Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Neelu.RoX

IF-Rockerz

Neelu.RoX

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 8:01pm | IP Logged

What do you think it is better to be, a leader or a follower?

Leaders always take resposiblty for everything, and if something goes wrong they take all the gulit. A follower, just does whater the leader is doing and never carves there own path.

I think it is better to be a leaderSmile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Leader vs. Follower" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Munise

Goldie

Munise

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 8:06pm | IP Logged
I prefer being a leader to Smile

Being a follower is good if you want an easy route, but the challenges being a leader poses are interesting and fun (at times!).

I dont mind being a follower, but that entails that you have to do certain things whether you like it or not. And I like being my own boss Big smile

Edited by jetmania - 20 April 2006 at 8:09pm

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
Overall i perfer to be a leader because i have the power to make descisions and i get to control what i am doing and what others are doing. this feeling of power is great. also, i dont like listening to others. i would rather do what i want and have others follow me if they want then do what others are doing. i am one of those people who likes to go against the norm and stand up for my beliefs and voice my opinions. i cannot let other people tell me what to do. but i dont mind telling others what to do Wink so i cant really be a follower. however, at times it is better to be a follower because there are less responsibilities and if something goes wrong you always have someone to blame (but its your fault for following that person if you disagree with ther actions) and they do not have to worry about making descisions. but it is impossible to live life as a follower and succeed there are many times in a person's life where he or she has to go forth with an action and there is no room for a follower in many circumstances of life.

wildblossom

IF-Rockerz

wildblossom

IF-Crazy Creatives

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
i prefer to be a leader but i do not think it is better to be one or the other
some people are better leaders while others are better followers. being a follower is not bad- it requires someone who is loyal and willing to be with their leader through thick and thin- they have undying trust and faith and dont allow ambition or jealousy to overcome them. both are honorable- it is just a matter of who suits what.

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 1:08am | IP Logged

Everybody would love to be a leader (including me Embarrassed ). But there is one question: without loyal and wise followers, how would leaders survive?????

Yes, being a leader is fantastic Big smile .. but its not just abt doing against the norms or stop following the trends. I agree that it is sometimes very fruitful to go aganist the norms (even i don't follow the norms or do wht people tell me to do), but leader has to CHOOSE the right course of action for the betterment of people/ followers, whether personally he likes them or not.

fatmah5000

Goldie

fatmah5000

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 1:29am | IP Logged
all of you wants to be a leader,but i prefer to be a follower,as i think i can make a good decision after hearing what leaders are up to.....
being a follower can play a better part in life as a leader without a follower has nothing to do on his/her leadership.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 6:19am | IP Logged
You can not say is being a leader better or a follower better. These are 2 sides of one coin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every person has either leadership qualties or is much better at following. Its not something you choose very often. Yes you can hone your leadership skills , but every body is NOT capable of this.

If every one had excellent leadership qualities and nobody was good at following , then their would be anarchy.Imagine every one trying to make the other lead, while nobody refuses to follow. Or imagine there are all followers and NO leaders.

Its like Yin and Yang, hot and cold, good and bad, and leader and follower!!

Munise

Goldie

Munise

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 7:23am | IP Logged

Being a leader is hard work- after experiencing both things, I'd say that the sense of satisfaction that one can get by being a leader is enormous. Regardless of whether you're the leader of small college group for a project or head of the school the end product is always cool.

But like people have said, a leader needs followers and without them a leader is doomedDead

Edited by jetmania - 21 April 2006 at 7:25am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top