Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

peaches thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Umm I meant not disrespect to you or to anyone else….I don't know why you got so defensive?

Sorry and I stand corrected again.  I had no idea that I F is a stand up comic show where people came to make other people laugh (a very sad attempt I must say).  I would imagine that people can come her to express their thoughts in an intelligent and meanful fashion.

I think it's HIGHLY offensive for people to want to get their point across, to have to deal with the people who go on mocking the subject matter at hand.  It works both ways you know.  Yes everyone has a right to express their view points even if it is insignificant, but there is a limit and there should be a standard.

If someone responds to one of my postings in quotes, then they're talking directly to me.  Thus it's personal.

Sorry I don't take things offensively.  I'm beyond all that.

Thanks

pj04 thumbnail

jammy and peaches....both you have a valid point but i have harped on this fact again and again....jjkn is not a very well researched show .for most of other shows it does not matter since they tell story from a female perspective/emotional perspective but it is hard to ignore a discrepancy in a show like jjkn where th story is interwined with corporate culture.everytime i see i an episode and start comparing it with real corporate setups, i want to bang my head on walls. honestly i feel like a doctor who sees a medical show where characters decide to do a bypass surgery when the area under consideration is leg.

as for popularity, majority of masses are not quite aware of the corporate laws specially at that high a level so they accept whatever they are told.now for the bankruptcy issue....true that it does not make a company go down overnight but if the ceo of that company does what armaan did then in USA...

1)the company will be audited by sec and all the people in fraud will be taken in custody and legally punished.

2)the stock prices will fall rapidly and render the company virtually worthless, the banks will push for getting thier money back by selling the company assets.....gm would be stuck in a downward spiral and there will be no way to get out of it unless some other company takes over and settles the debts(like mehra industries) or make deals.

3)there is no way armaan and jassi can escape jail time(even martha could not do it and her crime was very petty compared to what these guys did).

also nowhere are the issues of primary lien and secondary liens discussed. i don't know how armaan did it but legally the banks should have the primary lien(owing to large amount) and jassi secondary lien. from what i know when you default on secondary lien and the lender seizes  the assets , he has the obligation of paying the primary lien holder first and then keep the remaining amount for himself. what this would mean is gm is not jassi's , she is obligated to sell gm assets to pay the banks first and then keep the rest for herself.she can however negotiate with banks ....but gm is not her company until it is loan free.

bottomline is that jjkn may be a success and entertaining but it is still a very twisted , whimsical show when compared to reality.

Edited by pj04 - 19 years ago
Jyoti_2006 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jprasad

jammy writes, "...This  never happened in BLF, the extra company thing
was always under carpet and then by the end everything was resolved. I
dont know how they plan to redeem image of GM after such a big
fiasco!!..."

I think they need to hire you as their get me out this mess
consultant...actually now that I think about it....both T&D and Gulmohour
need to hire you to get them out of the crap that they have put
themselves into...and guess what folks, we have to endure another year
of crap because JJKN is offering such good programming. 🀒

I can feel the sarcasm and frustration in your post.

I guess we all blf lovers feel badly betrayed and have discussed this seriously over and over. The only compromise all blf lovers are doing is having a big laugh about these stupid deviations instead of getting worked up....And keep watching this show just for Armaan and Jassi's lovestory..

And Jammy you do have a point.. but again we know how T and D's creative heads work...

Edited by Jassidevi - 19 years ago
lakshmi_maruthi thumbnail
Originally posted by: peaches

Jp, do you ever have anything intelligent to positive to contribute?  I was just wondering???

I guess you get a cheap thrill in posting a million emoticions on your postings rather than have a deep and meaningful conversation with the members of IF. But ofcourse that's what some people come here to do. 

But that still doesn't answer my question...but then again you may still not understand the point to any issue that's trying to be made because it's beyond your comprehension. It's like a broken record.

Again no offense!  (Before you decide to quit the forum…I don't want to be responsible).

Hey peaches, I would like to let you know that this kind of personal attack is not tolerated here at India-forums. I have to request you to refrain from personal attacks. Every member has a right to express what they feel. While we encourage any kind of healthy discussion, we expect members to be within the boundary of the code of conduct at IF. You have something to say to a particular member, please use the PM.  

smita24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jprasad

JP , sorry but that was me not Ritu. I was checking her PMs . I forgot that i have logged in as Ritu as i made that post. She is not coming back 😭

rabeeak2003 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ritu

Jammy its your turn to go to Mental hospital. πŸ˜†

Welcome back ritu! good 1πŸ˜†

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: pj04

jammy and peaches....both you have a valid point but i have harped on this fact again and again....jjkn is not a very well researched show .for most of other shows it does not matter since they tell story from a female perspective/emotional perspective but it is hard to ignore a discrepancy in a show like jjkn where th story is interwined with corporate culture.everytime i see i an episode and start comparing it with real corporate setups, i want to bang my head on walls. honestly i feel like a doctor who sees a medical show where characters decide to do a bypass surgery when the area under consideration is leg.

as for popularity, majority of masses are not quite aware of the corporate laws specially at that high a level so they accept whatever they are told.now for the bankruptcy issue....true that it does not make a company go down overnight but if the ceo of that company does what armaan did then in USA...

1)the company will be audited by sec and all the people in fraud will be taken in custody and legally punished.

2)the stock prices will fall rapidly and render the company virtually worthless, the banks will push for getting thier money back by selling the company assets.....gm would be stuck in a downward spiral and there will be no way to get out of it unless some other company takes over and settles the debts(like mehra industries) or make deals.

3)there is no way armaan and jassi can escape jail time(even martha could not do it and her crime was very petty compared to what these guys did).

also nowhere are the issues of primary lien and secondary liens discussed. i don't know how armaan did it but legally the banks should have the primary lien(owing to large amount) and jassi secondary lien. from what i know when you default on secondary lien and the lender seizes  the assets , he has the obligation of paying the primary lien holder first and then keep the remaining amount for himself. what this would mean is gm is not jassi's , she is obligated to sell gm assets to pay the banks first and then keep the rest for herself.she can however negotiate with banks ....but gm is not her company until it is loan free.

bottomline is that jjkn may be a success and entertaining but it is still a very twisted , whimsical show when compared to reality.

Wow! thats the only thing i can think abt this thread. i am sorry to say jammy and whoever else has taken pains to explain corporate laws that Tekta and Dekta arent clever enuf to understand them.

np18 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
god, i shouldve come to this forum before..ive been breaking my head for ages trying to understand  the business aspects of gm-kohinoor. thanks u all...i can sleep a little more peacefully tonite..
Emaa thumbnail
guys only thing i can say on this is..
i have realized it long long long long time ago..that bollywood mai na kuch bhi ho sakta hai..if they kill someone in front of my eyes..and if i see that person alive in next scene..tabhi mai shock nahi hone wali...
nething and everything happens...only at bollywood...
thier stupidity makes me love them more...after all mai bhi to unhi mai se ek huin... πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
smita24 thumbnail
Originally posted by: peaches

Smita....you said "next is your turn"....I'm scared.  Next turn for what?πŸ˜•

For going to mental hospital. Don't use your brain in T & D storyline otherwise you will end up there. πŸ˜ƒ