Debate Mansion

Leader vs. Follower

Neelu.RoX thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

What do you think it is better to be, a leader or a follower?

Leaders always take resposiblty for everything, and if something goes wrong they take all the gulit. A follower, just does whater the leader is doing and never carves there own path.

I think it is better to be a leader😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Munise thumbnail
I prefer being a leader to 😊

Being a follower is good if you want an easy route, but the challenges being a leader poses are interesting and fun (at times!).

I dont mind being a follower, but that entails that you have to do certain things whether you like it or not. And I like being my own boss πŸ˜ƒ Edited by jetmania - 18 years ago
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
Overall i perfer to be a leader because i have the power to make descisions and i get to control what i am doing and what others are doing. this feeling of power is great. also, i dont like listening to others. i would rather do what i want and have others follow me if they want then do what others are doing. i am one of those people who likes to go against the norm and stand up for my beliefs and voice my opinions. i cannot let other people tell me what to do. but i dont mind telling others what to do πŸ˜‰ so i cant really be a follower. however, at times it is better to be a follower because there are less responsibilities and if something goes wrong you always have someone to blame (but its your fault for following that person if you disagree with ther actions) and they do not have to worry about making descisions. but it is impossible to live life as a follower and succeed there are many times in a person's life where he or she has to go forth with an action and there is no room for a follower in many circumstances of life.
wildblossom thumbnail
i prefer to be a leader but i do not think it is better to be one or the other
some people are better leaders while others are better followers. being a follower is not bad- it requires someone who is loyal and willing to be with their leader through thick and thin- they have undying trust and faith and dont allow ambition or jealousy to overcome them. both are honorable- it is just a matter of who suits what.
MNMS thumbnail

Everybody would love to be a leader (including me 😳 ). But there is one question: without loyal and wise followers, how would leaders survive?????

Yes, being a leader is fantastic πŸ˜ƒ .. but its not just abt doing against the norms or stop following the trends. I agree that it is sometimes very fruitful to go aganist the norms (even i don't follow the norms or do wht people tell me to do), but leader has to CHOOSE the right course of action for the betterment of people/ followers, whether personally he likes them or not.
fatmah5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
all of you wants to be a leader,but i prefer to be a follower,as i think i can make a good decision after hearing what leaders are up to.....
being a follower can play a better part in life as a leader without a follower has nothing to do on his/her leadership.
Aparna_BD thumbnail
You can not say is being a leader better or a follower better. These are 2 sides of one coin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every person has either leadership qualties or is much better at following. Its not something you choose very often. Yes you can hone your leadership skills , but every body is NOT capable of this.

If every one had excellent leadership qualities and nobody was good at following , then their would be anarchy.Imagine every one trying to make the other lead, while nobody refuses to follow. Or imagine there are all followers and NO leaders.

Its like Yin and Yang, hot and cold, good and bad, and leader and follower!!
Munise thumbnail

Being a leader is hard work- after experiencing both things, I'd say that the sense of satisfaction that one can get by being a leader is enormous. Regardless of whether you're the leader of small college group for a project or head of the school the end product is always cool.

But like people have said, a leader needs followers and without them a leader is doomed🀒

Edited by jetmania - 18 years ago
Morgoth thumbnail
Agree with Aparna. Leaders and Followers form a hierarchy and are dependent on each other.
Groovychick thumbnail
hehe..i agree with aparna..each has it's pros and cons πŸ˜‰
sum may be better at leading..othas maybe better at follwing..
but overall..both r very difficult tasks..to lead u need 2 have an ability to co-operate with othas and to listen 2 their opinion too and not just demand everything and have it all your way..
to follow..u need 2 respect the decision taken and be able to listen and follow orders..
the leader needs the followers to listen and to understand what they r doing..if not..then the leader is not doing a proper job..in the same way..in order 2 follow sum1..u need to be able to take the orders and usually do what your told..but if there is no1 to tell you what to do then what is the point.. πŸ˜›