Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chatbuster thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

yaar, sabko wapas le aao. want to see everyone again. baar baar dekho, hazar baar dekho, dekhne kee cheez hai toh... πŸ˜‰

btw, if the question is about Raktima coming in with the "next competent boy", shldn't that be the "next competent uncle"? πŸ˜›
simtara thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Rahul... πŸ˜›

No thank you! I don't want her back. In fact, in my opinion, at least half the contestants don't really have the talent to be on that stage.

We have the second largest population in this world...and you're telling me this is the best you could find out there?

They probably called back the contestants who didn't make it through SRGMP C'05 because it would be too much of a hassle, too much of an effort, and cost too much of their (excessive) money to go about the country and search for fresh talent. These people have had their chance. Those who proved themselves through C'05 but didn't make it should have been called back (that's like 4-5 people) and the rest should have been fresh faces and talent. Instead, we're stuck with a mix of the good and the bad (and sometimes worse than just the bad) from the last show and are now having a competition amongst those with varying levels of talent.
chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: simtara

Rahul... πŸ˜›

No thank you! I don't want her back. In fact, in my opinion, at least half the contestants don't really have the talent to be on that stage.

We have the second largest population in this world...and you're telling me this is the best you could find out there?

They probably called back the contestants who didn't make it through SRGMP C'05 because it would be too much of a hassle, too much of an effort, and cost too much of their (excessive) money to go about the country and search for fresh talent. These people have had their chance. Those who proved themselves through C'05 but didn't make it should have been called back (that's like 4-5 people) and the rest should have been fresh faces and talent. Instead, we're stuck with a mix of the good and the bad (and sometimes worse than just the bad) from the last show and are now having a competition amongst those with varying levels of talent.

hmmm. kitna intellectual answerπŸ˜†

btw, qn is "kisne theka leh rakha hai" to find the best possible singers out of the billion people that we have produced? i am sure sgmp made the best attempt last time around when they had auditions all over. i'd imagine it wld be hard to come up with a new crop every few months. they'd be just dipping into the same talent pool they've previously eliminated. maybe they'll find some new talents, but probably not enough to justify....

chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyasdfgh

CB thats implicit to the nature of the programs claiming voic of india.....so on. Now only we Indians can think like this..

American idol auditions for every season...

with American idol, we dont have comprehensive searches each season. they go thru all the applicants really fast, no one's got the time to be as comprehensive. so they can keep coming up with new performers every time .

on the other hand, sgmp did make an effort to be very comprehensive only a year ago. they'll just be dipping into the same talent pool. yes, they can go down their short-lists and find the next 32 singers, but what they are doing is presenting the best they found only a year ago after a comprehensive search. i'd rather have them present the same folks again, than go down in quality so that we can have new contestants.

also, the two shows are in two different countries with 2 different economics and viewer audiences. american idol can afford to conduct things on a bigger scale in any case, and even then i dont think they do a very comprehensive search each time.

SHUBHAMSG thumbnail
RAKTIMA SHOULD be called back .... She is the BEST FEMALE SINGER in EMAET 😊

SAPTAK is the BEST !!!! πŸ‘
simtara thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
India too can "afford" to go through the process over, but then the poor politicians, big-wigs, producers, directors, gundaas, etc would be losing their precious "hard-earned" money from their pockets. And we can't have that happening now, can we?

As for talent pool .... I'm going to have to disagree. Partially because I like disagreeing with you Rahul! πŸ˜› But also partially because there is scope to search for talent in other cities. There are plenty of locales SRGMP never exploited in their search. It is not necessary that everyone who had talent could make it to the first auditions. Some of those who tried out may have improved immensly. Some may have been over looked in the had-badi.

You can't tell me that of all the millions who populate India, only these 9 pairs had enough talent to be in this competition!
*Jaya* thumbnail
Its unfortunate to see regionalism being pulled into the forum again and again... Whatever be the judging capability of HH and LL, its just not fair calling them regional and hence using the veto power for the southern spices !! πŸ˜• Though the decision in itself 🀒

As far as Raktima goes - well she is a very good singer with a trained and technically correct voice, and was probably ousted because of an uncalled for incident from her partner... But lets not change the rules of the game! Tomorrow a similar thing may happen and again there will be similar requests... So, let the game go on as is.. anyways, its not aimed at finding good singers πŸ˜•
chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: simtara

India too can "afford" to go through the process over, but then the poor politicians, big-wigs, producers, directors, gundaas, etc would be losing their precious "hard-earned" money from their pockets. And we can't have that happening now, can we?

As for talent pool .... I'm going to have to disagree. Partially because I like disagreeing with you Rahul! πŸ˜› But also partially because there is scope to search for talent in other cities. There are plenty of locales SRGMP never exploited in their search. It is not necessary that everyone who had talent could make it to the first auditions. Some of those who tried out may have improved immensly. Some may have been over looked in the had-badi.

You can't tell me that of all the millions who populate India, only these 9 pairs had enough talent to be in this competition!

yaar, after a while, there is declining utility with each and every search. trying to dig out that last extra ounce of gold from a depleted mine, tum bolo, shld we make that another government undertaking? now, i can understand your point if the population keeps "churning". but we dont have a billion new people every year replacing a billion people we currently have, or do we?πŸ˜‰

i wld rather simply have them go with the best, even if they are repeats, than go down the  short-lists they must have and come up with increasing junk.

btw, repeating the contestants gives them a chance to stay in the public eye, so good for them too. otherwise, kab ka bhool gaye hote. [and i thot we folks were the strong loyal types unlike the decadent types who just move on and forget. uff, kya karein] πŸ˜‰

Edited by chatbuster - 18 years ago
chatbuster thumbnail
"Should Raktima be called back ?"

nahee yaar, maaf karo. itna mushkil se ab peecha choota hai πŸ˜‰ Edited by chatbuster - 18 years ago
chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: chatbuster

"Should Raktima be called back ?"

nahee yaar, maaf karo. itna mushkil se ab peecha choota hai πŸ˜‰

btw, cant blame me for feeling this way now. aunty never gave me good gifts on my birthdaysπŸ˜›