Posted: 29 December 2011 at 3:20am | IP Logged
Hello everyone, Hey samridhi My replies in pink
I just caught up with the episodes of this show & I must say its a cute love story. So, here's my 1st post with a critical review of MLTAK.
WHAT I LIKE
1. Arjun & his dadi; i mean they're such a cute pair. I love Aroona Irani. She's doing a fabulous job. She's the kind of dadi, who may be childish, but she definitely loves her family. In a time of crisis, I'm sure she's gonna be the one to provide a solution. She definitely knows how to live life on her own terms. And of course, Sudeep as Arjun; he's awesome too. Arjun's a nice, simple guy:)Arjun and his dadi are the sweetest! Ive seen Sandeep before but I really like his character in this show. Like you said a nice guy who I believe likes the simple things in life. I loved the way he helped out with the wedding yesterday.
And I love Aruna Irani as Dadi. She's loving but has a sense of humour at the same time.
2. Saas-Bahu nok-jhok; its cute. The way they love to hate each other. For a change theres no real tension between saas and bahu and I like that.
3. Arjun-Laxmi; cute couple. They look really nice together. But does anyone think that Arjun has fallen in love way too fast? I know love can happen within a fraction of a second, but in Indian TV, problems start after falling in love phase, so i hope they would make the pace of their love story a little slower, so we can enjoy more happy moments. Arjun and Laxmi are just so cute together. I liked them from day one. I suppose Arjun has fallen in love rather quickly but i think the feelings from Laxmis side will take longer to develop cos she wants to marry the rich Arjun.
4. Laxmi's bua; aww..she's sacrificed her life to taking care of her brother's daughters. Hope that she,too, will find someone who will take care of her & love her. I do hope they have a separate track for her too. It would be nice if maybe Arjun and Laxmi can join forces on this one.
WHAT I DISLIKE
1. Does anyone think that the story is very filmy? It's really cute, but its not quite real, isn't it? I mean, she dreams of this rich guy & this rich guy sees her, falls in love with her etc.
I think such stories are rare; like a one in a million chance of this happening to anyone. I guess. But I think thats part of the charm of the fairytale story.
2. Laxmi. OK. She's really pretty & cute, BUT gosh, they are so many loopholes or should i say she's quite an unrealistic character. Ya, all of us dream. Many of us want to get married to a Prince etc. But how many of us see a rich guy in a car & instantly fall in love with him. So much so that she's waited 10 years for him?? It would have been more realistic if they showed her meeting with Arjun in her childhood & falling for him in a meeting. I mean, just because he's rich, she fell for him? So, the next time, she sees another guy who's even richer, she's gonna fall for him?? I didn't mean to pinpoint at her character, but she doesn't know a single thing about Arjun, besides the fact that he's rich & she's waited for him 10 years. That's not even childish. Because even a child can differentiate between dreams & reality. Many kids want to get married to Shahid Kapoor & they dream of it, but at the end of the day, they know he's a celebrity. So, they are just happy with a glimpse. I agree that they should have shown Laxmi meeting him when she was young and then have her dream about marrying him. It would have been a little bit more beleivable.
3. Laxmi's principle on money; I know she cares for her family & loves them, but does anyone think that she loves money a little too much? She knows her Jiju can't afford expensive jewellery, but yet she took them to an expensive jewellery shop & she's like forcing her jiju to take driving lessons? She lives in a world of dreams. Its good & its important to dream. But one shouldn't spend more than they can afford & that's exactly what she is constantly promoting, which i believe, is wrong. One should dream big, & that can still be rooted in reality.
I have a feeling that they are emphasising on Laxmis love for money because later on when she falls in love with Arjun, not knowing who he really is, she will be in a dilemma as to whether to choose love or money. I think this will probably add to the drama later.
DO feel free to disagree.
The rest are watchable. On the whole, its a sweet, light-hearted show, but i think there is a lot more they can do.
It was really nice reading your views on the show samridhi and hope to chat with you more often about the show.