Kareena Kareena

Ask a star_Kulraj (Kareena)

Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

She has already made a mark for herself outside the saas-bahu bracket by playing the vivacious and youthful Kareena on Zee's popular daily serial Kareena Kareena.

For Kulraj Randhawa, Kareena is a role very close to her regular self. Along with this, she can also boast about sharing the screen with none other than King Khan. One of her most cherished memories has been doing a scene with Shahrukh Khan....

Do you get bored of playing the character of Kareena each day? — Asit 
Dear Asit, not really. I try to experiment and give Kareena different shades in every scene. But I cannot go outside the peripherals of the character. I think my basic effort is to make Kareena as identifiable as possible. Also the fact that she is bubbly and chirpy makes her get away with anything she does, so in that way there is scope for variation.

How was it like to work with ShahRukh Khan? Were you nervous? — Ruhi Agarwal
Dear Ruhi, I think I am very lucky to be able to work with him at such a young stage in my career. I wasn't nervous, but yes I was very excited. He really boosted my confidence.

If there was one thing you could change about Kareena, what would it be? — Anand Sadhvi
Dear Anand, I would make her lie a lot less and speak out the truth. She has been getting away with lies for a very long time.

Would you like doing a typical saas-bahu serial? — Rohit Prasad
Dear Rohit, I would rather look out for avenues like films. I think doing a daily is quite strenuous and it takes away a lot of your time. So it is important to focus on something you want to do in the long run rather than having a short vision.

Is it true that you and Tushar (Sandeep Rajora) are dating in real life? — Sukanya
Dear Sukanya, we are great friends and have good on screen chemistry. But I don't think beyond that we are close in any manner.  

You got so popular in such a short time. What would you say about it? — Tarun Kamra
Dear Tarun, I thank the audience for that. Along with the popularity, I also think I have an added responsibility of having to perform and not let people down. Doing a role like Kareena is challenging because you have to constantly keep in mind the definition of the character. Also, I think we have a great cast, which is an added asset.

In real life if you had to choose between Tushar and Prem, who would it be? — Sophie
Dear Sophie, I don't think either of them have the qualities I am looking out in that special someone. I am waiting for the right person to come my way.

What's after Kareena Kareena ? — Sandra
Dear Sandra, I have been getting some movie offers, and am excited about them. I definitely want to do films and take on interesting roles.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mm21 thumbnail

thankx for sharing this article ...  learnt some new info about her...  😊

Edited by mm21 - 19 years ago
kulraj thumbnail