Celebrity Fan Clubs

Viveik/Vivek Oberoi fan club (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 10

sabz_m

Goldie

sabz_m

Posted: 30 May 2006 at 6:28am | IP Logged
come on where r all the vivek fans...????

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Viveik/Vivek Oberoi fan club (Page 7)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

manoj_luver

Groupbie

manoj_luver

Posted: 30 May 2006 at 7:57am | IP Logged
http://www.ebolly.com/interviews/vivekoberoi1.cfm

eBolly's Exclusive Interviews
Viveik Oberoi speaks about life after Ash
- by Viral Bhayani (eBolly.com)

The fire in the belly seems to have dimmed to a smaller glow. The exuberance of Viveik Annand Oberoi seems to have been reined in. All for a reason. The lad has decided to let his work speak for once. He's not going to use the vocals for anything other than 'on screen dialogues'; the fact that he'd become one of Bollywood's favourite whipping boys was the major raison d' etre for the same. Today he wants to talk about his films only. With a downfall in his personal and career life, Viveik wants to forget his past and look towards his future. With his recent visit at Salman's residence when he was arrested has once again got the media talking about their patch up. But neither Viveik or Salman have acknowledged this. We catch up with him at a local club where he is promoting his latest film Pyare Mohan.

You recently changed your spelling from Vivek to Viveik Anand Oberoi. Was this for the recent problems in your personal life?

You see I am a Virgo born on the 3rd of September and after being born under this planetary sign I am quite happy with all the turn of events in my life but after this phase of accidents and problems, there have been a lot of upheavals in my life. So it was decided by my family that perhaps a numerological change in my name would bring that much needed relief and put an accidental stop to all these accidental happenings.

Have you tried consulting astrologers and numerologists for the bad phase in your life?

It's my mom's fascinating field. I still think what's the point? But during such times I am not allowed to utter a single word. So until I am well and able to walk again, I am just supposed to be a mute spectator to the entire goings on.

Your split with Aishwarya must have been very hard…

That's my personal life and I guess I have already said what I wanted to about it. Do I keep repeating those same quotes?

("As far as my personal life is concerned, I myself wasn't aware of any low phase, or troubled times until my relationship with Ash ended. It hit me hard. Some people find out things after they're over. But isn't that life? Ash's presence in my life wasn't an episode. It was a part of my life. With time, people grow, and with growth comes change. I am who I am because of my work, not because of anybody or any association. I've never wavered from my work. Good and bad phases are a part of destiny. We are all meant to go through them at some point. But my efforts have been consistent." – Viveik Oberoi in his interview to Times of India.)

According to that interview you also said that you won't mind working with Ash once again?

Yes like I said I'm a professional and leave these things for my director or producer to decide.

What about the recent Salman Khan patch up?

Listen we are hear to talk about Pyare Mohan, so why not discuss that.

Tell us something about your role in the movie? How far is it different from the other characters that you have played?

This is the first film where I consciously feel that it is different from the rest of my films. It is a very exciting and fantastic character and yes, a bit of more hard work to get the language and the emotions right. It is a very dynamic role, a larger than life kind of role. I play the role of Kesu Phirangi who is a big tough guy. He is got amazing range of emotions wherein he is the sensuous flirt and on the other hand an angry tough man who is building guns and weapons, he is also a loyalist and has his moments of sensitivity and sensibility.

Is this not a copy of Hollywoopd film See No Eveil, Hear No Evil?

It's not the same thing. In my opinion Jai Bharadwaj's adaptation and interpretation is more exciting more relevant and interesting. I connect with it more easily because it is more relevant with the Indian context. I was able to relate more with the character and I love the way Jai has enhanced each and every character as compared to the Hollywood character. When I was told that I was doing the role of Kasio, I thought, what a boring character! But when I actually heard my role, I really loved it. It was not at all like the original character. Jai had shaped the role so well for each of us. That's the reason I will not say that it is like

What are your other assignments?

Cool & Final with Sunny Deol, Sameera Reddy, Shaheed Kapoor, Ayesha Takia, Om Puri, Sharmila Tagore, Paresh Rawal, whole bunch of people.

Can you describe your character in Cool & Final?
It's too early to describe my character. I can only say that it is a comedy film and my role again is something different.

Are you more comfortable playing comedy roles?

Who said so? Kesu Phirangi is not comedy, Kisna is not a comedy. Again Kaal is not a comedy. Only Pyare Mohan is a comedy. I am comfortable playing any character which has a meaning to it.

