Ek Ladki Anjaani Si (Ek Ladki Anjani Si)

"I have a C.A, stock broker, property bro

-Nadii- thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Money. That's what drives everyone in the final analysis, whether in the glamour world of acting or the hard grind of scripting and producing. Cashin' In sits down with TV celebs to know well they handle their financial matters, and tracks their spending patterns.

Kanchi kaul, the Kashmiri beauty currently seen in Sony's Ek Ladki Anjaani Si, has a major fetish for diamonds. She loves investing in stocks and complains of not getting the time to shop, which she loves the most! Riya V Anandwala talks to Kanchi and digs into her investments!

Kanchi loves buying diamonds!

How do you manage your finances?
I invest in practically everything. I have invested in stocks, a little bit of mutual funds, a little bit of property. But mostly, I invest in stocks; much of my money goes there!

What about investing in properties?
Well, I will buy a two BHK apartment very soon, say in two weeks time. It's near Inorbit Mall, Malad.

Are you buying it on loan?
I am still not sure about the loan part; I will talk to my C.A. and will then come take a decision.

Does anyone look after your finances?
I have my C.A, stock broker, property broker etc. So they help me in making investments.

Do you blindly trust them?
I never blindly trust them. I put in my own logic and instincts while managing my money.

She complains that she doesn't get time to shop

Are you an impulsive buyer?
Well, I am definitely an impulsive buyer. But I am not those stupid types. I have come across many people who buy anything and everything. I am not those kinds, I will buy good stuff!

How much do you approximately spend on yourself in a month?
Well, I never get the time for shopping, so most of the time, my money goes in my phone bills, general shopping and contribution at home. Some of it also goes in restaurants and parties!

Do you invest in gold?
I hate gold, and never wear them. I love buying diamonds, and I don't see buying them as an investment. I buy them as I love them. I just love wearing them. And I can't tell you how many sets I have, as I don't want IT officials at my place for a raid!

Do you believe in insurance?
I have done mediclaim and the basic insurance. I don't really remember whom I have nominated. But I guess my parents and brother will be beneficial from it.

How do you go about paying your tax?
Well, I don't understand the tax system at all! My C.A. and my dad look at that.

Do you own a car, is it on loan?
Well, I own a Chevrolet Octra. It is on loan. It does not necessarily mean that people who take loan cannot afford the money. It's just that loan smoothens your payment of tax, as you are not paying a chunk of money at one time. If, it meant that one cannot afford it, no one would have gone for it.

How are you by nature when it comes to finances?
I am not a miser, but If I am making a hundred of rupees, I don't mind spending thirty.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters