelling the story line & i hope it continues. things like briraj playing his "father games," J for once alluding to her attention-issues, Uday saying that the time to play has now ended.  They just need to build on these things effectively.  

its these small pieces of hope & the time concept the CVs are utilizing that keeps me from getting too frustrated.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Misek-S.H.I.E.L.D.OmaRamdassminizz...navina...

halfsona

halfsona

Posted: 04 January 2012 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
I completely agree with your post! Very well said! Clap
You are right, they really need to progress the show! We have been stuck on the same spot in the show for the past weeks with no improvement! Unhappy It's time for the show to move forward! Thumbs Up I wouldn't even mind if they keep Akash in the show and with Manyata as long as Manyata is shown growing up and accepting her family!
This progress is really needed for the show to be liked Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Misek-moksha89minizz

WhiteNights.

IF-Dazzler

WhiteNights.

Posted: 05 January 2012 at 2:49am | IP Logged
Riddhi, a very sensible post!

First of all, has it been really only a week in DEK? Confused
seriously hard to digest this, and somehow i managed to miss that dialogue of Brij where he says that its been 4 days since manya is at the mahal.
Anyways, coming to the story, DEK started off with a bang. Actually this has been the only show that i have been connected to right from the first episode. It was fabulous in its first few weeks, very gripping, so many things happened in each episode, the speed was fab, the track was focussed and the performances superlative! 

The actors are still giving in their best but the plot, in my POV seems to have slackened and become a little less interesting offlate. One or two episodes after manya is brought to the mahal went fine. But then it feels like we are stuck after that and going around circles.

You have already mentioned the loopholes starting to rear their head, the other characters they need to work upon and the exhasperation viewers are feeling at Manya's rowdy behavior, its getting unbearable by the day. The stupid dance in yesterday's episode  is yet another example, so I shall say ditto here.

Ya, makers I agree with you, we need to be patient where ManVeer track is concerned. From where i see, it is bound to happen, so thats not my concern. What my concern is that at this point the whole story is revolving around Manya and her trials her confusions and her stubborness, but we are not moving anywhere storywise. Uday is still smirking and acting cool, not making any extra effort to understand or calm monya down, Akash has deteriorated characterwise and Rajmata has been put in a fix and seems to know no way of dealing with Manya anymore and is infact easily becoming a victim to J and manyata's plottings. Howcome since she has been shown to be a shrewd woman.
 I would like to see a little more hard work put in to maintain the charm DEK held for the first month.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

akshaaya-Misek-moksha89minizzS.H.I.E.L.D....navina...Kai.

OmaRamdass

IF-Rockerz

OmaRamdass

Posted: 05 January 2012 at 3:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by moksha89

Originally posted by OmaRamdass

i found her more tolerable today than yesterday ... today, she kept her actions and words on lock, and unlike yesterday -she didn't make everyone to look like her enemy and she their victim.  when she laughed with unnati, i thought, "you totally used unnati in your lies the day before .. and now you're joking around like she's your bff?" unnati is really very nice.  i think, today there were several key steps made in propelling the story line & i hope it continues. things like briraj playing his "father games," J for once alluding to her attention-issues, Uday saying that the time to play has now ended.  They just need to build on these things effectively.  

its these small pieces of hope & the time concept the CVs are utilizing that keeps me from getting too frustrated.

Thanks for the pep talk - i need it and i didnt even look at it that way. But i agree somethings happened today to give a foundation to a new track. Moniya's dance was terrible for me to see today but for the story it was a positive thing

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

moksha89

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.