I Had to !!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

-Manita-

IF-Rockerz

-Manita-

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
Dear Friends,

I am new to this forum, but certainly not to India-forums.

A few days back I found myself hooked to this show for a lot of reasons. I really don't know what attracted me in the first place because my reaction on watching an episode around a month back was - "who watches this show ?"

And guess what, I wsa doing exactly the same after just a few episodes.

I resisted hard even coming to this forum, as I have a history of getting hooked to a forum before.

But Today I Had to !!!!

I am mesmerised by the Rajasthani backdrop. I happen to hail originally from Jaipur and Ajmer, which is at half and hour distance from Pushkar. I have been to Pushkar numerous times and I am in awe of the place and the premise in the show.

I saw the episode last night and was deeply moved.
Suraj is, on one hand, trying to read what is written about her wife with her photograph in an English newspaper. And he even regrets not completing his education. Sandhya, on the the other hand, has managed to secure such high marks but cannot rejoice in the glory. She cannot even share this with her husband.

People congratulate Suraj for his extra-ordinarily meritorious wife and he is zapped. He doesn't know whether he should feel happy and proud or feel sad as he knows his family's views about an educated DIL.
The Lead has emoted extremely well and I really felt for the character and his state of mind.

He is confused, shattered, worried and amidst all this...he doesn't know which side to take. He understands Sandhya as much as he does his family and almost knows about what the response would be.

Amazing !!! Written, presented, acted, characterised really well.
All in all...an awesome show.

( And the pleasant surprise was Jaya...JustJ...that I have had the privilege to know ... ...Wow, another reason for staying hereBig smile )

Edited by -Manita- - 30 December 2011 at 9:45pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

sdavisJkamrancharity10sjnpsooraj_sandhyaMizhib2011-Ramya--AmalAziz-KaJenroxxhamzanuhaarshi_karishAllbut1ChillMaarYaar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I Had to !!" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ChillMaarYaar

IF-Stunnerz

ChillMaarYaar

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
Woot Shocked is this Mani *rubs her eyes for recheck* ... ye kaise hogaya yaar ROFL

Yes, at first look this show looks nothing extra ordinary , but it wont take long to realize its not ur regular thing , its different Approve

Wont add further as u said everything ...

Le, why surprise, when ever there  is a good show , one will always find me mandaraing there before i get bored LOL... 

It was a surprise to see u here , welcome to forum Mani ,Hug hope both forum and show dont disappoint u ... 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011arshi_karish-Manita-

-Manita-

IF-Rockerz

-Manita-

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
Thanks for welcoming Jaya.

No, don't get surprised...I was on my previous show, mainly due to good storyline initially and then ...out of habitROFL

You know, Buri aadat aasani se nahi choot-ti haiLOLLOL

Lack of time also didn't give me space to explore other shows, so I kept stciking to one.

I first saw DABH around Diwali...and didn't watch more than one episode. Then once a week, I would just happen to watch an episode and though I loved the simplicity and staright forward approach, I used to think that it must be some regressive saas-bahu show. ( prejudices, you know...)

But around a month back, I saw a few more episodes and next was that I was telling my folks, "don't change the channel,,,,,,,,,,I watch this show."

Voila...I am just loving it every passing day and it has a grip and gravity that is the mark of good story telling.

I somehow know that it won't disappoint.Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011hamzanuhaarshi_karishChillMaarYaar

neetusidhu

Goldie

neetusidhu

Posted: 31 December 2011 at 12:31am | IP Logged
wow great to have you on our forum and the show really is great...such powerful acting, writing, and presentation...i was hooked from the first episode itself...it is so different from other shows and so so so good...and i also loved surajs reaction...cant wait to see how the rest of the family reacts...cant wait for monday...and early happy new year to everyone on our forum...lots of love guys...

b2011arshi_karish-Manita-ChillMaarYaar

-Manita-

IF-Rockerz

-Manita-

Posted: 31 December 2011 at 1:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by neetusidhu

wow great to have you on our forum and the show really is great...such powerful acting, writing, and presentation...i was hooked from the first episode itself...it is so different from other shows and so so so good...and i also loved surajs reaction...cant wait to see how the rest of the family reacts...cant wait for monday...and early happy new year to everyone on our forum...lots of love guys...

Thanks Neetu...it feels great to be a part of a strong show with beautiful storyline

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011ChillMaarYaar

Mizhi

Posted: 31 December 2011 at 2:40am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

b2011hamzanuha-Manita-ChillMaarYaar

-Manita-

IF-Rockerz

-Manita-

Posted: 31 December 2011 at 5:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Gold-

@Manita

Welcome to DABH forum..
For me it was a show summary at 11.30pm which led to total addiction..I had to know what happens next.

Then ended up watching the title track which got me completely hooked.

I think you can safely get addicted to the forum.It is pretty much non crazy YET.

The show and how the relationship is progressing is very well executed..To this date there hasnt been an instance where the progression has been halted making the viewers wait...

My lecture is over...Again welcome to DABH.

@ Gold - Thank you so much for welcoming !!

I agree...am loving how the relationship is progressing in a subtle and non - OTT way...
the correct flavour in a proper mix of ingredients...it's delicious and definitely addicting, as of now !!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011hamzanuhaChillMaarYaar

hamzanuha

IF-Dazzler

hamzanuha

Posted: 31 December 2011 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
Welcome Manita, I'm not surprised at your getting hooked to the show.
I too got hooked despite not wanting to add another show to the already many ones I watch, but it was too difficult to stop watching LOL

The forum is a nice place with sensible people; no gushing over how lovely the lead couple looks or bashing if someone writes something less complimentary about the show.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011ChillMaarYaar

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.