Kkusum

Nausheen’s back as Kkusum

Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

BY POPULAR DEMAND: Nausheen Ali Sardar
It's been more than a year since Nausheen Ali Sardar decided to opt out of the main lead in Kkusum (Sony TV), and Manasi Joshi Roy took her place. Today, the roles are reversed; Nausheen has been reinstated as Kkusum in the popular serial.

What prompted the buzz were promos of Nausheen being shot last week (April 7) in a hush-hush atmosphere. The actress will reappear as Kkusum from April 25. At present, she features in the Star Plus serial, Kaalchakra, which airs in the late night slot every Friday.

When asked about the switch, the normally forthright Ekta Kapoor preferred to keep a tight-lipped silence. Without denying the question, she restricted her answer to, "No comments."

But a source at Balaji Telefilms confirmed the rumours. "Manasi as Kkusum wasn't working out. Her daughter Kumud (Aashka Goradia) was becoming more popular than Kkusum. That can never happen in a serial based around the central  character.

If the main character doesn't work, then nothing works in the serial. You can't have Ganga or Shobha in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi becoming more important than Tulsi. We wanted Nausheen back for some time and had been sending out feelers to her. She was also keen to work with us. Then Shobhaji (Ekta's mother) met her."

Another factor that went against Manasi is her appearance. "There is no chemistry between her and Abhay (Anuj Saxena). Manasi is a very sweet person but the sizzling sexuality between husband and wife is missing," says the source.

What does Manasi have to say about all this? She laughs, "I've been hearing about Nausheen coming back from day one. If she's coming back, she's most welcome and congratulations to her. But nobody has told me about this yet.

It's a Balaji show and what they wish to do with it is truly their decision. It's my job to perform my character to the best of my ability. I love Kkusum and enjoy playing her, but it's Balaji's right to do what they want with their serial."

Last month, rumours were rife about how Manasi would be replaced in the show thanks to an accident that leaves her face disfigured, paving the way for either Ayesha Jhulka or Shilpa Saklani to take her place as Kkusum.

Says Manasi, "The accident will not happen. Kkusum will undergo certain difficulties. How she confronts them is what will form the episodes in the next couple of weeks."

It seems the Roys — Manasi and husband Rohit — have been walking in and out of the serial from time to time. Last year, after Manasi replaced Nausheen, Saxena was replaced with Manasi's husband, Rohit Roy. But a few months later, Saxena was back in the show as Abhay.

What's happening in Kkusum?

Last week, Kkusum's daughter Kumud married Kshitij, even though she loves Garv (Chetan Hansraj). This week, Kali's mother Mahi (Poonam Narula Goel) will be back in the serial.
Edited by barbie - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dkdisha thumbnail

ya i heard this is it true that Nausheen is really coming back? or its just a rumour i hope its true

Jessi 😊

samie thumbnail
wow i hope she does come back as she is betta in the role
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
OMG SHE'S actually coming back !!!!yay so nausheen!!!!.and so is mahi😕
dreamerrrrr thumbnail

yeahhhhhhhhhhh shez coming bak

i cant wait!!!!

but didnt she say in her latest interview that she wasnt coming bak?????😕

HamNasheen thumbnail

oohwww yeah! THAT\S SOO MUCH BETTERRR

LostBoyz940 thumbnail
Yes now this drama should get a little interesting.
Yusra thumbnail

when nausheen is on i really feel abhey 's love for her

but since mansi is on i never feel if they loved each other

it's bit diffrent 🤢

Tabs thumbnail
thanx for the info... i hope this is true and we see something exciting happening in kusum...
TiN24 thumbnail
finally...........the show will have something that's worth watching!😃