Page 1 of 1

princess1

IF-Rockerz

princess1

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
ACP Pradyuman pakde gaye!
   By: Chaitanya Padukone
   April 21, 2006

Thoda aur chalega: Chetan Hansraj, Shruti Ulfat, Shivaji Satam, Anoop Soni. Pics: Yogen Shah
When the CID cast and crew got together at the Red Box night spot at Bandra, little did senior actor Shivaji Satam, who plays ACP Pradyuman know that there was an 'arresting' surpise in store.

Just as Satam was about to exit from the venue, his co-stars including Shweta Kawatra, Manav Gohil, Anoop Soni, actor-director Kabir Sadanand, Dayanand Shetty, Chetan Hansraj, (who plays a drunkard in an upcoming episode of CID), guest Shruti Ulfat, writer duo Sriram and Rajat, director Yash Patnaik and co-producer Pradeep Uppoor stopped him and a special birthday cake was arranged by restaurateur Krishna Tamang. The otherwise tough-burly ACP was seen blushing.

"For a change, I have been 'caught' unawares! How did these guys know about my saalgiraah? I have never celebrated it since the past nine years that I have been acting in CID. It's rather embarrassing for me but I am sure my large kids' fan-following will be delighted when they know this," reacted a squirming Satam as they all smothered him with cherry cake.

Classic gift

"This time, indirectly, my classic birthday-gift is the Guinness Book of World Records listing of our serial CID for the non-stop one-shot of 111 minutes," insists the tough ACP who has no regrets that he has still not been promoted in the serial despite all his crime-solving exploits. "Even if I am made the IGP or Commissioner, my job profile would remain the same, so its okay if the ACP tag continues," he shrugs.

Incidentally, director B P Singh (the mastermind behind CID) was conspicuously missing at the celebration. We will leave that to the serial sleuths to probe the asli reason why Singh stayed away.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "ACP Pradyuman pakde gaye!" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

princess1

IF-Rockerz

princess1

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
also another article...priya di...party kub de rahi ho.... Wink

Shivaji turns 56!

It was celebration time for the team of Sony's CID on the night of 19 April as it was

Director and actor Kabir Sadanand gives Shivaji a taste of cake!
lead Shivaji Satam's birthday... two days later! Red Box Caf, the new haunt for stars was the venue for the night. The Fireworks' party witnessed a restricted guest list. Supervising producer Yash Patnaik, director Kabir Sadanand, actors Anoop Soni, Dayanand Shetty were chatting away to glory keeping their glass at hand! Shweta Kawatra looked simple and sweet with her husband Manav Gohil sporting a hip white shirt.

Shruti Ulfat, the lead of Fireworks' now defunct Achanak - 37 Saal Baad, hogged the limelight in a mis-matched black outfit, obviously enjoying herself. Satam's birthday was brought in two days in advance as the unit was to start shooting the next day, leaving no time for festivities.

Writer cum film director Shriram Raghavan, an old Fireworks' friend, sans brother Sridhar, who's writing a few episodes of CID again, after a long break. Chetan Hansraj too made a late entry and when queried on his presence, said, "I did one episode with them, and so here I am," and continued to sip on his drink.

The most attractive part of the night was the cake cutting session. Shivaji shone all through!

Snippets of a chat with birthday guy Shivaji Satam…

How old are you today?
I turn 56 today! I feel totally young at heart (laughs). Don't feel old at all.

What's next…?
I have been very choosy about my roles. I don't know whether you can land a Vaastav kind of a role again on the big screen. In television too, one show is enough for me, as I like to have some freedom too.

We have never heard about your personal life…
I never like to talk about my personal life! But since you are asking me, I have two grown up sons.

What about your wife?
She is no more.

Your sons will follow your footsteps too?
(Laughs) Well, my elder son is an actor already and has won an international award. And my second son wants to be a designer!
What do we see you doing in your free time?
I love reading, I do that a lot. I also love listening to old music. And apart that, I love spending time with my two sons.

Anastacia

IF-Veteran Member

Anastacia

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
Nice! Thanks for sharing Riddhi!

aish2

IF-Sizzlerz

aish2

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 5:16am | IP Logged
thanx for sharing

Post Reply New Post

Go to top