Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

   
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Isnt this obvious ? (Page 3)

peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Joined: 24 March 2005
Posts: 1021

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 12:27pm | IP Logged

To...Ummm!  I present to you exhibit A!

Funny.....how many people actually have contributed in making JJKN the second hottest show on TV.  Please refer to the rating chart.

I guess the directors must be doing something right.  Considering the fact that they should in the mental hospital....I think this is pretty good, don't you?  Well I guess i"m not really award of mental hospital standards, but may be someone here can shed some light on that.

So let's see I wonder who the majority of the people are who contributed to this rating??? I guess none of them belong to this samll percentage class of member swho think that this show sucks.......!

I guess the rating posing does give justice to the subject....."Isn't this obvious"?...

Thanks

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Joined: 27 October 2004
Posts: 6974

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by peaches

To...Ummm!  I present to you exhibit A!

Funny.....how many people actually have contributed in making JJKN the second hottest show on TV.  Please refer to the rating chart.

I guess the directors must be doing something right.  Considering the fact that they should in the mental hospital....I think this is pretty good, don't you?  Well I guess i"m not really award of mental hospital standards, but may be someone here can shed some light on that.

So let's see I wonder who the majority of the people are who contributed to this rating??? I guess none of them belong to this samll percentage class of member swho think that this show sucks.......!

I guess the rating posing does give justice to the subject....."Isn't this obvious"?...

Thanks




Hottest show on TV????  LOL I didn't know that JJKN had over taken the K serials.  Confused  That is really bad news considering that K serials have nothing but twisted garbage to offer.
peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Joined: 24 March 2005
Posts: 1021

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 1:13pm | IP Logged

Jp, do you ever have anything intelligent to positive to contribute?  I was just wondering???

I guess you get a cheap thrill in posting a million emoticions on your postings rather than have a deep and meaningful conversation with the members of IF. But ofcourse that's what some people come here to do. 

But that still doesn't answer my question...but then again you may still not understand the point to any issue that's trying to be made because it's beyond your comprehension. It's like a broken record.

Again no offense!  (Before you decide to quit the forum…I don't want to be responsible).

****** This is a personal attack on a member and shall not be tolerated.Please refrain from making any kind of personal attack whatsoever.Please restrict yourself to the discussions on the show and not on what and why a member posts his/her opinion.I would have edited it but I just wanted to let you know this is not acceptable********



Edited by Minnie - 11 April 2005 at 2:44pm
purva IF-Sizzlerz
purva
purva

Joined: 28 March 2005
Posts: 17303

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
frankly speaking, i don't believe in this rating and stuff.....but yes, many people still watch JJKN....Armaan fans watch it just for Armaan....Purab fans watch it just for Purab.....Some people watch it out of habit....some watch it b'coz there is nothing else to watch....some people watch it b'coz they think 'now that we have watched it so far let's see how it ends' (it was supposed to end in May).

But that certainly dosen't mean that it is the best show. Not now atleast...maybe it was when Jassi was Jassi and not Jessica...It's my openion
peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Joined: 24 March 2005
Posts: 1021

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 1:58pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by purva

frankly speaking, i don't believe in this rating and stuff.....but yes, many people still watch JJKN....Armaan fans watch it just for Armaan....Purab fans watch it just for Purab.....Some people watch it out of habit....some watch it b'coz there is nothing else to watch....some people watch it b'coz they think 'now that we have watched it so far let's see how it ends' (it was supposed to end in May).

But that certainly dosen't mean that it is the best show. Not now atleast...maybe it was when Jassi was Jassi and not Jessica...It's my openion

Point well noted.  No one ever claimed that it was the best show ever.  Nor do I claim that it is.  But I do believe in giving credit where it's deserved.  It's certainly not mental hospital standards. 

Why do Armaan and Purab fans watch the show....obviously they have done a good job,  but that could have only been done with the help of the directors.  

You said that people watch the show for different reasons, your telling me that there is nothing else on the face of this earth for people to do than to watch a show that they don't like, just so they can point out all the petty things that go wrong with it or because they are bored, and those are the reasons for which JJKN is rated number 2.  Yeah ok.  I'm sure there are so many  things people could be doing with their time than to watch JJKN if they felt it was boring, or if they did not like the show.

You can't justify a show with those ratings with the excuses you mentioned above.    

The truth of the matter is that people are subconsciously drawn to it, even if it is for the characters, the theme, or the twists.  

Well again these are my views, but I respect your thoughts on it as well.

Thanks.

ummm Senior Member
ummm
ummm

Joined: 25 February 2005
Posts: 964

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by peaches

Jp, do you ever have anything intelligent to positive to contribute?  I was just wondering???

I guess you get a cheap thrill in posting a million emoticions on your postings rather than have a deep and meaningful conversation with the members of IF. But ofcourse that's what some people come here to do. 

