Of Human Bondage

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

LOLitaPawar

IF-Dazzler

LOLitaPawar

Posted: 31 December 2011 at 8:43am | IP Logged
Has anyone here read the book?

I haven't completed it but I find the protagonist kind of pathetic...he longs for company but still doesn't ever do anything about it...like start a conversation or anything...every negative thing or person,regardless of the insignificance has an effect on him.

I understand he had a clubfoot,was an orphan and didn't really get much love from his uncle(though his aunt did love him)...but still shouldn't there be a limit to his vulnerability?
I do pity him,I really do but sometimes the character does frustrate me
May be I am being insensitive, after all not many good things happened to him...but my point is that a person himself can make his life better...or should at least try!

It is somehow still an interesting read...I will finish the book.May be I am judging too soon and the character does develop later.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Of Human Bondage" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.