How much TV actors get paid?? - Page 4

Posted: 12 years ago
yes... i heard they get paid 40,000 - 50,000 rupees a day... thts a lot of money!! but they also hv to work hard... physical and mental exertion!
Wow. I studied engg and am getting peanuts.. Wish I had become some actress ... He he...but seriously ipk prod team don't have much funds as someone mentioned coz barun wears same dresses n repeats them.. Also khushi... And both payal n khushi share a common house wear dress too... Also in this serial they have a pet goat ... So weird... Now I understood.. They jus need to feed it grass... If it was cat or dog they would have to spend alot on animal food 😆
I am pretty sure the payment is episode based.  If it were day based , the production house would be interested in overworking the stars.
Ive heard its by episode, I know thats how it is in the States.
Originally posted by Shastradhari

Does ur Id have that actor pic...tum bin one??
Priyanshu something..i love him

😳 No. It's Karanvir Bohra 😆
Originally posted by Shastradhari

It really takes lots of effort to get selected for any role in the serial first of all..
Its not bad at all ..i am talking about all those saas-bahu serials..how  many actors are there..MAN think about it..

I think IPKKND production dont have much funds..its good in terms of not many characters..I am thinking they did La's exit..so they can accommodate NK😊

they can always make shyamu exit and save money...😆
Originally posted by oh...

they can always make shyamu exit and save money...😆

what a brilliant idea!!!!!! 👏
Yes they get paid for per shift(8-12 hours)

It's an old article but you can read it.
Saas-bahu proves a lucrative formula for women TV actors
reported by Aminah Sheikh Mumbai
In striking contrast to Bollywood where men dominate the pecking order of the highest paid stars, television appears to be a woman's world.

The highest paid TV actor is Smriti Irani of "Tulsi" fame, who commands, according to the industry, Rs 1 lakh per shift (the standard mode of payment in the business), double what the most expensive male TV star, Ronit Roy, is paid (around Rs 50,000 per shift). A shift varies between 8 and 12 hours a day.

Roy till recently co-starred with Irani in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi , the blockbuster TV serial from Balaji Telefilms. According to the industry, the top five female TV stars rake in between Rs 30,000 and Rs 35,000 per shift compared to between Rs 25,000 and Rs 30,000 for the top five male counterparts.

(Top TV earners)
(Figures in Rs per shift, per day)
Top 5 women
1 Smriti Irani 100,000
2 Shweta Tiwaari 35,000
3 Saakshi Tanvar 30,000
4 Urvashi Dolakia 30,000
5 Mona Singh 30,000

Top 5 men

1 Ronit Roy 50,000
2 Ram Kapoor 30,000
3 Aman Verma 30,000
4 Apoorva Agnihotri 25,000
5 Cezanne Khan 25,000

It is, of course, not necessary for one episode of a serial to be completed in one shift. High-profile actors work for an average of 10 days a month, while others may work for 15-20 days a month.

"If one is paying a high price for a particular actor, the production company wants to get done with that actor's shifts first," said an executive from a leading television production house.

However, when it comes to anchors on TV, the pecking order is different. Film actor and now TV host Shekhar Suman rakes in Rs 4 lakh per shift. But Mandira Bedi — the highest-paid female anchor with the tag of being the first woman anchor for the cricket World Cup on Sony TV — gets Rs 1.5 lakh a day.

The high pay tag for women is mostly because soap operas that dominate the top 10 rankings in terms of viewership are saas-bahu serials with women as the central character.

Also, most of the stars that top the list are mainly from Ekta Kapoor's Balaji Telefilms, which is said to pay its actors 20 per cent more than industry benchmarks.

"Ekta discovers talent and nurtures it. She determines the rates of stars in the TV business. Most successful and popular actors today hail from the Balaji house," said an industry source.

Media experts said actors who have become household names after playing a part in Kapoor's serials usually charge a premium once they start working with another production company.

They get paid per day , In ume aur tv , they told about some other actresses salary , and it says per day they get paid
dey recieve 7000/- per day n its confirmed...as d popularity grows...d money evn goes high!!!!
N its true dey r paied between 7000-10000..