Jabb Love Hua

JLH Concept & Articles: No Comments PLs - Page 7

Jaslove thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Sudeep Sahir's anniversary woes
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   April 11, 2007

Lesser of leisure: Sudeep Sahir with his wife Anantika
Sudeep Sahir's first wedding anniversary plans went a tad awry recently.

The telly actor had planned to take a leisurely holiday with wife Anantika on April 29, to celebrate one year of blissful togetherness aboard a cruise liner.

Sudeep, who features as Raghu in the Zee drama Jab Love Hua, had asked for leave six months in advance.

But as the time for the leave comes closer, he has been told by the producers (Tony and Deeya Singh) to make the trip as short as possible.

Reason? Since he is the protagonist, he can't take off for too long.

Short stay

Says Sudeep, "Since Jab Love Hua is a daily, I had asked for leave way in advance. Anantika and I had planned a trip aboard the Superstar Virgo and had plans to visit Singapore, Langkawi, Phuket and Pattaya. Now, we will have to pack it all in less time."

The actor will now take off on April 25, after shooting the entire day, and has been asked to return by May 7. "I wanted a longer holiday as I have been shooting non-stop for a year.

Even when I got married, I could not go for a honeymoon as the show was on air. I managed a few days off only in July, which again was a short trip to Europe.

At that time itself I had planned a long vacation around our first anniversary," he says.

When asked about Sudeep's holiday ordeal, producer Tony Singh says, "There has to be a life beyond television.

I agree with that. But there has to be a give and take too. Sudeep had asked for leave and we had no problems. We only asked him to cut it short by a few days.

We mutually agreed and there are no issues. A daily can go off on different tracks when a certain actor is not there for the shoot." We're guessing that this way Sudeep made both his producer and his biwi happy!

Sudeep facts

Model-turned-actor Sudeep Sahir was earlier seen as Addy in Kyun Hota Hai Pyarr (Star Plus) and in the title role in Ayushmaan (Sony).

He is the bridegroom in the De Beers 'Heera hai tu' ad. He also featured in Kunal Ganjawala's music video Channa Vey, and in Saregama HMV's Odhni. Sahir also flew with Jet Airways for one-and-a-half years.

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/april/155190.htm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jaslove thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Why is Jab Love Huva being wound up? The last episode will air on July 6. It's good that the show is ending..how long can you stretch a story? Some of your co-stars are blam- ing the channel for not publicis- ing the show properly. It did very well in its first year. Later, TRP issues did create some hassles. I feel the show went awry because it lacked a proper structure. It would be wrong to only blame Zee...we're all responsi- ble. I think the entire unit tried its best..but some things are just not meant to be. We heard that there was lot of friction among the actors. When you work together for long hours, there are bound to be some differences. We're human after all. But, I'm sure that we're closer then many other serial units. How was your equation with the lead actor Sudhir Sahir? He's a great guy to work with. He has no hang-ups. In fact, I gel with everyone on the sets. But I'll really miss Raghu's buffalo Rampyari. It's believed that you're accident- prone. Tell me about it. These days, I've even stopped surprising myself. Once during a shoot, I went through a window dis- play thinking it was an exit. I had to be hospitalised with nine stitches. I always tell (producers) Deeya and Tony (Singh) that I should've been Jassi in their show Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin because she was famous for falling all over the place. What next? After working non-stop for nearly two years, I need a break. Are you open to saas bahu roles? If the role of the suffering bahu or the tormenting nanad appears complex enough, I would surely accept it. As an actor, my job is to make the character look as real as pos- sible. I'd love to do something on the line of Roshni Chopra's negative portrayal of Piya in Kasamh Se. How do you view the television industry? I feel this industry lacks disci- pline. Things are run in a very haphazard manner. Scripts should be based on content and not just to woo the TRP meters. TV dramas are like reality comedy shows. Drastic changes are made in the script if the actors' dates are unavailable. The character is killed and brought back to life with plastic surgery. You've acted in a few films..any more lined up? I've acted in Silsilay and Naach. Let's face it, I'm not in a position to demand any- thing. I'm game for a role in any art or commercial film.
www.bodhtree.com

Jaslove thumbnail

Not without my wife

Back to Section Stories

Picture perfect: Sudeep Sahir with wife Anantika
Co-host of Zee TV's Antakshari, Himani was in for a rude shock when Sudeep Sahir aka Raghu in Jab Love Hua refused to pose with her for a photo shoot and preferred to stick to his wife instead. 

Apparently, the duo was invited on Antakshari to participate in a special episode. A source on the sets recalls, "Himani wanted to be photographed with Sudeep alone. She is a great fan of Sudeep and wanted to make the most of this opportunity. However, when she requested Sudeep to pose with her, Sudeep agreed to oblige only on the condition that he would pose with his wife Anantika." At which an embarrassed Himani left the stage.

Himani

Jaslove thumbnail

ZEE TV axes 'Jab Love Hua'; welcomes 'Doli'
May 12, 2007 12:26 PM

Meri Doli Tere Angna on ZEE TVAnother Tony and Deeya Singh soap is facing the axe! ZEE TV has announced the demise of its long running light-hearted soap 'Jab Love Hua'.

The news comes days after Sony Entetertainment Television Asia confirmed it was dropping 'Jeete Hain Jiske Liye', also produced by Tony and Deeya Singh.

'Jab Love Hua' will be bidding adieu when the final episode is shown on ZEE TV UK on Wednesday 27th June at 19:30. It has not yet been confirmed what will replace the vacant slot.

ZEE TV will be launching a new soap titled 'Meri Doli Tere Angna', which is produced by Bollywood actor Rahul Bhatt, who was last seen in the movie 'Nayee Padosan'.

The show revolves around a simple girl Simran, who belongs to a very traditional Punjabi family.

Simran is an orphan, she is been brought up by her chacha-chachi, she chooses to go for arrange marriage, as she believes what her chacha will choose for her will be the best. She gets married to Ruhaan, who belongs to one of the most affluent family in the city.

"I am filmy, so my serial will be that way too. I love family dramas; my serial is not too different but the story has been told differently," clarifies Rahul.

'Meri Doli Tere Angna' launches on ZEE TV UK on Monday 4th June at 11:00.

Editor: Raj Baddhan Source: ZEE UK

Jaslove thumbnail

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k7/may/19may/news_monaz.php

Monaz refutes rumours of
Jab Love Hua being axed

She is quite content and happy playing the parallel lead in Zee's daily Jab Love Hua but what's irking Monaz Mevewalla is the hearsay that her show is being pulled off.

"I agree that the TRPs are not high, but the channel is responsible for the same as they, unfortunately, are not giving the show the due publicity. To make matters worse the repeated time slot changes (currently 11 pm slot) have impaired the situation, "claims this Parsi babe who debuted on television with Zee's Kitty Party.

Changing tracks and venturing into positive talks she says, "Since my character Isha is pretty mod she is hell bent on giving her a husband Bhola (Rahul Lohani) an image make-over. Currently she is teaching him angrezee."

Monaz has very fond memories of her recently ended show Rishton Ki Dor, "I loved playing the young serious rebel. Initially I was supposed to do only a cameo but because of public appreciation my role was elongated."

Ask her about her career plans she is quick to respond, "I am totally game for playing the docile suffering bahu in family dramas. If the audience likes to watch such stuff, who are we to oppose?" (Smart gal!) Comedy is another genre which Monaz loves, "I really enjoyed my stint on the Great Indian Comedy Show (Star One). "I would also love to play grayish shades. Let's face it; nobody in life can be totally black or white". (Now the girl's become mature!)