How was it working with Sunny Deol?

Sunny Bhaiya is a sweetheart, its amazing working with him. I loved to be around with him, and the best part is we both love food! We used to eat hot parathas together. I really enjoyed his company. He cared for me like a little brother.

Are you working on any project apart from Cool & Final?

Yes, I am working on Sachin Bajaj's debut film Naksha. He is a fantastically talented person and his movie is very masala movie, something which I have not seen for a long time now. It is a Manmohan Desai meets Indiana Jones type of movie!

Who are you paired opposite in that movie?

Shamita Shetty.

Any other movies that you have signed?

Nothing. I will start my new batch of movies now, but I don't want to announce anything right now. I have four to five releases now, Pyare Mohan, Isac, Cool & Final and Naksha, and then there is

What is the most challenging role that you have played so far?

What I feel is that in every character there is some challenging moment, and challenging roles which are difficult to perform. Some are obviously apparent while some are not; some require a lot of effort and homework. For me putting together my role is like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. Once all the pieces are put in, the puzzle is over. You move on to the next thing and that's the current challenge. I don't believe in sitting down and thinking that, this one was tough! In that way you grow as an actor also. Four years back when I started out, I had a certain potential, and I am hoping that the potential is grown, my ability as an actor has grown, so whatever seemed to be challenging four years back would be less challenging now. So I feel that with experience you grow. Even the directors help you in that process there are some directors who make your work so much easier for you, that you don't even realize how challenging it was! I am a very shy guy, so playing a sex comedy like Masti was definitely a very challenging role for me. It is something which I have never done earlier. There are certain scenes in Masti where you can actually see me feeling awkward using that type of language and expressions! In Isac I have a sequence where I have to abuse, and it's damn difficult for me to use abusive language.

Any challenging roles from the past you would like to play?

I am a very greedy person. I am greedy about roles. Whenever I see or hear a nice role I love to be associated with that.

Which remake would you like to be a part of or are you a part of any such Hindi remake?

Lots of them! I love so many old films. I have done lots of remakes, not Hindi and I don't want to talk anything about it now!

Your father (Suresh Oberoi) has given some power-packed performances too. Which of them rank amongst your favourites?

I liked him in many films. Mirch Masala, Lawaaris, Shradhanjali, Aitbaar, Insaaf and of course, his first film, Ek Baar Phir. But there are an equal number of films in which I didn't like his character and performance. What I admire about dad as an actor is the extent of realism he can bring to his performances. In this respect he was far ahead of his times.

To what extent is he involved with your career?

He is involved with the uninteresting and awkward parts. He handles dates, contracts and money matters that can get oh-so-boring. The good stuff like story and music sessions are my domain. We have our territories very clearly marked out. I don't step on dad's toes and he respects me enough not to interfere with my choice of films.

At the end of a hard day's work how do you chill out?

I like to be with my family and friends. A good book, lip-smacking khaana, an interesting film playing on the DVD player, that's my idea of a lovely, lazy evening.

How do you handle the blank calls...the sackfuls of love letters?

I get letters but not many love letters.

What about your personal website and a forum to address your fans?

Yes we are working on that for a long time. You will surely hear about that announcement.

manoj_luver

Groupbie

manoj_luver

Posted: 30 May 2006 at 7:59am | IP Logged
did u guys read that ^^^ ??

amna malik

IF-Addictz

amna malik

Posted: 30 May 2006 at 8:17am | IP Logged
I saw him on star newz in kaan festival.He was looking so handsome.I love his hair style Embarrassed

manoj_luver

Groupbie

manoj_luver

Posted: 30 May 2006 at 11:41am | IP Logged

Originally posted by amna malik

I saw him on star newz in kaan festival.He was looking so handsome.I love his hair style Embarrassed

mayn i missed that!Cry

~*Desire*~

~*Desire*~

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 2:44am | IP Logged
His news site it going to be launched!! YAYYYY Clap

i missed that tooo Cry

filmigirl12693

filmigirl12693

Posted: 12 June 2006 at 9:17am | IP Logged
i wanna join hez soo cute i loved from his 1st film if anybody wants to know the story of pyare mohan i can post the review or u can go to indiafm.com

manoj_luver

Groupbie

manoj_luver

Posted: 21 June 2006 at 7:16am | IP Logged
hey

yeh u can join

post the review!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top