Devon ke Dev Mahadev

TOI article-Mohit Rainas Big Break

-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

After laying low post Ganga Ki Dheej, actorMohit Raina is back in action with Nikhil Sinha's Mahadev. He has played the male lead in Chehraand Ganga Ki Dheej, but his latest character is an achievement to cherish.

He is playing Mahadev in Nikhil Sinha's Devo Ke Dev - Mahadev. "I was taken aback when I received a call to audition for this particular role and I went without any preconceived notions. When I met the makers
I was amazed to understand the magnanimity of the show.

The set is grand and the graphics used for this show is outstanding. Also before this, no one has shown the love life of Lord Shiva. This show will take you through the romantic journey of Mahadev and Sati." Mohit had worked hard on his body to get a broader look in order to look the part.

"I had to work hard on my body because the viewers will always see my bare body as Lord Shiva." Apart from the Mohit also sat and discussed the topic with Dev Dutta, who has done a lot of research on Lord Shiva. ""His inputs were very important for the show. I am excited that the audience will have a look at the human side of Mahadev through this show," he concludes.

Mohit Raina's big break Edited by shruti.nil - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PN_luvs_Arjun thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thnx 4 sharing..

Mohit is good choice for Lord Shiva's role.. im expecting more scenes of Lord Shiva soon..

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
tfs..
yes it is right..b4 this show I saw many shows on lord Shiva..but it is only about his mahima...n about his story..but never any show show us this side..the love life of Lord Shiva n bcoz of this m so excited about this show n slowly I think m going to addicted with this..😳..Mohit is a good choice for this role..
natashaa46 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hello guys, i'm new to this forum
i usually m found on IPKKND
but i do love watching this DKDM serial

as the article abt Mohit says "this serial shows the love journey of Lord Shiva and sati" ...very much interesting 
till now i've treid to keep up wid the show n totally love it ðŸ˜Š
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
There is another article seemes differnt from what is posted

Love to play a super hero on television: Mohit Raina

TNN | Feb 8, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Telly star Mohit Raina on his small screen experiments, his dream role and new found love for the virtual world

When his Tellytown counterparts are busy chalking out strategies to grab their share of the entertainment pie in the industry through fiction and reality shows, actor Mohit Raina treads a tad different path. Having already tried genres of thriller in the show Chehra and fiction in the telly show Ganga Ki Dheej, the actor is enjoying his stint in his current show Devon Ke Dev-Mahadev, which is based on mythology.

It is this penchant for gunning to do something different that keeps this handsome chap going in life. Mohit is all gung-ho about his role and the character of Lord Shiva that he plays in the show. According to this model-turned actor, who came to try his luck with the greasepaint from Kashmir few years back, essaying this kind of role is not as simple as it seems. "It is difficult to play a role which combines divinity with human touch," says Mohit who adds, "Initially, I was under lot of pressure as I could not exactly visualize the role and was apprehensive. When I went to browse information on Lord Shiva I could not find much information which could give me an insight to visualize Lord Shiva's personality. It was difficult to imagine what his mannerisms would have been. But once I got myself involved fully, I could brace myself up for the challenge."

The actor feels that he got a much needed break after the show Ganga ke Dheej concluded. "But the break lasted only for three weeks as Mahadev happened," says Mohit who wants to focus on his current on screen endeavor. "I am dedicating a lot of time to this show. I do not have any future agendas set. I am not too ambitious and I just believe in playing it by ear," says this commerce graduate from Kashmir, who came to Mumbai and began his career with modeling.

Apart from mythology and fiction, it is action that interests the actor. And the actor says he is eagerly waiting to don the thinking cap of a swashbuckling superhero. "I love to play a super hero on the small screen if such a show is made. I really loved Chirstopher Reeve's autobiography Still Me."

Quiz the actor about his interests in life but he is quicker to talk about his crush in life. And no, it is not about that someone special in his life. Mohit confesses he is smitten by the virtual world of social networking. "I just started connecting on the social networking sites. I am really enjoying it as I am following my favorite celebs on the web. Being an SRK fan, I religiously follow his tweets. It's fun when you get to know so much about a person," says Mohit on a parting note.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Love-to-play-a-super-hero-on-television-Mohit-Raina/articleshow/11793219.cms