But that still doesn't answer my question...but then again you may still not understand the point to any issue that's trying to be made because it's beyond your comprehension. It's like a broken record.

Again no offense!  (Before you decide to quit the forum…I don't want to be responsible).

 

Saying no offense does not mean anything here Peaches, as what you have written is HIGHLY offensive!! The comments that JP and I  have made are on T&D and JJKN and not you as a person, so please do not take personally and jump into writing something so ridiculous!! JP is bringing in humour and making people laugh, which is way more agreeable than the post above!

 

Originally posted by peaches

To...Ummm!  I present to you exhibit A!

Funny.....how many people actually have contributed in making JJKN the second hottest show on TV.  Please refer to the rating chart.

I guess the directors must be doing something right.  Considering the fact that they should in the mental hospital....I think this is pretty good, don't you?  Well I guess i"m not really award of mental hospital standards, but may be someone here can shed some light on that.

So let's see I wonder who the majority of the people are who contributed to this rating??? I guess none of them belong to this samll percentage class of member swho think that this show sucks.......!

I guess the rating posing does give justice to the subject....."Isn't this obvious"?...

Thanks

Huh?

 

peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Joined: 24 March 2005
Posts: 1021

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 2:30pm | IP Logged

Umm I meant not disrespect to you or to anyone else….I don't know why you got so defensive?

 

Sorry and I stand corrected again.  I had no idea that I F is a stand up comic show where people came to make other people laugh (a very sad attempt I must say).  I would imagine that people can come her to express their thoughts in an intelligent and meanful fashion.

 

I think it's HIGHLY offensive for people to want to get their point across, to have to deal with the people who go on mocking the subject matter at hand.  It works both ways you know.  Yes everyone has a right to express their view points even if it is insignificant, but there is a limit and there should be a standard.

If someone responds to one of my postings in quotes, then they're talking directly to me.  Thus it's personal.

 

 

Sorry I don't take things offensively.  I'm beyond all that.

 

Thanks

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Joined: 02 September 2004
Posts: 1623

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 2:33pm | IP Logged

jammy and peaches....both you have a valid point but i have harped on this fact again and again....jjkn is not a very well researched show .for most of other shows it does not matter since they tell story from a female perspective/emotional perspective but it is hard to ignore a discrepancy in a show like jjkn where th story is interwined with corporate culture.everytime i see i an episode and start comparing it with real corporate setups, i want to bang my head on walls. honestly i feel like a doctor who sees a medical show where characters decide to do a bypass surgery when the area under consideration is leg.

                                         as for popularity, majority of masses are not quite aware of the corporate laws specially at that high a level so they accept whatever they are told.now for the bankruptcy issue....true that it does not make a company go down overnight but if the ceo of that company does what armaan did then in USA...

1)the company will be audited by sec and all the people in fraud will be taken in custody and legally punished.

2)the stock prices will fall rapidly and render the company virtually worthless, the banks will push for getting thier money back by selling the company assets.....gm would be stuck in a downward spiral and there will be no way to get out of it unless some other company takes over and settles the debts(like mehra industries) or make deals.

3)there is no way armaan and jassi can escape jail time(even martha could not do it and her crime was very petty compared to what these guys did).

                      also nowhere are the issues of primary lien and secondary liens discussed. i don't know how armaan did it but legally the banks should have the primary lien(owing to large amount) and jassi secondary lien. from what i know when you default on secondary lien and the lender seizes  the assets , he has the obligation of paying the primary lien holder first and then keep the remaining amount for himself. what this would mean is gm is not jassi's , she is obligated to sell gm assets to pay the banks first and then keep the rest for herself.she can however negotiate with banks ....but gm is not her company until it is loan free.

bottomline is that jjkn may be a success and entertaining but it is still a very twisted , whimsical show when compared to reality.



Edited by pj04 - 11 April 2005 at 2:39pm

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
isnt parmeet better than apu????

2 3 4

Author: insouciance   Replies: 30   Views: 1889

insouciance 30 1889 22 April 2006 at 1:50pm by mermaid_QT
memory isnt serving me right..who is she

2

Author: insouciance   Replies: 11   Views: 774

insouciance 11 774 12 March 2006 at 9:28pm by sweetsorrow18
Mollie isnt pregnant?!

Author: aishah   Replies: 7   Views: 656

aishah 7 656 27 October 2005 at 9:40am by aishah
It is very very OBVIOUS...!!!!

2

Author: LOVE_APURVA   Replies: 12   Views: 611

LOVE_APURVA 12 611 16 October 2005 at 9:28am by jjknlvr91
ARMAN-MALLIKA , its obvious today

2 3

Author: ms-tabu   Replies: 23   Views: 1171

ms-tabu 23 1171 05 August 2005 at 1:16am by cutelovelygirl

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion Topic Index

  • Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index