Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bsb-star thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
i agree with u that it was majority votin thru --regionalism favouring sandy wid a minority votin across india favourin looks ova singin ability.

if you minus regional votin-karu wud have won hands down
kat419 thumbnail
Why south indians dont watch Hindi channels? Good question! I'm a south indian myself and i might have an answer.
Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Punjabi, Gujarati are all similar! the same way, tamil, telugu, kannada and malayalam are
so, tamil might come easily to a telugu rather than a punjabi....again, hindi will come easily to a marathi rather than a malayali....
So, hindi is very alien (altho most can read and write in hindi, they prefer their own language or even english sometimes).
now, to add to this, they have many (like 10 in just telugu) regional channels. when you get that much choice, you wont go looking OUTSIDE for entertainment.
I dont live in india anymore but i was a huge TV freak when i was in india....so, when i went back to india for a holiday last year..i thot i would watch kyunki saas bhi etc etc etc....i just couldnt go past the telugu chanels to do that....too much choice i tell ya!
i loved karunya....but i am not unhappy that sandeep won...seems like a genuinely GOOD guy!
amritha19 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bacheeidol

Dear checkz ,

I am not sure where you got this from **i still doubt for the rest part of S India....they even dont mingle with each other easily...if u know that***

I seriously object this, please dont pass on wrong messages without having witnessed any !...I am sure in every part of the country there will be people who like some and dont some other...

There are no proper chances for the people from south to interact with north even the other way. The reason for people not paying attention to Hinid channels is as earlier mentioned gud entertainment means are available in the local languages. This has got nothing to do with patriotism or regionalism.

Please all you guys from states where your mother tongue is Hindi imagine that your national language is some other. And people from your state just started realing that we have a national language which is not your mother tongue just 50 years ago and dont have chance to use this language in your day to day life and dont interact with people who know this language. And you have very gud entertinment means!.. let me tell you something nobody watches TV to show their love to country or language. Its only an entertainment medium.

got more to share.... but have to go..

bachee

๐Ÿ˜†

talking of awareness of II in south.....how on earth can u expect that. has II ever in the 2 season held auditions in atleast one southern city? no dun think so.......welll should v call that also regionalism then? perhaps sony should change its name to north indian idol. may b they think southies dunno how to sing in hindi....well hellooo where did karu, amit sana and chandu and irfan come form then. if sony was genuinely interested increating awareness, it would have held auditions in places like hyderabad and banglore to do the least. why sony hasn't done that remains a big mystery but if they dun do that, they can't expect ppl to notice the show through the word of the mouth, somehow miraculously. so u see its indian idols fault!

sunshine73 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: checks

well, your concern is really praise-worthy...in a country where hindi is regarded (not adopted) as mational language, why ppl were so stunned that a person from south knows hindi very well...
nothing against karu or anyone from that part of India....but its in our blood...we simply cant rectify that blood of us....it takes courage to accept that and therz a very very thin line while u deal with regionalism n local prejuides...either of them are harmful for the national issues...anyway....who cares...
peace

You ask why people in South do not watch the hindi programmes?? Well,I got the answer for you. It is really very very simple-People in South do not understand so much of Hindi. Barring Andhra Pradesh(Hyderabad)if you take into account Chennai and Kerala...the people in these states do not speak much Hindi,leave alone understand it well. It is not a matter of regionalism...it's just that Hindi is not taught in the local schools there as widely as in the North. Am still sure,people of Hyd did vote for Karunya..but their votes alone did not help.

Another thing..pls dont mind my saying this...am telling you this from my personal experience. People in North are very prejudiced at South people. I had a Hindi teacher once who was so happy to see I got full marks in the subject..that her immediate reaction was whether am Hindi speaking at home. When I told her no..that am South Indian..she ignored me completely from that day onwards.

It is really astonishing how this happens..but it is true.

Hope am not offending anyone in saying this..but this is my own true life experience.

achhi_anil thumbnail

Originally posted by: tpam

but onething i must say???
no offence to anyone!!please never mind , i know there rlot of south indians here , i am not hurting anyone!!
why ppl in south dnt watch hindi channels?? is that not regionalism????

i am gr88 fan of karu , and wanted him to win but the truthis that why whole of south india dnt watch hindi programmes?????

no dear.ppl in south do wacth hindi channels.but we have enough programs in our language then why do house wifes bother to watch channles of other languages.young people wud def watch all channels.karu watched it and thats why he came to know abt indian idol.so dont think that becoz of regionalism we dont watch hind channels.we care damn about those petty issues๐Ÿ˜›

karunya_forever thumbnail
karunya is the winner in all means ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Sudha_rn thumbnail
Originally posted by: achhi_anil

no dear.ppl in south do wacth hindi channels.but we have enough programs in our language then why do house wifes bother to watch channles of other languages.young people wud def watch all channels.karu watched it and thats why he came to know abt indian idol.so dont think that becoz of regionalism we dont watch hind channels.we care damn about those petty issues๐Ÿ˜›

Exactly ๐Ÿ˜Š
ramapkp thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sunshine73

You ask why people in South do not watch the hindi programmes?? Well,I got the answer for you. It is really very very simple-People in South do not understand so much of Hindi. Barring Andhra Pradesh(Hyderabad)if you take into account Chennai and Kerala...the people in these states do not speak much Hindi,leave alone understand it well. It is not a matter of regionalism...it's just that Hindi is not taught in the local schools there as widely as in the North. Am still sure,people of Hyd did vote for Karunya..but their votes alone did not help.

Another thing..pls dont mind my saying this...am telling you this from my personal experience. People in North are very prejudiced at South people. I had a Hindi teacher once who was so happy to see I got full marks in the subject..that her immediate reaction was whether am Hindi speaking at home. When I told her no..that am South Indian..she ignored me completely from that day onwards.

It is really astonishing how this happens..but it is true.

Hope am not offending anyone in saying this..but this is my own true life experience.

very well said....i always wondered that why they never have auditions in southern states....if i rmbr there was only one time they had the auditions, not sure but for some ZEE tv talent hunt...not sure even SRGMP had auditions in hyd....๐Ÿ˜‰