India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

memorable characters

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 21 October 2004 at 9:13am | IP Logged

we have seen a number of serials/soaps/sitcoms in a number of languages.some characters are memorable bcoz we identify with them and they have left a lasting impression on our psyche.which characters have touched you the most.

for me they are

1)purab from jjkn....no use on going to explain why

2)i forget the name but kawaljeet singh played this character in buniyaad.he is an illegimate kid who is brought up by his maternal uncle as his own(masterji and lajjoji).inspite of a very rapidly changing world all around him in all aspects , he never loses his sweetness and hope. he is always there to help the downtrodden while his other brother becomes increasingly bitter and materialistic. he tries to hold the family together while battling his inner demons and insecurity.

3) max from roswell.....if there is anything like love anywhere, this guy could not have potrayed it better.there is a purity of purpose in his love.for the ignorant he is an human /alien hybrid who is struggling with school, keeping his identity secret and the fact that he is not normal literally.he falls in love with a local waiteress. how they put themselves on line again and again without any expectations  for love is touching.ofcourse since all the characters are in high school , you don't get to see world intruding on them, the evil however still lurks around.

that is the male list...will come up with female list later

kanchi Goldie
kanchi
kanchi

Posted: 21 October 2004 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
yeah pj how can we forget Purab.Yup Max also unforgatable one.BTW is he doing any other shows???lov to see him more yaar.
surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 23 October 2004 at 12:56pm | IP Logged

Armaan for being so damn sexyClap

JR Ewing for having a sparkle in his eye and promise in his pantsWink

KumKum - she is unforgetable as she is in my nightmare every night.  I want to throttle her!  Miss goody two shoes.Ouch

Purab for the same reason as KumkumAngryDead

nishi IF-Dazzler
nishi
nishi

Posted: 23 October 2004 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
surnita if u hate goody two shoes to tumne kaafi saari logon ko miss kar diya :tulsi , parvati ,kkusum....
surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 23 October 2004 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
I dont watch any other serials although I know to whom you are referring - KumKum is one my mother never misses.  Kkusum I see the tail end of occasionally before JJKN but I dont see enough of her to hate her.  I hate the shoes Kkusum wears though - the platform heels - awful!
Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 23 October 2004 at 2:46pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by nishi

surnita if u hate goody two shoes to tumne kaafi saari logon ko miss kar diya :tulsi , parvati ,kkusum....

Hit the nailLOL

I simply hate those charaters!!!!!!!!

I love the character of jennie in Dream of Jennie - she is adorable

I also liked Pratham in Kutumb - that guy really fights with the demons plaguing him which made him one of the most hated characters and his realisation of his shortcomings and overcoming them later really was very close to life.He was the one and only Ekta Kapoor character who really gelled.

lakshmi_maruthi Goldie
lakshmi_maruthi
lakshmi_maruthi

Posted: 23 October 2004 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
my favourite is Alan Alda in M*A*S*H and of course Purab ko kaise bhool sakta hai.. Wink
lakshmi_maruthi Goldie
lakshmi_maruthi
lakshmi_maruthi

Posted: 23 October 2004 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
oops almost forgot.. Colin Firth as Mr.Darcy in P&P...best ever... he sure gave me many sleepless nights...

Go to top