Debate Mansion

Should schools encourage group work? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

Groovychick

IF-Rockerz

Groovychick

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by T.

Originally posted by Groovychick

Originally posted by T.

Have you worked in Groups/teams before? Yes

If Yes, what is the largest group of people you have worked with? I can't quite remember, but i think it was in about a group of 8Confused

Do you think group work should be encouraged? Why or why not? Yes, because I think more work will get done, not because one person should sit down and lay back while others do all the work but because it's all to do with co-operation and teamwork..basically..it all depends on how you think you work better, on your own or in teams.Smile

What are the best ways to get a group to work efficiently? Give each person a chance to speak and to express their views on a certain topic. Respect each others thoughts and opinions and don't ignore what someone is saying, listen to them and take in mind what they say. Don't talk over someone, work as a team. Use teamwork and co-operation to avoid arguements b/w each otherSmile.

T. do u no what your topic reminds me of?

The apprentice, its all about working in teams, but in the end, your doing it all for yourselfTongue

LOL Yup. And then put the blame on the leader.  

lolz..eggjactly..when it cums down 2 who gets fired then..'It wasn't me'LOLWink

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should schools encourage group work? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

zoya786uk

zoya786uk

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 5:34pm | IP Logged
Have you worked in Groups/teams before?
i have worked in groups before and i found it a quiet good way to learn, if its something really important like part of my coursework then i pay full attention if its just something as for a class lesson plan i tend to mess around with mates lol

If Yes, what is the largest group of people you have worked with?

Do you think group work should be encouraged? Why or why not?
if its for coursework then yes otherwise i think its a time pass
What are the best ways to get a group to work efficiently?
having a mixture of people wid different ideas

Traveller

Traveller

Posted: 23 April 2006 at 3:41am | IP Logged
i definetly vouch for working in groups coz working with other people first helps us understand how to cooperate and this feeling of cooperation helps us to go a long way,not only in our professional but also personal lives and in the long run we achieve much more..obviously they will be misunderstandings and feelings of jealously etc,but by actually taking care of such problems it equips us to face such problems with ease when they arise again,
working in groups also enables different ppl to put in their views and contribute from their areas of expertise which will ultimately give the project more opportunities to flourish...

SuperDuper01

SuperDuper01

Posted: 23 April 2006 at 12:35pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Traveller

i definetly vouch for working in groups coz working with other people first helps us understand how to cooperate and this feeling of cooperation helps us to go a long way,not only in our professional but also personal lives and in the long run we achieve much more..obviously they will be misunderstandings and feelings of jealously etc,but by actually taking care of such problems it equips us to face such problems with ease when they arise again,
working in groups also enables different ppl to put in their views and contribute from their areas of expertise which will ultimately give the project more opportunities to flourish...

Very correct

Traveller

Traveller

Posted: 23 April 2006 at 9:33pm | IP Logged
thnx sania Smile

SuperDuper01

SuperDuper01

Posted: 24 April 2006 at 12:27am | IP Logged
U r most welcome Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top