This actor-cum-trained dancer (she was a part of Shiamak Dawar's troupe) has big screen aspirations too. "It's the logical next step don't you agree! However I would not like to do two-bit roles as some of my TV colleagues are doing." Would you be comfortable running around trees in next to nothing outfits? "Though I am very comfortable with my body, but what you just mentioned is not my cup of tea. Rather, I would prefer cross-over cinema I am actor, hence would like to do films which showcase my talent and not just skin." Saying this Monaz has surely sent the right feelers for her takers.

Jaslove thumbnail

What went wrong with Jeete Hain Jiske Liye? It was also a tele-novella like our earlier Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin. But, somehow Jeete Hain.. wasn't accepted by the viewers. The channel asked us to wind up. It's simple..if there's no viewership, then there's no point in prolonging the show. The protagonists of Jeete Hain… have gone on record saying that Deeya (Singh) and you failed to use the potential of a strong star cast. Who said that? I agree that the show had a huge star cast.. but stars don't make the show. Left Right Left and Jab Love Hua are doing very well with a cast of complete newcomers. It's high time that the actors accepted this and stop the blame game. You have three shows on air. Was it difficult to give priority to each one of them? Not at all! We had given our 100 per cent to Jeete Hain.. and the other shows. The chan- nel had also promoted it very well with hoardings. So there's no question of mismanaging the show. Why is Left Right Left is often riddled with con- troversies? If you're asking about Rajeev Khandelw- al, then I must say that he is the most pro- fessional actor I've come across in the last 15 years. As far as Vikas Manaktaka is con- cerned..yes, he does throw his weight around. He gives negative vibes to every- one on the sets..from the directors to co- actors. Despite explaining things to him, his atti- tude seems to be inborn, it can't be changed. So, we've given him an ultima- tum..if such behaviour continues, then we will have to find a replacement. Why did you decide to end Rajeev's track in Left Right Left? Again..who said so? He's very much a part of the show. We were planning to end his track because otherwise the story would not have progressed. But we realised that Rajeev is a very important for our show. He knows how to make his character exciting. What's new with Jab Love Hua? We've somehow managed to complete 225 episodes. The only problem with Jab Love Hua will be during the monsoons since we shoot outdoors. We have tried to shift the track to a town setting, but it hasn't worked. Zee has to take a call because it doesn't make sense to mess up the show. What's the status on your new show? Jhoomein Jiya Re will star Gaurav Chopra, Gauri Tonk and Preeti Amin. It will be aired on the upcoming channel Zee Next.

Jaslove thumbnail

The heat is on!

Every summer the temperatures rise a few Celsius higher, the heat often takes a toll on our physique, skin and hair! But stars need to keep away from fatigue and look fresh even in the midst of heavy make-up, burning lights and humid shoot locations. We check on preventive measures our T.V celebs use to beat the blazing ball of fire!

Shaleen Bhanot :

I take bath twice if not thrice every day, just like kids do, just like kids do! There is nothing like a cold shower… it feels like a blessing in summers. I drink lots of Nariyal pani and keep my attitude cool- a hot head on a hot afternoon is not welcomed at all. When I am not shooting, I sit in my vanity van all the time. I avoid eating hot spicy stuff as it spoils your skin and makes one feel uneasy as spice often generates heat in the body. I do drink a lot of water and avoid roaming around in the sun, the less the exposure the better chances are of getting rid of the tan.

Smita Bansal :

I have a migraine problem so I have to be extra careful during summers to combat the Mumbai heat. I try not to stay empty stomach, as it could take a toll on my health. I thrive on fruits, be it apples or oranges and I drink water like a fish. Often when I am stressed and tired I gulp down a glass of flavoured Glucose. Best way to ward off the heat is to distract oneself from the weather conditions; I often concentrate on the company I am in, than worry about how hot it is outside! Now of course most indoor sets are air conditioned, so it's comfortable but in case of an odd outdoor shoot, exposure to sun and dust is unavoidable, so the distraction tip comes handy.

Monaz :

The best remedy to save the skin from sun damage is to apply sunscreen regularly. I drink litres of water. I don't avoid any specific food items just because it's summer time, it doesn't affect my digestive system! I drink lots of fluids to flush out all the acidic content in the body which rises in the season. I avoid colas as they are empty calories, and felicitate bloating and do not really quench thirst. I wash my face regularly and am even very particular about hair wash. In summers hair often accumulates sweat and becomes sticky, it's important to wash your hair everyday to feel fresh and smell good. In case of an on-location shoot one is helpless and has to bear the brunt, its best to drink Nimbu Pani in such situations.

Munisha Khatwani :

I try and stay indoors as far as possible, it's best to prevent than search for cures later! I take a cold water shower thrice a day. Keeping bottles of iced tea, diet coke, sweet lassi and Glucon D orange flavour often come handy. I carry all the refreshers in my ice-box whenever I am out shooting. I stay put in my vanity van between shoots.

Lataa Sabarwal :

The only way to prevent dehydration in summers is to drink lots of water, nimbu pani and vegetable juices. Often when I am driving, I wear a white full sleeves shirt, big dark shades to prevent dark shadows and a thin scarf to cover my hair and head from the soaring heat. According to me, colas and spicy food should be completely avoided. I eat and drink everything fresh to beat the Mumbai heat; stale food makes you bloat and burp.

Jaslove thumbnail

http://chat.indiatimes.com/

She is playing Aanya, the cute, daring and pretty lass in the tele Jab Love Hua, which is a young, fresh and hilarious love story. To know more about her character and her future projects Chat LIVE with TV actress, Priya Badlani at 12 noon (IST)

Jaslove thumbnail

Who nose?

Back to Section Stories Posted On Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Ranjib Mazumder

Priya Badlani
Have you ever noticed Priya Badlani's (Annya of Jab Love Hua) remarkably sharp nose? Well, just check her out in the current episodes of the serial and you will immediately spot the difference. Of late, the actress has been sporting a band-aid on her nose, both on and off screen.

The actress was shopping at a suburban mall when the accident happened. The actress wanted to go from one section of a shop to another section, but slammed into a glass wall instead. Needless to say, she hurt her nose badly and was hospitalised immediately.

Prateek Chavan, the executive producer of Jab Love Hua was present at the situation. "Priya was supposed to come for shoot in the morning. In the mean time, I got a call from Priya telling me that she had met with an accident. I just rushed to the spot and saw her nose bleeding incessantly. It was really sad to see her beautiful nose getting so badly swollen. We just rushed to Hinduja hospital for her treatment."

As the actress was hospitalised, she could not shoot for a few days. Yet, the executive producer is all praise for Priya's dedication to her work. "After her first-aid was complete, she called me and wanted to come for the shoot.

But, we advised her to take proper rest and assured her that shooting would not be affected by her accident." As daily soap changes their track every now and then, Jab Love Hua also changed its track given Priya Badlani's situation. "We have showed Annya having a minor accident on screen, so that audiences do not get confused," Chavan added.

The lady in question, Priya Badlani when contacted shirked the incident as her own folly. "It is possible with me and only me who can't even differentiate between a glass wall and an exit door! I was dizzy with high spiritedness when I rammed into a glass wall. I got hurt very badly and it was really painful. My nose was bleeding and it was swollen in no time. Thankfully, I'm okay now," Priya said.

The actress had to have multiple stitches on her nose. "The stitches will be removed on Saturday and until then, I have to bear with this bandage," she added. A stitch in time saves nine, Priya. Besides, Sunday is a holiday. Give your nose a breather, but don't forget to breathe.

Jaslove thumbnail

T hey introduce characters, sometimes showcase scenes yet to happen and mostly end up becoming as popular as the show itself. We're talking about the title tracks on Indian tele- vision. So here are some of the good, bad and ugly tunes that you get to hear every night. Compiled by Janaki Viswanathan
www.bodhtree.com