Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

article about 1000th episode and more

Singh23 IF-Dazzler
Singh23
Singh23

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 7:13pm | IP Logged
Millennium baby
Television's most loved family just turned 1,000. Ekta Kapoor's five-year-old saas-bahu opera, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi has made an entry into the Limca Book of Records. And now that the Viranis are poised for a second generation leap, our correspondent tells you what to expect
Swati Anand
Mumbai, April 10: Deja Vu
Ekta Kapoor is flagging off a hunt for Tulsi's grand daughter, who will make an entry when the serial takes a generation leap in August. ''Her smile should reach out to everyone and when she cries, the nation should cry with her. I don't care about her being tall, slim, smart or anything,'' declares Balaji's head honcho. Role Call
The hour-long episode, to be telecast at 10.30 pm on April 13, will feature Kapoor on screen for the first time. Dressed in an Abu-Sandeep lehenga and standard red tikka, she will introduce her crew in the opening montage.''I'm scared of facing the camera. I want only close-ups. I don't want to show my flab,'' she confesses.
SCENE STEALERS
* Nandini will come back and for some time she will live with hubby Karan and his second wife, Tanya. Tanya will eventually leave.
* Mandira will be reintroduced. Achint Kaur will play Mandira.
* Tulsi and Mihir will have a huge fight, which will lead to her leaving home.
* Tulsi will raise a child after leaving home. This girl, who will be fashioned along the lines of the younger Tulsi, will then enter the Virani household. HIGH FIVE
These parivar members have been there from day one Bahu No. 1: Smriti Z Iraani, who plays the central character of Tulsi, slips into rewind mode. ''On my first day, on April 5, 2000, I remember all my concentration was on looking pretty. When I look at the reruns, I say 'Oh God! What a ham!''' The saucy saas: Apara Mehta, who plays Tulsi's mother-in-law, says her constant sparring with Tulsi keeps the audiences guessing about the next move. ''Although scenes when Tulsi and I get along, have also worked well, I enjoy playing the negative areas more. Usme namak hota hai,'' she says. The Baa factor: Sudha Shivpuri, who plays Baa, recalls a mail from a viewer that read, Aap Baa ko buth banakar rakhiye, lekin usko mariye mat. It arrived when word spread that she would be killed off with the generation leap. ''How can I play a 120-year-old?'' she says. Chachi chatter: Komolika Guhathakurta, who plays Gayatri chachi, says she has no hang-ups playing mother and grandmother to artistes few years her junior. ''Who's bothered about such trivial things? Sure they define logic, but if people are willing to accept that, then why not?'' she says. Guhathakurta reminisces how she almost ran away on the first day of shooting, not wanting to play a chachi. ''They had to drag me back then, but I'm here to stay now,'' she says. Move over Modi: Kapoor refuses to speak about the Rekkha Modi case. According to Shivangi Singh Chauhan, creative head, Kyunki..., ''Rekha practically wrote Kyunki..... No one touched her dialogues. But no one is indispensable. Ekta has decided not to bring her back to this serial. I don't know about another serial though.''

Safiyah Senior Member
Safiyah
Safiyah

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
Thanx for the article Singh23.
Ruhi Senior Member
Ruhi
Ruhi

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
kool, but i feel sorry for tanya n tulsi Cry, y do they have to leave. n i don't want mandira to come back., i feel sorry for karan. what do mihir n tulsi fight about? 
*~puja~* Senior Member
*~puja~*
*~puja~*

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 9:56pm | IP Logged

wow... thanks for sharing the news.

its gonna be interesting to see ekta in the episode

ronitfan IF-Stunnerz
ronitfan
ronitfan

Posted: 12 April 2005 at 7:15am | IP Logged
do mihir and tulsi HAVE to fight????Cry
sheesh!
romaila IF-Addictz
romaila
romaila

Posted: 12 April 2005 at 7:18am | IP Logged

thanx for sharing

DeepAnBH IF-Dazzler
DeepAnBH
DeepAnBH

Posted: 12 April 2005 at 9:52am | IP Logged

Great article Singh23

Its quite evident that Thulsi and Mihir are rifting apart

Singh23 IF-Dazzler
Singh23
Singh23

Posted: 12 April 2005 at 12:52pm | IP Logged

maybe mandira coming back will be the final straw for thulsi and mihir, maybe mihir will forgive her or something and then they will seperate. and i agree if feel bad for tanya, karen needs to show her more respect. that part where he slept with her and said it was a mistake the next day was just plain mean and insulting.

oh and i think tanya should come back after the leap when with a adult kid whose father would be karen (i know thats repeaating storylines but ekta does this kind of thing anyway)

Go to top