Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

wildblossom

IF-Rockerz

wildblossom

IF-Crazy Creatives

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 1:53pm | IP Logged

Hello! I thought to cool down the tempers from some debates and have something a little light-hearted.

For each of the following- in order to keep it a debate- name which one you prefer and why. Explain what makes it better than the other item listed!

1) Ketchup/Catsup vs Mustard

2) Cake vs Ice Cream

3) Dog vs Cat

4) Lion vs Tiger

5) T.V. vs Books

6) Dictionary vs Thesaurus

7) Spicy vs Sweet

8) Black vs White

Remember to give a reason, which has to be more than, " Just because I like it more..."

Hope everyone has fun and gets a chance to debate on something that does not require much knowledge a particular topic and can't make people get competitive or flustered!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Age Old Debate" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

zara_123

zara_123

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
dogs v cats

lol becuz i dont like neither of them
so it wud b funny which one i choose to argue for n against LOL

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 5:38pm | IP Logged
Very nice one wildblossom . Let me come back with my reasons. You all can fight me over it. Tongue

wildchild

Goldie

wildchild

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 5:46am | IP Logged
ketchup tastes better
uhhhhmmmm ice cream dnt nw y
Dogs are cutter
Lion, big srong fierce
TV more intresting
Dictonary used mre often
spicy tastes better
black goes wid anyting

Groovychick

IF-Rockerz

Groovychick

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 3:58pm | IP Logged
lol LOL very interesting, it's nice 2 have a topic which would cool down the tense atmosphere of the DM TongueLOL
my brain is switched off ryt now..too much revision Confused

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by wildblossom

Hello! I thought to cool down the tempers from some debates and have something a little light-hearted.

For each of the following- in order to keep it a debate- name which one you prefer and why. Explain what makes it better than the other item listed!

1) Ketchup/Catsup vs Mustard - Its sweeter and tastes better.

2) Cake vs Ice Cream - It can always function as an Ice cream-cake Wink

3) Dog vs Cat - They make very faithful pets. Cats are a little more self-centered.

4) Lion vs Tiger - Hard choice for me - I adore both. But, Lion coz its my star-sign and because it just looks more majestic with its mane.

5) T.V. vs Books - They allow me to visualize things the way I want.

6) Dictionary vs Thesaurus - It gives a better range of vocabulary.

7) Spicy vs SweetI have a sweet tooth Embarrassed 

8) Black vs White - it goes with most other colours. LOL

Remember to give a reason, which has to be more than, " Just because I like it more..."

Hope everyone has fun and gets a chance to debate on something that does not require much knowledge a particular topic and can't make people get competitive or flustered!

Generally, my brain always feels like it has had a workout once I exit DM. LOL This topic was a nice change.

wildblossom

IF-Rockerz

wildblossom

IF-Crazy Creatives

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
Thanks guys- and I am a Leo too!!

Munise

Goldie

Munise

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 8:15pm | IP Logged

here goes Tongue

1) Ketchup/Catsup vs Mustard

Ketchup!! tastes nice and goes with chips. mustard tastes yucky although its colour is nice. i've been brought up with ketchup so sorry mustard, it aint going to happenWink

2) Cake vs Ice Cream

hmmm, cant choose both so it has to be ice cream, cos regardless of what day/time/season it is I'd love to eat itBig smile

3) Dog vs Cat

cat- are more cuddly and playful. and since i got chased by a dog i stopped liking them. they're too big and have big teethConfused

4) Lion vs Tiger

lion- they're just magestic and sleek. remind me of the Lion King which i love Smile tigers look sly whereas lions are kings!!

5) T.V. vs Books

to be honest- both!! tv cos i get to stare at certain somebodiesEmbarrassedWink and cartoons are fun to watch. and books cos they give you some quite time and a good thriller (like Gideon) keeps you up the whole night.

6) Dictionary vs Thesaurus

dictionary- man, you've got to be able to know what a word means before you can choose words like itTongue (whats the longest word in the dictionary?)

7) Spicy vs Sweet

sweet!!! i hate spicy food, my tongues too sensitive!! overly sweet food isnt nice but its better than spicy foodDead it makes me feel happy aswell

8) Black vs White

hmmmm if its a monday morning then black- cos mondays are dark and dreary but on a normal day whiteSmile its a postive colour which symbolises light in each path you take, therefore is an inspiration of some sort. but i'd never drive a white carBig smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top