No more Koffee

samie IF-Rockerz
samie
samie

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 8:13am | IP Logged
No more Koffee for Karan
   By: Upala KBR
   April 11, 2005

His questions on Koffee with Karan are spicy, leaving many of his starry guests squirming in their seats.

As the show winds up in May, we put Johar on the hot seat and turned the heat on him, introducing our rapidfire round and protest-o-meter (instead of his lie-o-meter).

Read on to find out if  Karan's wins hitList's coffee hamper….

Koffee with Karan is coming to an end.
Yes. We have another six episodes to go and then we end it with a finale in May. Then it goes off air for seven months when I direct my film before some people forget that's what I really do. These days, everywhere I go people ask me who is next on my show and not what's happening to your next film.

Tell us about your best moments on the show.
There are loads of them. Starting off with the Shah Rukh-Kajol one. Just bringing them back together, even if it was just on my show, was a great moment for me. Having the Bachchans together — Amitabh uncle and Abhishek. The Sunny and Bobby episode was special too because Sunny is someone I don't know very well. I felt I knew him better after the show.

Any particular episode that moved you?
Sunju (Sunjay Dutt) when I had asked him when was the last time he cried and he had said when my papa (Yash Johar) passed away. I got this sudden lump in my throat and I didn't know what to do. I was on the job and had to ask the next question. I was very moved.

What about candid moments off the show?
During breaks, my guests saying things like "What nonsense you were asking?" and "You are so mean!" It happened a lot during the Kareena-Rani show. They kept saying, "Oh God who has written these questions?" and I blamed everybody else.

Do you let your guests see the questionnaire?
No matter how close I am to my guest, no question has ever been given in advance. Also, I have never asked any question that hasn't been asked before by the media. It's just that I am asking them on television. I never cross the line. I never ask questions that could have emotional repercussions.

Are all your guests stars?
Let's put it this way — they are members of the film fraternity. I haven't called people whom I don't care about. All the ones I have called are people I love.

Who are the people who have refused to be on the show?
Ajay Devgan. I know he's very uncomfortable doing this. Ajay explained to me and I understood. He's  like my best friend Aditya Chopra. He is media shy and I know he will never come on my show. In fact, he is totally anti-Koffee with Karan. Adi thinks I shouldn't be doing this. He is very upset with me and doesn't watch the show in protest.

Will your second season have only stars too?
No. There will be people from all walks of life. Also, it will have a new format, new set, same coffee but everything else changes. It's just Kooler Koffee with Karan.

We hear the last episode will be a grand finale?
Yes. It's got Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan together. Then we called two other young actors, Farhan Akhtar and Farah Khan along with Sanjay (Leela Bhansali) to judge the rapid-fire round. Then we have Kajol. There is one segment with Amitji, Shah Rukh, Kajol and me and then the last segment had a special guest of the show, Jaya Bachchan.

|iami5o4| Goldie
|iami5o4|
|iami5o4|

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 1:29am | IP Logged
i wonder ... how does Karan's coffee actually tastes. INDIAN STARBUCKS? 
~*Prinkzz4eva*~ IF-Dazzler
~*Prinkzz4eva*~
~*Prinkzz4eva*~

Posted: 16 April 2005 at 7:54pm | IP Logged
hahaha LOLthats funni!!LOLLOL thanks for the great article anyways
hetal IF-Rockerz
hetal
hetal

Posted: 16 April 2005 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
hey guys...on what channel this show comes. im in us and ihavent seen this show. please somebody tell me.
bas02 Goldie
bas02
bas02

Posted: 17 April 2005 at 9:38am | IP Logged

thnx for sharing!!Smile

hi hetal i am not in the US, here in the UK it comes on star plus. hope that helps!

luving_gal_neha Senior Member
luving_gal_neha
luving_gal_neha

Posted: 19 April 2005 at 6:32am | IP Logged
in india it cums on star world
-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 20 April 2005 at 5:38am | IP Logged
thanx for the info
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top