India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Isnt this obvious ? (Page 2)

peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 7:23am | IP Logged

Jammy...really good point. But that's the reason why a company files bankruptcy. 

I'm not sure exactly how the Indian accounting rules work.  But when a company files for bankruptcy that means they can't pay back their claims and they're almost protected by a legal shield so the creditors don't come and jump on the company's throat. 

If company was liquidated, then there is a problem.  There are several types of bankruptcy filings that can take place.

At times, the creditor does infact loose their money that was owed to them.  Regardless of anything, GM is a corporation.  I'm not really sure how the legal entities are set up in India, but I would imagine that Jessi and Armaan cannot be personally held liable for their personal assets.  You can sue GM because that is the legal entity to which the money was lent to.   The money wasn't leant to Armaan or Jassi, so you can't go after their personal assets.  If GM was a sole propriorship of Armaan and Jessi, then you can go after their personal assets.

Regardless of the fact that the company is still bankrupt, that doesn't meant it can't operate.  It still has assets on hand, for example the building that they work in and the remaining raw materials for which they could have prepaid in advance.  Not to mention a lot of companies get paid in installments.  They could still have money coming from prior contracts.  Trust me there are loop holes in business.

There are many companies that we cna use as an example, that do have such situations, but that doesn't mean the company goes down, at least not over night.

Not to mention, there are such things as off balances sheet assets and off balance sheet reserves.  These are assets and money that belong to the company but never get put on the balance sheet.  Again there are reasons for them and business is a dirty game, but it can happen.   I mean think about it, look at the influence Aryan has. If he can provide evidence of fraud within his own company, he can do anything.

I mean don't get me wrong, these are some issues that T&D should shed some light on other wise it makes it harder for them to move to the next step, but we as viewers also have to understand one thing.  The directors have depicted GM to be a huge corporation, with the Board of Directors being extremely wealthy and having a lot of influence in government, law, politics and media.

smita24 Goldie
smita24
smita24

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 7:24am | IP Logged
Peaches, next is your turn. Smile
peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 7:31am | IP Logged

Smita....you said "next is your turn"....I'm scared.  Next turn for what?Confused

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by peaches

Jammy...really good point. But that's the reason why a company files bankruptcy. 

I'm not sure exactly how the Indian accounting rules work.  But when a company files for bankruptcy that means they can't pay back their claims and they're almost protected by a legal shield so the creditors don't come and jump on the company's throat. 

If company was liquidated, then there is a problem.  There are several types of bankruptcy filings that can take place.

At times, the creditor does infact loose their money that was owed to them.  Regardless of anything, GM is a corporation.  I'm not really sure how the legal entities are set up in India, but I would imagine that Jessi and Armaan cannot be personally held liable for their personal assets.  You can sue GM because that is the legal entity to which the money was lent to.   The money wasn't leant to Armaan or Jassi, so you can't go after their personal assets.  If GM was a sole propriorship of Armaan and Jessi, then you can go after their personal assets.

Regardless of the fact that the company is still bankrupt, that doesn't meant it can't operate.  It still has assets on hand, for example the building that they work in and the remaining raw materials for which they could have prepaid in advance.  Not to mention a lot of companies get paid in installments.  They could still have money coming from prior contracts.  Trust me there are loop holes in business.

There are many companies that we cna use as an example, that do have such situations, but that doesn't mean the company goes down, at least not over night.

Not to mention, there are such things as off balances sheet assets and off balance sheet reserves.  These are assets and money that belong to the company but never get put on the balance sheet.  Again there are reasons for them and business is a dirty game, but it can happen.   I mean think about it, look at the influence Aryan has. If he can provide evidence of fraud within his own company, he can do anything.

I mean don't get me wrong, these are some issues that T&D should shed some light on other wise it makes it harder for them to move to the next step, but we as viewers also have to understand one thing.  The directors have depicted GM to be a huge corporation, with the Board of Directors being extremely wealthy and having a lot of influence in government, law, politics and media.

Sorry you are not familiar with the way things work in india, do you think if there was chapter 11 kind of thing there to save company in india they would have gone to the lenght of creating an illegal company which tangles them into criminal offense. What you said can be done in usa not here in india.

In india the moment you are a defaulter, the bank legal teams come into action and if you are not fast enough to respond to that , they they take you down immediatly.  that is why they made kohinoor in first place to avoid bank taking over GM.

The fact that GM's CEO & Secretary are accused of fraud and that too in media it is repeatedly flash all over india. they will loose thier client, thier suppliers and the trust of thier banks.

This  never happened in BLF, the extra company thing was always under carpet and then by the end everything was resolved. I dont know how they plan to redeem image of GM after such a big fiasco!!

Jammy.

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 10:20am | IP Logged
jammy writes, "...This never happened in BLF, the extra company thing
was always under carpet and then by the end everything was resolved. I
dont know how they plan to redeem image of GM after such a big
fiasco!!..."

I think they need to hire you as their get me out this mess
consultant...actually now that I think about it....both T&D and Gulmohour
need to hire you to get them out of the crap that they have put
themselves into...and guess what folks, we have to endure another year
of crap because JJKN is offering such good programming. Dead
jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 10:22am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=ritu] Jammy its your turn to go to Mental hospital. LOL[/
QUOTE]

Big smile Ritu, welcome back!!!   
ummm Senior Member
ummm
ummm

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 11:51am | IP Logged

Not Jammy's, but it is Mr. Bakshi's and T&D's turn to go to the Mental hospital !!

I'm thinking what does it take one to become a serial director in India? Do the directors do much background work on the subject they pick up? Do they try to find out what is relevant and what is not, and what works how in real life?? No wonder so many of them make serials on human emotions and relationships!! LOL Those who venture out into making serials on business houses and research etc. end up showing some crap!! They look like amateur attempts at serial-making, even if the story line is borrowed! Smile

sukh IF-Rockerz
sukh
sukh

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
LOLLOL

Go to top