tina-------sabrina views on PDA

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
Getting affectionate in public? Think again!

It's hard to believe, but it's true! More and more teens in India are going public with their affections. Dark corners, secluded alleys and the privacy of one's room (when the parents are out!) are passe! Teens today are neither afraid to love nor to show their affections in full view of anyone who's willing to look. We, at Tellychakkar.com decided to ask our celeb brigade, who are continuously under public scrutiny, to comment on the increasing trend of PDA (Public display of affecetion) and the Goverment's strict moral policing on the same!

Riya V Anandwala talks to a few telly stars to find out what they felt about the laws regarding PDA, and whether they would work in Mumbai!

Urvashi Dholakia

Urvashi Dholakia: "Even the parents are very broadminded today"
I believe there are many other issues to be followed up, instead of wasting time on issues of PDA. Such restrictions won't ever work in Mumbai, that's because the mass is smart enough to voice their opinion. Infact, even the parents are very broadminded today. If the issue is that the society gets influenced by such acts then such rules should first imposed on movies. The society isn't getting affected by that?

Pushti

Pushtie: "A warm hug is sometimes needed!"
Mumbai is such a busy city, even if a guy kisses his girl on the cheek, what's the big deal? So many times people need a warm hug in certain circumstances, and it not being permitted her, sounds a little funny. It's certainly not fair on their part to impose such laws.

Tina Parakh

Tina Parakh: "It's better behind closed doors"
Well, to a certain extent PDA should not permitted. When I say certain level I mean, a father hugging his son or they shaking hands is not what should be counted, but yes in terms of relationships its better behind closed doors. When such acts happen around, people might just get offended, and youngsters doing it in front of elderly people should not be encouraged. At a friends place or a youth party is still okay for such expression of feelings, which I agree is nothing wrong but one can't go all out at public places!

Gaurav Chopra

Gaurav Chopra: "Go find a room"
There can be no defined line to this issue! According to me it's to each one's sensibility. Everything has to be done in a polite manner without offending anyone. And talking about Mumbai, it's all about our social structure, for this generation hugging and kissing can go on in Universities and cinema halls and beaches, there's no end to it! But according to me if something of this sort goes beyond a limit, then please go find a room! But on the other side I don't support the law completely, that's because if there is a ban on the physical affection in public there will be even the more thrill to it! I won't support the law as it works both ways.

Ayub Khan

Ayub Khan:"People are not being fined for indulging in vandalism"
It is ridiculous to even think of such laws creeping in. I do agree that India is conservative as compared to the West but people being fined because of such things is nothing but outrageous. People are not being fined for indulging in vandalism, breaking shops and all of that, and if the law concentrates on such an issue, then it's silly.