India-Forums

Kkusum
Kkusum

Check this out!!!

Kritika20 Groupbie
Kritika20
Kritika20

Posted: 21 October 2004 at 9:02am | IP Logged

hi everyone i found this interview of Garv.

'Garv was tough, Sasha easy'
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   October 6, 2004

Shaheen Parkar
Chetan Hansraj as Sasha in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and (right) as Garv in Kkusum
Kkusum's Garv and Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii's Sasha. Chetan Hansraj's back-to-back shows at prime time has made telly viewers sit up and take notice of the light-eyed perpetually-with-a-stubble dude.

"At the moment life is playing Garv and Sasha," says Hansraj who is actor Jugal Hansraj's cousin. "I shoot for both these soaps every single day of the month. There is no time for anything else," he says as he tells us how television came his way …

I began with modelling…
I did several ad campaigns, took part in the Gladrags model hunt. I knew I wanted to act but in the meanwhile I also did fashion designing at NIFT followed by a computer animation course and even worked in the family business till Kkusum happened.

It began with the pictures I dropped off at Balaji…
I went through the normal procedure. The usual picture dropping, auditions. I guess they saw something in me. I admit I'm not a conventional looking guy; those chocolate hero types. Yet they found me appealing to play Garv when Kkusum took a generation leap last year.

Playing Garv was intimidating…
I was totally raw as I had never acted before. There was lots to learn. I have improved a lot and now when I look back at the initial days of playing Garv, I wonder how I could have acted that way.

The track now has me caught between two women — Kumud and Kali. As Garv I am a bit confused; trying to make sense which of these women really cares for me.

I did voice-overs for Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeequat…
One day Ekta Kapoor asked me to do some dubbing for this thriller soap. I fumbled and messed up. What would normally have taken minutes took me hours! I dubbed the whole night till 6 am. This was an eye-opener. 

Sasha came easily…
When they were looking for a change in track in Kahaani… I was offered the part of Sasha, one of the rash bikers who are out to give a jolt to Parvatibhabhi. Sasha is negative and brash. There's more drama as Sasha, here I depict the negative side while as Garv it is the positive side.

People still call me Garv…
After Kahaani.. I thought the aunty types would call me Sasha seeing me in Kahaani.. while the younger lot would prefer Garv. But now I found the older types call me Garv while the younger lot refer to me as Sasha. As long Garv and Sasha are both remembered.

anam2004 Senior Member
anam2004
anam2004

Posted: 21 October 2004 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
thanks..
still hate him!.. he's soooo shy na!
-anam
SANDY Goldie
SANDY
SANDY

Posted: 21 October 2004 at 10:18pm | IP Logged
thanks.